Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Trooper

Comments

• beer47beer47 Member Posts: 185
    Central NJ to Tuscaloosa, AL. About 1020 miles each way. Averaged about 18 MPG in varying conditions. Only problem was an annoying slight valve tap going up hills. This is a recent development. I have 46K on a 16 month old 2000 "S" Trooper. Never had a tap before. I tried Techron and STP every other tank and tried 6 different 87 octane brands to no avail. I am still under the B to B warranty. Would this be a valve adjustment? or computer chip adjustment? How would a carbon build-up be handled under warranty? Food for thought. I too, would like to track down that Tech Bulletin mentioned above. Cheers to all!
  • gadkins1gadkins1 Member Posts: 29
    Just picked up the 2001 Trooper S 4WD last evening. I drove it back from the dealer to make sure there was not a repeat of the disaster we had with the Suzuki XL7. The vehicle is for my wife. She likes it so far. I'm preparing to order the littlepassenger 3rd row seat. We got a pretty good deal at $18,298. I am amazed at the power of the V6. I had to be careful how I stepped on the accelerator because of the pep. In a couple of days I may be taking my Excursion limited to trade in on something else. Not sure what. I love my Excursion Powerstroke diesel, but the kids don't want to ride with me anymore. They want to ride in the Trooper. I don't need all that room anymore so I'll get something smaller and less expensive. I'm just not sure what. On the drive home in the Trooper, I did notice some wind noise and slight rattle from the area of the rear door near the roof. Anyone have an idea what this might be? It only occurs at 70+ mph. It seems that the rear doors could be made to latch tighter when closed. Any adjustment available for this? My wife chose the light silver two-tone color (looks more like Champagne to me). I didn't like the color at first but it looks great all shined up, especially at night. I'm thinking about getting my own 2001 Trooper while the prices are great. But I'm also thinking about waiting to see what the redesign looks like if any. I really like the feel of the TOD and the power. I'm looking forward to the reliability everyone raves about. Oh well. At least we made it home... God bless all and Happy Trooping!
  • bsmart1bsmart1 Member Posts: 377
    Need a little help here deciding on whether to purchase a CD unit to go in my 01' Trooper. The seller says this CD player came out of a 1998 Trooper. Will this match up with the 01' wiring harness? Anyone with a sure fire answer, I would appreciate a quick response. Happy Trooping !!
  • oziroooziroo Member Posts: 2
    After about 47000KM (30000M) I'm just about to replace the original tyres on my 3.5 V6 Jackaroo (Trooper). I saw some discussion on the board previously about sizes other than 245 which can fit onto the standard rims but haven't been able to relocate it. Can anyone offer some advice or experience with sizes and tyres. Most of my driving is blacktop with some dirt and 4WD - but rarely hard core, mud etc. Currently thinking about an all terrain tyre such as the Michelin LX AT or the Bridgestone A/T D693, possibly Cooper Discoverer A/T. Thanks
  • breakorbreakor Member Posts: 398
    I just replaced the plugs on a 1999 Trooper. What I removed were Champion Double Platinum plugs as also specified in the owner's manual (RC10PYP4) that looked GREAT. Based upon an earlier comment that the factory installed Denso plugs, I am assuming the prior owner previously had the Denso plugs replaced. That being the case these replacement plugs had anywhere from 10K to 40K miles on them depending on when the prior owner actually made the switch.

I guess my bottom line is that if the plugs had only 10k miles on them then Champions aren't bad plugs it is just too soon to tell if they are great plugs. On the other hand if they had 40k miles on them I would conclude that the Champions are really good plugs. In any event they could easily go at least another 20k miles.

Before someone gives me too much grief for changing out good plugs I agree that had I know their condition beforehand I would not have changed them. Instead, I had already bought the replacement plugs, psyched myself for the job, rounded up the tools and set aside the maintenance time. When removing that first plug I noticed it was in a little too tight. That convinced me I had to check all the plugs to see if they were also in tight (they were). Being that I was already doing that much work it only seemed natural to install the new plugs. The old "in for a dime in for a dollar" approach. At least now all the plugs are new, properly torqued, have anti-sieze on the threads and dielectric grease on the top. In addition, I have a good set of spare plugs should the need arise.
    WOW, that sounds like an awsome price on the new 01' Trooper. Was there a trade-in of some sort? Every time we hear of a new purchase lately, the price is lower than the one before it. Congratulations!!

