Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Trooper

Comments

• jim112jim112 Member Posts: 12
    Decided to change the grease in the front diff of my '99 Trooper at about 30,000. Removed the drain plug and only a few drops drained out. Removed the fill plug and documented the diff is full and looks to be in good condition. I use 4 wheel drive very little. Should I pursue trying to remove the fluid and, if so, how. Would running the vehicle in 4wd thin out the grease enough to drain? Would that be a problem on dry pavement? Also, when do I "really" need to re-pack front wheel bearings in such a vehicle ? Thanx for your help.
  • doublesharpdoublesharp Member Posts: 32
    I just replaced rear blade on 96 Acura SLX. Stopped wiper all the way right and then was able to remove old blade without removing spare. Replaced with Anco quick connect from Autozone.By the way, I found a great independant mechanic and had the timing belt, tensioner and water pump replaced. Got the parts from St Charles $240 and labor was $250. 126k and was original belt and the belt showed wear. Don't see many Troopers around Louisville Ky.
    Decided to change the grease in the front diff of my '99 Trooper at about 30,000. Removed the drain plug and only a few drops drained out. Removed the fill plug and documented the diff is full and looks to be in good condition. I use 4 wheel drive very little. Should I pursue trying to remove the fluid and, if so, how. Would running the vehicle in 4wd thin out the grease enough to drain? Would that be a problem on dry pavement? Also, when do I "really" need to re-pack front wheel bearings in such a vehicle ? Thanx for your help.
  • dnestrdnestr Member Posts: 188
    How the diff could be full if nothing was drained? Probably you should have removed both plugs at the same time and got an invariable pressure inside. However I would suggest to replace the fluid by ~1,6qt of 70W140 transmission oil in any case.
    Jim, the capacity is 1,27qt. Also 75W90 is preferable. Just checked the manual.
  • breakorbreakor Member Posts: 398
    Are you absolutely sure you found the drain plug? IIRC it is the cover bolt at the 5 o'clock position when looking from behind. My reading of the manual is that the capacity is 1.6qt.

I have drained gear oil at slightly below freezing with no real problem. If you are in an extremely cold environment I suppose warming the oil may be necessary. For example driving around with TOD on should work and certainly not harm the 4wd components. One way to check would be to place your new oil in the same environment as the car. If the new oil gets too thick to flow you have found your problem. Of course this also would highlight the subsequent need to keep the new oil in a warm environment just prior to adding.

Alternatively maybe you have some junk blocking the drain hole. If so, try carefully breaking it up with for example a piece of tubing. If this is your situation I strongly suggest you flush through a few extra ounces of new gear oil (i.e. add the first few ounces with the drain still unplugged). This should help rinse out any remaining junk. FWIW I do this when replacing almost all fluids.

As to when to grease the front bearings, 30k and probably 4+ years on your 99 tells me you are due. If you have driven through a lot of water then you are likely way overdue.
  • tkevinblanctkevinblanc Member Posts: 356
    You'd think that 30K would be the right number, given that that's what the book calls for. But my dealer (otherwise very willing to do work that they can charge for) only inspected the front bearings at 30K. They said, in their estimation, that it's almost never necessary to change at 30K. They wait until they have to change the front brakes.

I wonder if part of this equation is that front wheel bearings aren't that expensive if they do have to replace them... dunno.
    I changed all the fluids last year. My Trooper had 55K miles and never had the oil replacement in the front axle. So the oil was limpid and pure like a tear. At the same time the rear diff had dark oil with a bit of metal chips on the drain plug.

