Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hushed Cabin - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia
imageHushed Cabin - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Kia K900 is extremely quiet on the inside, and it's got the testing numbers to prove it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• clay92clay92 Member Posts: 3
    Am I the only one that's seriously impressed that the Ram is as quiet as it is?
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I'm actually more impressed by the Tesla, Audi and Benz given that they all have high-performance rubber on them. Tires play such a big part in cabin noise levels.

Oh, and yes the Ram is freakishly quiet. No brick catapulting through the air should be that adept at concealing noise.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    What noise does an electric car make at 'idle'? Were you parked next to a freeway and so the ambient noise level was high?
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    @bankerdanny, I was wondering the same thing. It's either that, or their dB meter is sensitive enough to pick up electrons. :P
  • tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    Wind noise along the car, even while stationary can register above 30dB. We do our noise testing on a wide open track, so simple wind is likely the culprit in the Tesla's case -- that's still whisper quiet though.