On the rear door and vibration etc.. I believe this is quite common with Troopers at the higher speeds. I have experienced it on my 97' and 01' models as well. I think it might have something to do with the integral wind deflector that blows dust off the back window. Don't know of anything you can do about it. About adjusting the back door...there is an adjustment on the lower door opening plate where the two doors meet. That latch ring is adjustable. BUT, I thought it would be a good idea to make mine tighter back in the summer due to a little "non-tight" small creeking sound coming from that area. I adjusted it to close tighter, but only increased my problem. After a few days I compared it to another new Trooper for closing action and flex, as the door is shut. I adjusted mine looser to match the new one and the sound improved greatly. Soooo tighter isn't necessairly better. As you shut the door, it should flex about 1/4" or so. You got the same color as my wife. She is very proud of her's. It does look sharp when all cleaned up!! Happy Trooping !!;->
    you make a great point about relocating items you've seen on this board before. We need a search tool to be able to do that. I too have looked for past articles and never found them, even though I know they are on here. This board is so valuable and well used its difficult to find a subject from a couple months back. HEY BOARD OWNER, can we get a search tool ???
    I appreciate the info regarding the rear door and the noise I hear at speed. There was a trade involved but the $18,298 was the negotiated price of the vehicle not counting the trade. The trade was basically a wash. I do have the 1/4 inch or so of flex in the rear door. I thought that was on the loose side, but after reading your post, I think I'll leave it alone. Thanks again.
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Member Posts: 843
    I have read on two or three discussion groups that 275/75/16 is the largest tire that will fit the rims and not rub the wheel well. Also many have gone with the 275/70/16 for better handling. I use my 1995 mostly on paved and gravel roads. Sometimes on loose sand. I have been very happy with the Bridgestone Dueler H/Ls for quiet ride and good ratings for traction. As the tread wears down softer rubber is exposed which helps traction.

I have on order the OME (Old Man Emu) Australian performance suspension upgrade kit (kit includes rear coil springs and all four shocks and poly bushings). This ugrade is rated to give 25mm lift. The front torsion bars can be cranked up to raise the front 25mm also. I don't plan to get huge tires, but I want the better controlled ride. It is on sale at http://www.overlander.com
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Glad to see that it got you home at least :)

As for the door rattle, there is an adjustment, and the dealer can check it out for you. Wind noise will generally be minimal, but you will hear it since its got the aerodynamics of a brick wall.

As for the search it sux on here. I have been lax in going through here and sumarizing up the posts for the FAQ page on http://isuzu-suvs.com

The champagne color ROCKS. That's what I have (see pics on isuzu-suvs.com) You don't need to wash it for like 6 months at a time and it still looks clean!

Tires: Most people go with 265-75-16s. I'm considering going with 275-70-16s. I'm pretty sure with just an OME rear springs and cranking the T-bars you can get 285-75-16s on there as well but not positive.

-mike

Are you having a pinging problem (pre-detonation) or Valve Tap (lifter problem)?

Pinging has to due with fuel, fuel delivery, and is usually only noticed during heavy acceleration or uphill, and can also have to do with the ECU.

Valve Tap has to do with the valves not opening and closing at the proper times, and usually has more to do with the oil system.