The drain hole is too big and I doubt the junk could block it.
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    Find out what the brake wear is. If you will need them in the next 10K I suggest either doing your brakes and bearings now or waiting. It is silly to pay for it twice. That happened to me, I felt screwed by my dealer who repacked my bearings at my 30K service and then a month later told me my brakes were worn and needed replacement. In hindsight, the stock brakes on the trooper supposedly last well past 30K...I should have gotten a second opinion on the brakes. The 45 minute trip to the dealer and pain factor pushed me into making the wrong decision.
  • irishlouirishlou Member Posts: 6
    I have A 2000 LTD and it has bee the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. With almost 97.000 mi the only thing I've had go bad is the EGR valve. However, there was once 3 delarships in my vicinity and now there are none! To go to a bona fide dealer, should I need to, I have to travel 80 mi one way. No doubt in my mind that Isuzu is in trouble in this country. I blame, among others, Consumer Reports for killing a great vehicle, Trooper, and for crippling a great company..Isuzu. The rest of the blame falls on GM for obvious reasons, as often discussed here.
    I gave up and sold my Trooper yesterday in a private sale..since the trade on them is dismal. I'll say hello to my new Lexus SUV on Saturday. A mint of money, given the Trooper, but reliable and not likely to go out of business anytime shortly. Plus depreciation is much less than other vehicles in it's class. Plus, I love all the gadgets that "come standard" that I'm really paying for in the steep price. My Trooper has up to this time been my favorite of all vehicles though. IMHO, for the money, one of the best ever made!
  • amigo_johnamigo_john Member Posts: 107
    I'm out of the car payment business and it makes me cringe to think about buying another new one. A used Trooper sure looks like a good deal these days for those who prefer to dodge that new car payment!
  • raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    If regreased in a timely fashion the bearings should last indefinetly. As a DIY project it probably costs under $15 for the new seals and grease.

IIRC a non-OEM bearing set is $50+. Therefore if you let them go long enough you could spend an extra $100+ in parts, or maybe more in the extreme depending how long you let them go and what else gets damaged.

As to doing the brakes at the same time as greasing the front bearings, that can be a good idea. For example, adding brake pads and/or new rotors to a grease job adds only a small amount of labor. However if you do a pad only brake job you haven't saved that much of the work necessary to do the regrease. Also, just because there is a labor savings doesn't mean the shop will always pass it on to the consumer. Granted a good shop will, but shop and good are not always synonymous.
  • troopernewbietroopernewbie Member Posts: 60
    My concern was that the noise was a bad bearing and didn't want to risk a wheel locking up at highway speed. I should have known it was OK as my Trooper has never let me down. It just keeps going with no sign of weakness, wear or tear. If this thing had decent A/C I'd probably keep it forever. I threaten to sell it during Arizona summers but after it cools off I forget about it!

What's up with Trooper brakes? How is it that mine have 67K miles and are measuring almost new? Are they made for larger Isuzu trucks, or what?
    I got only $11,750....was asking $12,500. Best they would give me on a trade was $9500. Guy that bought was happy and I made out better than a trade. My Trooper was very sharp even with the almost 97,000 mi. I hope this GX 470 is half the truck my Trooper was and , from what I've been told by those that own them..they are great. But I already miss my Trooper.
    Wow, I would say that's fair considering the state of Isuzu. Just curious, what part of the country are you in & did you sell to someone you know or private party?

That GX your taking delivery on is one sweet truck, the president of our company has one (Gold w/tan Leather). Very nice upgrade.....good luck!
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Member Posts: 843
    troopernewbie, Have you got the extra fan in front of your Air conditioning condenser in front of the radiator? If not, it seems to me that adding a fan there would be fairly easy, even including a thermostat to turn it on only when needed. You could tap the airconditioing wiring to give the fan the enable signal. My 2001 has that extra fan and the air conditioning performance is acceptably quick and cold even on a hot 100+ summer day, my 1995 had really cold really fast air conditioning without the extra fan.
    I sold it to the son of a neighbor. The "kid", probably 25 (LOL... tells you how old I am!)), loved it. I keep my vehicles in showroom condidition and it looks as if it just came off the floor. He had told me that if I ever want to sell it let him know. Well I did and I asked $12,500 he countered with $11,000 and we conpromised at $11,750. I live in the Mid-West.
    I don't know about the rest of you but Isuzu dealers are dead around here and drying up fast elsewhere I suspect. What a shame. As I said before in an earlier post..for the money the best truck ever made in my opinion.
  • wildbucwildbuc Member Posts: 88
    If tobacco companies can be made to pay damages, why not Consumer Reports. Before that Consumer Reports review, Isuzu was doing rather well. I say Isuzu is due millions!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I'm not sure if you're serious but if Isuzu had a case don't you suppose they would sue? Also, I don't believe anyone would benefit if only "good reviews" were ever published for fear of lawsuits.

