Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia

1163164165166167169»

Comments

• txpackersfantxpackersfan Member Posts: 27
    Has anyone heard why Toyota is not offering incentives on the Sequoia? I was hoping all this unintended acceleration bad publicity would get me a great deal on the Sequoia. When they finally came out with the 0% financing, they had it on pretty much every vehicle except the Sequoia which seemed strange.

My local dealer only gets in about 1 a month and it seems to sell in about 2 weeks. I've told them I'd be intereted in buying if I could get it at invoice with a nice rebate or 0% financing and they just laugh. Good thing is I don't need it now and I plan on paying cash when I do buy. Still, 0% let's me keep my cash growing and would definitely get me interested in buying. So has anyone else gotten a good answer from a Toyota dealer on why this financing is not offered on Sequoia?

Thanks.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    if that dealer can only allocate 1 per month, you don't want to make a purchase there. many car makers assign new vehicles to dealers base on customer satisfaction and selling volume.
  • squashuaxsquashuax Member Posts: 6
    My 2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 has the JBL Premium Sound System / Stereo with 6 disk changer. I already had to have the whole unit replaced once due to sound quality issues that were covered by a service bulletin. Just yesterday the CD/Aux switch stopped working. Although I can still switch from AM to FM1, FM2, or CD, it is not possible to select the Aux input, which means I can no longer use my iPod. I am not looking forward to taking it to the dealer, because since I passed 36,000 miles every small issue with this car seams to cost at least $200 to fix, or even to just get the dealer to look at it. I am really disappointed with "Toyota Quality," right now!

Is anyone else having problems with their sound system?? Is there any way for a consumer to "reset" the system without paying the dealer to plug it in??

Thanks.
  • corp900corp900 Member Posts: 1
    im having the same problem with my 2008, when i put the wire in for AUX the ipod dosent work, did you find the solution yet>?
  • las7880las7880 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently looking to replace my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and am considering either a fully loaded Honda Pilot/equivalent or a less lush Toyota Sequoia. I spoke with a sales person at my local Toyota dealer who has a 2011 SR5 with the premium upgrade (leather seats and backup camera is mostly all, as far as I can tell) for 45k. This is sticker, I'm sure they'll loosen up on the price once we meet in person.

So, for you Sequoia owners, do you love it? Hate it? Would you buy another again? Any advice for someone who has never owned a Toyota?

I'm new to the forums, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot!
  • amalfavonamalfavon Member Posts: 9
    love it!. read the buying experience blog...love it!
  • angels07angels07 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    As I'm driving there's a whistling sound that's possibly coming from the AC (not sure). Sometimes when I accelerate it seems to get a little louder but then goes away when I take my foot off the pedal. Either way the sound is very annoying. I took it to the dealer after having it for a few days and apparently they said it was normal. I can't accept that the sound is normal especially when you have a headache. I'm going to take back soon before we leave for vacation because it's worse sitting in the front passenger seat. Perhaps I'm a little sensitive.

If you have or are dealing with the same problem and got the problem fixed, please let me know what to do to get this fixed. Thank you.
  • sigmasigma Member Posts: 2
    Are you using the stock air filter, or have you changed your air filter recently? I have the 2008 Sequoia, and when I upgraded to a K&N performance air filter, I started to hear a high pitched whistling sound. After trying a second filter, and poking around on these message boards, I concluded that the noise was "normal," and the price you pay for an aftermarket filter upgrade. I think it makes it sound like a turbo / big rig!
  • wleawlea Member Posts: 1
    Hello:
    I’m trying to buy an older 2001- 2003 Sequoia. I have seen these vehicles with miles between 80-120,000 miles. I doubt whether I will buy one with more than 120,000 miles.
    The million dollar question is what kind of miles can I expect to put on an I-Force V8?
    I know maintenance will have a lot to do with this but overall would anyone know what I can roughly expect?
    I appreciate you reading this post.
    Thanks.
  • rtribblertribble Member Posts: 45
    I'm approaching the time when I will need to replace the original tires on my 2008 Sequoia.
    My question is, can I use the original tire pressure sensors when I have the new tires installed or will I have to replace them also?
    When I replaced the tires on my 2008 Sequoia at 50k, I did not have to do anything with the sensors. They are still working just fine.
  • rtribblertribble Member Posts: 45
    Thanks, I'm thinking of replacing the original Bridgstone Duelers at around 50K also and am about 5K away from that.
    Looking seriously at going with Michelin LTX M/S2 as I like Michelins and these have a 70K rateing.
    Any thoughts on best replacement tires?
    I used the OEM tires, because the price at the dealer was fair, and I didn't want to deal with any issues regarding the speedometer or odometer. Also, I couldn't get the right sized Michelins from Costco!
  • varocketryvarocketry Member Posts: 7
    My JBL center console Amp failed after the warranty expiration so no TSB replacement for me.