-mike
  • jayboreedjayboreed Member Posts: 14
    Hello all, I don't post much on the board here, but I do get a lot of valuble and interesting info from all of the your posts. Anyway, my wife and my mom both have Troopers.... a 99 and 00. Both have not had any problems with a combined 60K miles. Anyway, I put a trailer hitch on my wifes the other day. A Class III that had 3 bolts on each side and it used existing bolt holds and weld in nuts on the frame. The install was a bit of a hastle because the hitch mounted both flat to the bottom of the frame and on the side. I had to pull the bolts out of the metal bumper that is hiddden under the plastic bumper on the back. The problem was that the hitch was a very tight fit on the sides and I had to use my jack to push up on it with equal force and then use a rubber hammer to hit the side attachement rails to get it to go up around the frame. Once that was done, the bumper attachment rail which had to be between the hitch rail and the frame slid out of place and covered the bolt holes. I had to work with it so I could get the holes lined up so I could put my bolts in. The exhaust pipe was in my way but I was able to get it done and let me tell you, that hitch is on there. It looks pretty good and the wiring harness that I ordered was a snap to put in. Thanks go to Paisan for giving me a heads up on where to look to hook this think up. Simplest trailer light hook up I have ever had to deal with. I usually end up having to manual wire them myself but not this one. My mom paid UHaul to put a hitch on her Trooper which has 3 bolts on one side and 2 on the other. Her's is a class II and uses the tow hook bolts to bolt on. It is more hidden than hers but a class II. Honestly, if anyone can find a hidden class III I think that is the way to go. I Ordered mine off of Trailerhitch.com. I got the wireing harness and a receiver(w/2sided balls on it) for 183.00 which includes shipping. I might have been able to get a better deal somewhere else but I'm not sure. Except for them getting my address wrong, they were FAIR to deal with. That address mishap cost me a week and a half before delivery. Also, just installed K&N air filters so I am interested to see if mileage improves a little. Anyway, I love our Trooper, think they are great vehicles and would recommend them to anyone on this board who are considering purchasing one. -- JR
    Yep, I have to say now that I properly kept my 2nd wiring harness away from my exhaust pipe, it works great. :) I too have the K&N filter, not sure if it gave a great deal of extra power, but I figured at least it's re-usable.

-mike
    Just got in touch with the maintenance department and my 97' is ready to go! The engine valve tapping is cured! Simply a matter of dissolving the excess varnish off the valve lash adjusters. I asked about running this oil on a continuous basis and they said, "its recommended by the manufacturer" (Isuzu) so leave it in there for up to 6000 miles. No need to dump it out now and put standard oil in there. They did put a new oil filter after the shop run to clean the system up. I'll pick the car up in a couple days and report back on my assessment of the engine noise level. Anyone else out there running 0W-30 oil in your Troopers?? If your experiencing valve tapping, it might just save you a trip to the dealer service department. Happy Trooping !! ;->
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    I'm sure this is still a good oil, but 0W30 is a pretty big viscosity spread and there are probably quite a few additives in there. Unless you're in a pretty cold climate, I don't think it's necessary to run 0W30. Can it really be any thinner, and therefore better for resolving valve tapping, than 5W30?

If it solves the problems you've had, then it's a good choice. I'm running 5W30 Mobil1 now and trying to figure out whether the engine noise I hear is valve lifter or spark knock. The Mobil1 has been in only since 3,000 miles ago so hopefully it and the Techron I dumped in the gas tank will resolve my problems.

Bsmart, how did they dissolve the excess varnish-- simply by dropping in Mobil1 0W30, or did they do something else?
    I run 5-30 Mobil 1 as well. Works nicely for me.

-mike
  • sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    I forgot to mention, I installed the new Sway-A-Way torsion bars last Saturday. Enjoying the reduced body roll so far. I am going up north tonight, towing my pop-up camper, will be curious to see how it handles and rides.
  • cpintucsoncpintucson Member Posts: 41
    I test drove a new 2001 Trooper last night. My wife loves it!

I found it somewhat uncomfortable as far as front legroom and position of legs to pedals.

I'm 6'2" and can't believe a SUV that size has that little room up front. Maybe it't the seat mounted too high?

Anyone else had similar thoughts?

The salesman recommended a bodyshop that would remount the seat tracks farther back. I not sure about this???
  • i30g20i30g20 Member Posts: 24
    I recently replaced my 1992 Trooper w/ a 2001 Trooper. When slowing down using the brakes, I feel some vibration. Is this normal? Is it a byproduct of the anti-lock brakes? I''ve other vechicles with anti-lock, but never feel them engage unless I brake fairly hard. With the Trooper, I pretty much always feel them, unless I just tap the brakes lightly. Thanks for your input.
    Sounds like your braking problem is warped rotors. Did you recently have your tires rotated? The bolts could have been over-torqued and caused the rotors to warp.

-mike
    Try using the height adjustment on the Troopers front seat. I usually recline the rear of the seat-bottom, and push the front up to give you less of a kitchen chair stance.

People on here have successfully had body shops move the tracks back further to give you more room.