tidester, host
  • sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    and Consumer Reports lost, sort of. But Isuzu in no way gained back what was lost by the effects of that test report.
    Consumer reports should be made to dedicate permanent space on their front cover to appologise to each company they have intensionally harmed in order to make free advertizing on the news. The front is probably not big enough.
    You're talking about the lawsuit three years ago that had to do with CR's claims about the '95-'96 Trooper. BTW - CR was cleared on that one!

tidester, host
    Kinda funny this topic comes up again, today was our year end department lunch. So I volunteered to drive, I could take 5 no problem. I've taken all of the "Isuzu & Trooper" badging off the truck, so were walking up to it and someone asked "what is this". As soon as they found out what it was, the first thing out of thier mouth was "isn't this the one that rolls". More than 5 years later and that's what stuck in thier heads. It's sad, but it just shows how powerful Consumer Reports really is!
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    my dad asked me about the rollover article in Consumer Reports for probably the first 2 years after we bought our '98. He didn't really buy my claims that the test was somewhat rigged to make the Trooper fail, and he still seemed nervous even though the CR safety warnings didn't even pertain to the model year Trooper we had bought.

Yes, people definitely remember this stuff for a long time.
    Yes, people definitely remember this stuff for a long time.

I decided not to get the Samurai - even before the tests and reports. Sometimes you just know! :-)

tidester, host
    Objective reviews of vehicles are always desired. However, if faulty research methods are employed, or if a strong bias influences purportedly unbiased testing, with strongly detrimental effects to the builder, then I think compensation is warranted. At the very least, an on-going public apology to Isuzu on the front page should be mandated.
    ...then I think compensation is warranted.

What is warranted is to stop buying a product from a publisher you believe has lost credibility.

