Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What is this car worth?

rdanielson1rdanielson1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I am looking at a 1993 Z28 Camaro with 5300 actual
miles. The car is perfect, has all options, but
leather interior and T-Tops. It also has the 350
with 275 HP and a six-speed trans. The car is
black in color with tweed/cloth interior. I did
some checking on the price. Blue book from what I
can see says its worth about $9000. What would the
max amount the car should be purchased for. I
would appreciate all responses. Thank You.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I presume you are asking if there should be a premium over the high Blue Book because of the low miles? Possibly, although if you pay over Blue Book for low miles, then it would not be in your interest to drive the car very much, as you would lose value as the miles rolled up. And if you don't drive it, one wonders what the point is of having it? It's far too new and too plentiful to appreciate greatly in value in the foreseeable future (even say 1973 Z28s aren't bringing big dollars and those cars have 20 years on yours).

So you really need to decide what you plan to do with this car. I'd personally pay high Blue Book or perhaps a 20% premium, but more than that and you're better off buying a car you can drive as much as you wish, I think.
  • erucehteruceht Member Posts: 26
    Does anyone know the value of a 1975 Cadillac Eldorado? Its in very good condition inside and out with only 55,000 miles.
This discussion has been closed.