-mike
  • trekktrekk Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell us what dealer you purchased from and did they have any more 01's on the lot.
  • cwmosercwmoser Member Posts: 227
    I don't understand the problem with not enough legroom in your Trooper. I am 6' 3" and have a 1999 Trooper and do not have the seat pushed all the way back - in fact my seat could be pushed back a lot more than I set it. Could the problem with legroom be that the driver seating, and passenger seating, is more like an office chair instead of sports car like seating where you extend your legs? I found the Trooper to have way more legroom than the Explorer or 4Runner in 1999 and the legroom in the Trooper was the primary reason I purchased my Trooper.
    Mark,
    I've always found the Jackaroo interesting. How different is your Austrailian Jackaroo versus the USA Trooper? Also, what are the most popular accessories you Ausies put on your Jackaroo?
    Try Fred Beans Isuzu in Doylestown PA. Ask for Ed Strouse and tell him I sent you.
    CW is correct, it's not a sit down and extend your feet forward type seat. It's more of kitchen chair type seat or high back office chair.

-mike
    I picked up my 97' from the dealer service on Friday. I talked with the service writer and he said the problem was fixed. I started it up and there it was, the same tapping sound I had before the oil treatment. I went back and discussed it with the service boys and they acted flabbergasted. "I can't believe it, it was quite as a mouse after the test run the other day", was their answer. He showed me the bulletin and it specifically says to use the 0W-30 and some specifics about how long etc. The "if this doesn't fix it", statement was to tear the engine down, take the lash adjusters out and individually clean each one of them with a solvent and fill them with 0W-30 before re-installing them. Then down at the bottom of the instruction in BIG BOLD print, were the words THIS IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. Wouldn't you know it! I had a few words with the service guy about this. He apologized and said I should drive it a few weeks and see what result I get. It should quiet down with use he said. I'm still waiting. He suggested I bring it back just before getting to 60000 miles and make my case since I just bought a new 01'. He said that could have some bearing on the manufacturers decision. One of those "loyalty" pitches. We'll see. I'll drive another 1000 miles and hope it clears up. Some have reported doing the treatment and getting great results. I'm still waiting. I had to pay $79.63 for the oil, filter and mechanic's time.
    Happy Trooping.
    Maybe it is the seal on the oilpump?

I know I have a very intermittent valve tap on my '88 subaru XT6 that they have traced to bad oil seals on older subies. These seals would suck in an air bubble and it would manifest itself in the hydrolic lifters. I have this problem and it comes and goes, no rhyme or reason.

-mike
  • chomama1chomama1 Member Posts: 15
    Picked up my 2001 S Trooper today for $21,800 and thought I got a good deal, guess not. Sticker was $30,629. Was yours an auto? Where did you get it?? Best price I have seen in Arizona was for $20K for a manual tranny S model. Man they gave that one away.
    My guess is that the people who complain about not enough legroom in Trooper's front row seats like to stretch their legs out and have their knees bent as little as possible. This "legroom length" is probably inadequate for tall drivers. However, the overall amount of room for the legs in all 3 dimensions (vertical, horizontal, and fore/aft) is quite a bit. There is plenty of room for your legs.

It's really not practical to expect to be able to extend your legs fully given the Trooper's very upright front seating position. The front seating area would need to be positively huge in order to achieve this.

Why don't some of you folks who have complained about inadequate legroom clarify exactly what bothers you and how you like to sit when in a vehicle. That may help us to understand why some 6+footers think there's plenty of room and some think it's way too tight.
  • arktrooper1arktrooper1 Member Posts: 101
    chromama, you did get a good deal! Last September, I got a 2000S, TOD/auto, CD changer, rear mat, bug deflector and black tube side steps for $22,310 in Kansas City. From what I understand the going price is about the same this year. Gadkins saying he got a "pretty good deal" whether it was an automatic or a manual was an understatement! Maybe his dealer is trying to move his remaining stock, anticipating the Trooper replacement.