tidester, host
    I have a copy of the video of the roll over publicity stunt. It is obvious to the most casual non-technical observer that the Trooper was given a way different course through the pylons.
    Have you seen the Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Reports publicity stunt on the news a year or so ago? That was also obvious that they were swinging the steering wheel back and forth rythmically to build up the tipping and get on two wheels. They could have got a Corvette on two wheels the same way. I was amazed they showed the video on the news because it demonstrated that Consumer Reports was not testing anything, just sensationalizing for the attentions, like a kid on a bike poping wheeleys because he can get a reaction from his peers.
    Trooper was driven to the outside pylons while the others merely needed to clear the inside pylons. Isuzu estmated the G forces from each run. The Trooper was put through 1.2G lateral force, the others about .4G lateral force. The Trooper is rated and tested to .67G lateral force (better than some of the others), therefore it would have easily passed the test.
    If you look up real world crash data you will find fewer Trooper rollovers per Trooper accident than other SUVs. In particular, the Ford Explorer which has a record of killing people when it rolls. I know of a person that did manage to roll a Trooper by taking to the ditch at high speed (55mph) to avoid a head on collision with a pickup truck which crossed the line. The Trooper was a mess, but the occupant walked away with just minor cuts and bruses. CR did not pick on Ford because the sales volume of the Explorer was enough to buy lawyers that would put the magazine in bankrupcy, while small in the USA Isuzu had a small budget and maybe GM (owning 40% of Isuzu) even went along with the publicity stunt to make sure the Trooper did not compete to much with the S-10 Blazer.
    Do not buy the Consumer Reports magazine. If you cannot help but look at it, do so in the store and leave the magazine un-purchased.
  • wheels13wheels13 Member Posts: 51
    I saw a sign and arrow in the rear widow of a trooper that showed THIS SIDE UP ^
    Picked up my new GX today,..quite a vehicle. Has all the "standard" bells and whistles except, strangely, the side mirrors are not power fold back! LOL MY Troop LTD had that!I didn't get the Nav system...it's a novelty item that you probably wouldn't use after that novelty wore off. I didn't get the third row seats either.. I'm way passed the little kid stage. It has some "standard" stuff I would never opt for..such as... a rear seat audio system that permits the rear passengers to listen to music different then the front seat via headphones. I say "standard" because that's what they are on this vehicle even through the price you are paying for them. First impression..I WILL go off road with no problem. On highway it's smooth, quiet and capable. EXCELLENT ride and has power adjustable suspension. I got the base model and added a tow hitch. The stock tires were highway B-Stones and I insisted they replace them with Michelin X-Country's which they did. Buying experience was the best I've ever had with any dealer! So far I love it..BUT we'll see if it can live up to the standards set by my Trooper after 97,000 mi.
    AS for Consumer Reports I won't even pick one up to look at. They're a publication with no credibility as far as I'm concerned. The only power we have to punish them for the low blow they dealt to Isuzu, and the Trooper in particular, is not acknowledge their existence. Doesn't hurt them much but gives me a little satisfaction.
    By the way, speaking if the GX, you can get the same basic vehicle, minus the Lexus name and a lot less "standard stuff" in the new 4-Runner. But you know..I owed it to myself ! I'm gettin up in my years and might as well spend it now. Live for the momemt! Hahahahaha.
    Good luck and take care..I'll always be a Trooper lover and advocate!!!!
    Started the vehicle yesterday and noted no problem with idle when cold; seemed to function normally. However, after driving about 15 miles, letting it set for about 10 minutes, then re-starting, noticed a strange idle pattern going up to 1200-1400 then back to basically zero, then back up. The cycle repeats 4-6 times before stabilizing. Everything then seems fine, no problem while driving or at a stop as long as it remains in gear. When moved to neutral as when shifting from drive to reverse, idle drops immediately - sometimes dies. The fluctuation repeats itself after each start-up when engine is warm.
    Any suggestions. Thanx in advance and thanx to all on the previous differential/wheel bearing question.
    in the "search this discussion" box at the bottom of the page, do a search on "intake manifold gaskets" you'll see others with the same issues with resolution to the problem. A technical service bulletin has been issued for 99' Troopers, you'll see a link in the search results.
  • dmuzykadmuzyka Member Posts: 31
    Just drove by the Lincoln-Mercury-Isuzu dealer I bought my Trooper from two years ago....a little LOW on the Isuzu products, sadly. I love my Trooper - the CR butcher job didn't affect my mindset at all, nor did CBS' butcher job on the Audi 5000 when I bought one in '87. But Isuzu has no one to blame but themselves - the mid-90's was the perfect time to start looking beyond their traditional genres, and Isuzu stuck with relatively old product or weak platforms. The Trooper was regularly updated, with improved engines and drivetrains, but the Rodeo got old fast, especially in the market at which it was aimed. Explorers and Blazers and Toyotas all swooped in to grab market share of Isuzu's traditional client....Isuzu's late, lame response was the Axiom, while quite a unique styling excercise, not enough to pull folks back. And now we have the Ascender, which is hideous...I can't believe Saab will use this platform for their midsize SUV (unless it was shoved down their throats, which is more the reality in my mind....). Before Isuzu abandons the US, I hope they have an opportunity to bring out a decent crossover, ala Highlander/Murano/Pilot, for the wannabes like myself (my LS is 2WD), and a new ballistic Trooper to replace the Ascender. I look forward to that day, but sadly, it may be passed.
    Thanx for your help. Read the posts as suggested. My problem occurs after the engine is warm. Some posts mention the symptoms occur when cold, others when the engine is warm. Is IMG failure more likely to declare itself when warm or when cold. I also failed to mention a hissing sound which is new and was first noticed after the symptoms began. From the discussions it appears this is consistent with IMG. Final question - should this be covered on power train warranty on a '99 with 42,000 miles?
    Whether a SUV has a tendency to roll-ever to some extent is determined by the type of driver. I would not recommend a Trooper, or any SUV, be given to a teenage driver as their own personal transportation due to the dangers involved. But in the hands of a mature and experienced driver, SUV's are quite safe.

Different kinds of people buy different kinds of vehicles, and use them in different enviornments. What is a safe combination in one instance may not be so in another. To judge a vehicle in isolation irrespective of the driver type and how it is used is to do a disservice to the vehicle and what it was designed to accomplish. The upshot of all this is that testing of dangerousness is much more complicated than it appears on the surface. (last post on this topic)
    Actually, the one that has the most experience with this topic is SDC2, try searching "SDC2" here and under "Maintenance & Repairs"(see below). As far as Warranty coverage, check out page 3 in the PDF link, Gasoline Fuel Injection Equipment?
    http://isuzu-suvs.com/images/99trooperwarranty.PDF

Hopefully SDC2 is close to his computer this week and reads your post. I believe he's had it replaced twice. sdc2 "Isuzu Owners: Maintenance & Repairs" Dec 29, 2001 10:34pm!
  • ostazostaz Member Posts: 80
    A while back, I had a problem with the fan speed control (only worked on the highest position). I finally repalced the resistor pack, and the fan control went back to normal (4 speeds). But only for a few minutes, and now the old problem is back again.