Need JBL AMP from center console (Sequoia) model 86280-AF020 or 86280-AF021 or 86280-AF022.

Anyone pull there working AMP out doing an aftermarket upgrade?

Yes, I am watching Ebay daily.
  • helidorkhelidork Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Sequoia that was new in 2009.5.
    We have had it for just 2.5 years and turned 40,000 when the entire audio/navigation unit blacked out.

After $111.00 at the dealer, they said "yes, its broken." and now they want $2,000 to replace it. I certainly did no expect this quality from a $54,000 SUV.

Very disappointed in toyota quality.

Jim Hickman
    Knoxville, tn
    I've replaced the aux input twice, and the whole system once. Both were fortunately covered by warranty, with a bit of a fight.

Totally agree that Toyota has gone too far cheapening their vehicles, and quality is suffering.

I can't believe how thin the sheet metal is on my truck. Acorns leave dents.

And my check engine light is coming on every third time I get gas, with the OBDC detecting a small leak in the fuel system. This is usually the result of a loose gas cap, or a bad sensor.

I really thought I was going to get something better from Toyota. It is unfortunate.
  • mmrbmmmrbm Member Posts: 1
    My 2001 Sequoia just started making a whistling sound coming from the top of the brake pedal. It stops when the pedal is depressed. The dealer says the brake booster needs replacing ( a $1000 part) Anyone have thoughts on this issue? Thanks.
  • blackdog4blackdog4 Member Posts: 67
    I bought this SUV new, it had 86,000 Miles on it. Body and interior in wonderful shape. I sold it yesterday for salvage. The steering gear rack and power steering pump failed making the car unsteerable. It was towed and on inspection the frame was shot. the mechanic could push his finger through multiple spots. It was too far gone to try to weld a plates to strengthen it nor could the defective parts be replaced safely. I live in New England and we use salt on the roads and I occassionally drive on the beach. I have had a Montero and an Explorer in the past, similar milage and use without a frame failure.

If you are buying a used Sequoia, even if low milage, have it inspected carefully. I am very disappointed that the frame was so poorly made.
  • aux1207071aux1207071 Member Posts: 3
    I hope you looked into the recalls carefully first. Toyota does not have the 2001-04 on recall but a campaign is active which is addressing bad frames campain is called "COD"
    just a heads up 01-04 is on a recall campaign in the cold states for frame rust. they are checking the frames and coating them or replacing them this started this month
  • jswobejswobe Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Sequoia and the frame is completely rusted. Where did you find / hear that info about a recall in the northern states? I just spent two days this week talking to Toyota corporate and a local dealer...
    toyota.com and sign up as member and it will show a campain called "cod"
    and was released appox sept 2012. i do not know where you are located but
    ira toyota of danvers mass did the coating on mine and i heard they are
    doing a frame swap last week hope this helps. this is not a recall as it makes them admit a problem it is a campaign which is more of them being a nice guy
  • saramaddiesaramaddie Member Posts: 19
    I have a 2008 Sequoia and have never updated the nav system. I was told that the 2012 update is available and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the update. I know that the old one seems to be outdated as many of our local streets are not shown but I wonder how much has been added to the upgrade.
  • laury198laury198 Member Posts: 1
    I filed a complaint with Toyota and with the government. A couple of months later I received a letter from Toyota to have my Sequoia inspected by a dealer. They replaced the frame. Also dealer did the manifold gasket etc at same time for 1/2 price. Now for that rust bucket tail gate and lock! . . .