bluedevils, I agree on the legroom issue, im 6' and while I do slide my seat all the way back, I've never felt cramped. As roomy as the Trooper is, there's still plenty of room in the back seat. paisan makes a good point about being able to raise the front and lower the rear of the seat, if you've got power seats. I've had cars with manual tilt and it would be nice but I've found that overall the seats in my 2000 S have been very comfortable to me.
    I have a 1999 Trooper and a 1983 Mercedes SL. I find the seating in the Trooper much more comfortable than the Mercedes. I'm 6' 3" and 53 years old so sitting my butt near the ground is not comfortable either getting into that low position, sitting stretched out that low, or having to get up from that low position. Entry/Exit and driving position in the Trooper is more comfortable than "sports-car" style.
  • dwinzendwinzen Member Posts: 10
    I too am 6'2" and don't seem to have any problems with legroom and I do experience problems with legroom on many other vehicles. Of course, I have a '95 Trooper so they may have modified the tracks or maybe you have an authentic "Japanese" model. Just kidding, a little short joke there. Good luck cpintuscon!
  • cobbocobbo Member Posts: 34
    Okay, I've been noticing an increasing number of Troopers round my parts lately (Tampa Bay, FL), but today I saw something I hadn't seen before...came back from lunch & thought another Troop had parked next to me in the lot, cause it was identical (albeit a different color) - right down to the multimeter mounted over the rearview mirror, but it turned out to be a Honda!....I didn't know anyone had Xerox'd it & slapped on their own label, so I'll leave it to those of ya'll (ie Paisan, et al) to tell me what the diffs are & when they started that nonsense...

In the meantime, I'm about ready to send in T3 for his next svc (approaching 13,650) and hope this one goes smoothly as I haven't seen my CE light in a while...*grin*...happy Troopin'...
    -Cobbo
    Acura re-badged the Trooper as the SLX for a # of years starting in the mid 90s up to 99. It was essentially the same truck with upgraded leather, and different badging. Shorter warranty also.

-mike
  • montanabill2montanabill2 Member Posts: 36
    I'm 5'11" and I also feel that the leg room on my 2001 Trooper is marginal. I've had other SUV's that also had that sit up high seat - but you could slide back further. I would have the dealer make the mod to lengthen the seat track or move it back 2-3 ". He can absorb the cost somehow in his pricing - he will find a way if he wants to sell you the rig - plus it will keep the work under warranty.

As for the Trooper - 7,300 miles and the only problem for warranty work is a non functioning driver side seat heater. The factory bug shield is fine - no noise. This vehicle had dealer installed after market leather (LS) and I have a feeling they messed up the wiring under the seat cushion. The upholstery shop will do the repair. Using 5-30 Mobil 1 since 5000 miles.. I enjoy driving the Trooper more than almost any vehicle I've owned. Still want to stick on some gas shocks - but upcoming holidays leaves little room for my wants. A tour through the dealers lot showed that they had sold a bunch of Troopers lately - salesman said he alone sold three in a week - big discounts plus 0%. Still 8-9 left in various configurations. 2002 Troopers have not shown up yet - but some are on their way.

The salesman mentioned that the Axiom is a bust - no third row seat - he sells all the Buick Rondevous he can get his hands on - got that extra seat. You can bet the next Trooper will have a factory third row. Be safe
  • keepontroopinkeepontroopin Member Posts: 297
    For those of you who feel there is insufficient legroom in the trooper please let us know which model you have. I am a tad over 6'3" and have never had a complaint about the legroom in my S model. I am wondering if the upper models with power seats somehow have slightly less room due to the size of the mechanical parts that operate the power seats. Just a thought!!! I will be interested to see if this could be the difference. At least it is the only thing I can think of unless the 6'0" tall guy weighs 800lbs.
  • catmanducatmandu Member Posts: 53
    Just receives my second defective 01 Trooper shop manual from Helm Inc. This manual was $150.00 and many illustrations were not readable. Called Helm and they were not very helpful. Called Isuzu customer service, they were very helpful. They gave me a file number for the problem and took my phone number. Their publications person will find out what went wrong and get back with me.. Was very satisfied with their attitude and help. Helm is sending out a defective product, and everyone ordering one will go through what I did until the problem gets resolved. Will post the answer as soon as Isuzu calls me back so dont order one till you hear what I find out.
    Are there CDs for it? Are they clear?

-mike
    My (er...I mean my wife's) Trooper S is an automatic. I guess everything else is what comes standard on the '01 Trooper S. The salesman did throw in the cargo area tray. It also has privacy glass. I'm not sure if this is standard. I don't believe it is. The week before I purchased in Pennsylvania, I drove to Virginis to see their Trooper S's, which they advertise on www.isuzudealers.com for $19,988. They all came without the privacy glass. I think I got a good deal. But remember, my Suzuki XL7 blew up on the way home and this was the same family of dealerships. They knew my story when I got there. They had about 5 Trooper S's that could be had without haggling for $20,988, but I haggled. I just came back from the dealer today. I went in to have my 2000 Excursion appraised. I'm thinking seriously about another Trooper, since I can't drive my wife's ;<( Happy Trooping! By the way, my wife is normally the sophisticated, "don't mess up my hair or nails" type who wouldn't get dirty if you paid her. The other day she came home with the Trooper covered in dirt from top to bottom. "Where have you been?" I asked. She replied, "Oh...I just went off road a little..." How do you like that!
    Glad to see the family enjoys the trooper! Its one of the most under rated vehicles in the country. I hopefully should be updating http://isuzu-suvs.com withmore info tonight. Also if/when you get the 3rd row of seats if you could take pics and do a writeup for the how-to section that would be cool.

