Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Filter location. 2005 Hyundai Accent.

jswimmerjswimmer Member Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in Hyundai
Hi,

I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent, 2-door, hatchback. I am looking to replace the fuel filter as part of the regular maintenance at 100,000 miles. I have the fuel filter, but for the life of me, I cannot find the darn thing on the car. It is an in-line type fuel filter, and it is not part of the fuel pump in the tank, I already dropped the tank and looked. The fuel filter is not in usual place that I can find, either between the tank the engine, or under the hood. The fuel filter for the GLS and GT model for the 2005 model year is the same part, so I do not think it matters which one it is.

Has anyone here replaced their fuel filter themselves?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    For the 2003-2005 model years the fuel filter is incorporated into the fuel pump assembly within the fuel tank.
  • jswimmerjswimmer Member Posts: 4
    So, this is the fuel filter that everyone sells for this model (Nampa Auto, Autozone, O'Reilly's)

This is the fuel pump.

The fuel filter that the auto parts stores sell for this model car cannot be part of the fuel pump assembly, and looks very much like an in-line type fuel filter.

So, if the filter is actually part of the fuel pump assembly in the tank, then the auto stores are all selling the wrong part for this car.

I agree that the filter being part of the fuel pump assembly would make more sense, but the filter available for this model cannot be part of the fuel pump assembly.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Actually there are two possibilities, depending on when and where the car was manufactured. It is possible there might be an external filter outside the fuel tank which you can see by removing the back seat, but my sources don't give the VIN range for each possibility so I gave you the most likely. In any event, if you want to know for sure, you'll have to take the bottom of the back seat out.
  • slayer4slayer4 Member Posts: 2
    So that little grey thing is the filter ( fuel filter )
  • slayer4slayer4 Member Posts: 2
    jswimmer said:
    Hi, I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent, 2-door, hatchback. I am looking to replace the fuel filter as part of the regular maintenance at 100,000 miles. I have the fuel filter, but for the life of me, I cannot find the darn thing on the car. It is an in-line type fuel filter, and it is not part of the fuel pump in the tank, I already dropped the tank and looked. The fuel filter is not in usual place that I can find, either between the tank the engine, or under the hood. The fuel filter for the GLS and GT model for the 2005 model year is the same part, so I do not think it matters which one it is. Has anyone here replaced their fuel filter themselves?
    i have the same car its not the fuel filter its not the fuel pump its the ignition cranksensor changed mine no more propblem