Something is shorting/burning the resistors, and my guess is that without any resistance, the fan works unimpeded at the highest speed.

Any thoughts?
    My Trooper was a silent truck till a winter had come. At a cold day (10F) on my way back home I noticed the noise which was coming somewhere from the tail gate. Checked a spare wheel, a washer reservoir and their fastenings. It didn't help. Then I bent up a little a supporting staple which was located on the big door from below. The noise disappeared and it hasn't annoyed to me since.

I wish your Troopers will run without any problems even after their odometers have shown 200K miles. This is the best automotive site I've ever seen (I mean its graphics, info ability, host support) and nice people are over here. God bless your country and all the peace-loving world. Merry Christmas. Cheers!
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    If there wasn't the article, I may never had ended up with one. The only reason I chose the Trooper was its long laundry list of standard features (especially truck based offroad features) and the fact I could get it for $24K++. Had cost $31.5K as the sticker listed I would have passed.

It is a shame that is all people remember about the truck. I have had relatives tell me that I "need to get my family in something safe". I always joke back saying "I only had it up on 2 wheels once so far".
  • bstone3bstone3 Member Posts: 97
    I remember just before we bought our 01 Trooper there was a TV crash test of SUV's - the Trooper did good except for a post crash fuel leak - Isuzu made a design change and gave them another Trooper to test - again there was a leak - they redesigned again and crash tested a third Trooper (all at Isuzu expense)- this time no leak - they made this design change retroactive to existing 01 (and I think 00)Troopers - and mine has the door sticker noting the mod. We all know that Troopers roll around alot - may not be unsafe but it does get your attention and many of the board members have invested time and money beefing up the suspension. If Isuzu had addressed the suspension in 96 in the same fashion as they addressed the 01 fuel leak then consumer confidence would have been restored. Look at what Ford has done to the F-150 to respond to poor crash test results - saw the crash test videos on the news the other day - much better truck now. Going to court to restore your reputation - even if justified - doesn't sell vehicles. Personally, I dropped my subscription to CR because they are just flat anti SUV. We love our Trooper and will drive it til it or both of us die.
    Well I have posted this info before, but it bears repeating.

At the time of the Consumer Report Trooper test, the Trooper was only middle of the pack in rollovers per 100,000 miles driven. This says to me their test method is either A) Not reflective of real world driving (so what use is it?); or B) the test was intentionally manipulated.

Either way, their credibility is suspect, either through incompetence or deceit.

The highest rollover rate by far was the Ford Bronco II. Is it a coincidence they didn't go after the huge American manufacturer, and instead went after little Isuzu and Suzuki? This speaks of corporate cowardice.

And anybody who thinks CR is unbiased because they don't have advertising is fooling themselves. Their money comes from somewhere, and newstand sales or subscriptions only are a small part of any magazine's revenue.
    Isuzu did address the crash test in the 98+ models, changing the height and stance slightly, lowering the center of gravity. Not a significant change, really, just mods to the body mounts mostly.
    The intake manifold gasket would certainly be at the top of the list of suspects. Not sure if I have ever posted this here:

"I dug back into my stack of old paper emails and found a message from the Planet Isuzoo egroups in January 2001. This message was from Sam Jelinek, who many of you know from ZuZoo and elsewhere. He is an Isuzu Master Mechanic I believe, and in this message he described how to replace an intake manifold gasket on the 3.2/3.5 engine.

Please note that I have not tried this procedure, and cannot say if and how well it works. Also, if Sam or anybody else in-the-know wants to add, clarify, or contradict this information, they are welcome to do so. I offer it simply because many of us with Isuzu V6 engines are getting out of warranty now, and may need DIY instructions.

So here it is, paraphrased and edited for clarity (Sam is a better mechanic than writer)quote:

Something that has been showing up even more lately on the new V6 engine, the intake gaskets are starting to leak and break. If the gasket is leaking real bad you can hear an air leak from the engine, almost like the airbox is not tight.

Using a can of brake cleaner you can check this very easy. Spray around the intake, most of the time on the drivers side, and you can find the leak.