-mike

• catmanducatmandu Member Posts: 53
    The Isuzu folks are checking on the C D version that the "print on demand " manuals are taken from. They said they will check to see if the printing problem is coming from the transfer of information.. Whatever the problem, I think Helm should check their product before sending it out(especially the second one, after being notified of a problem) .
    Well you know how it goes. Some operator took the 2nd one and said "oh yeah send him another copy, the first was messed up"

-mike
  • eschatfischeeschatfische Member Posts: 9
    Count me in as one of the tall guys (6'4.5") who think the Trooper (I have a 2000 4WD S) is one of the most comfortable trucks on the road.

I originally rented a '98 Trooper as a free upgrade on a rental car on a business trip, and I just fell in love with it. I was shocked that not only did my knees not hit the dash, but the top of my head didn't hit the roof either! (it's almost always one or the other) I didn't have to crouch -or- tilt the seat back funny to see traffic lights! Not to mention that I was impressed with the build quality, ruggedness and functional design, like we all are, blah blah blah ;)

Now, someone with a particularly long inseam could have some trouble -- there's a 6'6" guy at work who's much more cramped in the Trooper in the leg department than I am. I'm real tall, but I'm not all legs, whereas if you've got a 36 or 38 inseam, that's probably the issue.

So, anyway, after getting Troopers (and specifically requesting them) when travelling, I decided that I wanted one of my own. For almost a year, though, I was dissuaded by the high sticker price listed on Isuzu's web site! As much as I loved the Trooper, I wasn't going to be able to put down over $30k on one.

Little did I know that they were going so cheap. After my old car started giving signs of an impending death, I decided to actually walk the lots, and was real surprised at how much Troopers were actually going for. I didn't get as good a deal as Gadkins, but I got my 2000 4WD S Moonmist Grey w/hitch, bug guard, all mats and the in-dash 6-disc for $22143 a year ago. Not a single problem since.

I dunno, but it seems like a lot of us got a heck of a lot of truck for not much cash. The Troopers have to be the best-kept secret of the auto industry.
  • randers3randers3 Member Posts: 19
    I just recently received my 2000 Trooper CD from Helms. The pictures are very good and with the zoom feature you can blow up a picture so a single spark plug will fill up the whole page. You also get the electric workbook with the workshop manual. The search feature is not the best, but overall I think its a preety good buy.
    Do the paper manual and the online CD(s?) come together for the same price? I didn't realize Helm offered a CD too; I thought it was just paper.

I think the 98 Trooper manual from Helm is going for $90. Just wondering if that includes paper copy AND CD, or just paper.
  • gpm5gpm5 Member Posts: 785
    I'm 5'11" and find the leg room to be excellent. With a trooper S I either have the seat all the way back or one notch from the back depending on how I'm sitting. I've always put most seats on other vehicles all the way back. And, I agree, you don't have to lay back in the trooper in order to see out the windshield like in many vehicles. Now that I drive the trooper, I really find that awkward in many other vehicles I've been in.
  • DReynoldsDReynolds Member Posts: 17
    I just purchased a 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS 52k miles. It's in great condition and I love it.
    Now, I'm just waiting to take it off road. I've never owned an SUV or any 4wd vehicle before, so there's gonna be a learning curve.
    I'll let you all know if I run into any problems with this, but from all accounts these are strong vehicles, very reliable. Thanks for some of the info in this forum, it helped me decide on the Trooper as my SUV of choice.
    Never off-road alone. Best bet is to find a local club or group and go with them. They'll be able to give you pointers etc.

-mike
  • DReynoldsDReynolds Member Posts: 17
    I'd never go alone. I'll look into finding a local club/group. Don't want to go too crazy with the machine anyway, since it's my daily driver too. Do you know of any sites that would list clubs or groups by region?