To repair the leak, here is how it goes:

Remove the air intake hose from the throttle body.

Remove the 4 bolts that hold the throttle body to the intake. No need to remove any other hoses from the throttle body.

Unhook the injector wiring from each injector.

This is the hard part: on the passenger side of the intake you have to remove the EGR flow pipe nut. You will need a 7/8" or 22mm wrench, may even have to cut the wrench short to get it in there.

Remove the 2 long bolts on each side.

Remove the 2 short bolts from each side, I think they are on the front and rear of the intake.

On the Troopers the intake will lift up enough to get the old gaskets out. On the Rodeo use short bungy cords to hold the intake up so that the old gaskets can be removed.

When removing the old gaskets be careful, they may be broken. Do not let the pieces fall into the intake.

Use a clean rag to wipe off the intake surface on the cylinder head and reinstall the new gaskets.

Let the intake back down and start the EGR flow pipe before putting the other bolts in the intake.

Reinstall the other bolts and air intake hose.

Well that's it, pretty much as written. Actually sounds doable for even a marginal mechanic such as myself. Hope this helps somebody."
    Thanks sdc2, I'm going to copy/paste this into a Word.doc for future reference. This will come in handy for the day the Thermostat needs replacing, by then all of the Isuzu mechanics will be extinct and I'll have to give the instructions to a Kia/Hyundai mechanic:-O
  • chaser1chaser1 Member Posts: 20
    I've seen 2 of them roll when they really shouldn't have (including once backing out of a driveway with a right-hand turn into the street at a moderate but acceptable speed)

CR didn't go after the Bronco II because Ford dropped them and introduced the Explorer. The Jeep CJ was also on CR's list, but Jeep came out with the YJ which changed width and wheelbase.

Now, with that said, I WAS a complete CR supporter UNTIL the court ruling over the Trooper - now I view CR as just another source of information in most cases.

Happy '02 Trooper owner!
  • mkayemkaye Member Posts: 184
    I am NOT endorsing this site or lawyers :-)
    BUT, rolloverlawyer.com lists the Bronco II, Explorer, CJ, and Suzuki in their links but do not list the Trooper.

I believe that part of the Trooper design change for 95/6 was a slight widening of the track as well. That is where the over-fenders/flares came from.

Apparently, there isn't much legal action against the Trooper/Isuzu for rollover fatalities or injuries. Maybe low sales or shallow corporate pockets, but also just fewer rollovers in percentage.

Somewhat laughable rumor department. While buying oil filters I heard the GM and parts guy at the local GM/Isuzu dealership who said that a 'new' Trooper designed by Isuzu was scheduled for 2004 as a 05 model. Who knows?
    Doesn't sound like they were "cleared" to me, they just didn't have to pay damages. Sorta like OJ, being found "not guilty" is NOT the same as being "innocent":

"April 10, 2000 -- Verdict on Consumer Reports: false, but not damaging. After a two-month trial, a federal jury found Thursday that the magazine had made numerous false statements in its October 1996 cover story assailing the 1995-96 Isuzu Trooper sport utility vehicle as dangerously prone to roll over, but declined to award the Japanese carmaker any cash damages. The jury found that CR's "testing" had put the vehicle through unnatural steering maneuvers which, contrary to the magazine's claims, were not the same as those to which competitors' vehicles had been subjected. Jury foreman Don Sylvia said the trial had left many jurors feeling that the magazine had behaved arrogantly, and that eight of ten jurors wanted to award Isuzu as much as $25 million, but didn't because "we couldn't find clear and convincing evidence that Consumers Union intentionally set out to trash the Trooper". The jury found eight statements false but in only one of the eight did it determine CR to be knowingly or recklessly in error, which was when it said: "Isuzu ... should never have allowed these vehicles on the road." However, it ruled that statement not to have damaged the company, despite a sharp drop in Trooper sales from which the vehicle later recovered."
    First for future reference for the rest of us where was the pack? How much do you have to move out of the way? How long did it take?

As to you current problem, I have not chased this problem myself. With that out of the way I did find this on the web http://www.nichols.nu/tip022.htm It discusses several potential fixes (e.g. bad fan, another sensor, connections) other than the resistor pack. Granted this is not Isuzu specific but it might help you nonetheless.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    CR was NOT cleared, Isuzu just didn't win any $ or anything :(

-mike