Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• li_sailorli_sailor Member Posts: 1,081
    After reading (on this list) about bad experiences with NISSANPARTSUSA, I used Irontoad.com to order my rear window deflector (same price, $62) and it worked well. Their on-line ordering is a bit archaic, but it arrived in a few days in one package and nothing missing or broken.

Tom
  • signalksignalk Member Posts: 13
    Congratulations...sounds like you got a great deal. Thanks for the detailed price info. Just curious...what state are you in? Also, do you know if the rebates are in lieu of 3.9% financing, or in addition to? Thanks.
  • lofquistlofquist Member Posts: 281
    path63,

I had no problems programming the HomeLink for my (very) old Stanley door opener as well as my brand new Genie with rolling codes. With the rolling codes you do have to get up on the ladder and put the opener into learn mode. HomeLink does have some more info on programming at their web site: http://www.homelink.com/home/home.html. Let me know if you still need some help.

-Jon
  • nismofreaknismofreak Member Posts: 120
    I have just gone through the same thing with Nissanpartsusa.com. However, I ordered and received my front hood deflector. The new Nissan piece (or should I say pieces?) looks pretty good and sturdy. I just hope they do have a good return policy.

I really don't know if I am going to deal with them again and just buy local instead.
  • bimmer4mebimmer4me Member Posts: 266
    I followed the instructions exactly and was still unsuccessfull until I called Homelink directly who manufacturers Homelink for Nissan. After calling 1-800-355-3515 and speaking with one of the technical staff, I had it programed in under 2 minutes. Good luck.
  • wcrolandwcroland Member Posts: 26
    Oakley5 is the new Nissan hood deflector in two pieces? I was told they weren't going to make them any more due to a cracking and breaking problem. I got one from weathertech (one piece) extremely happy with it and it was only $58.
  • joe233joe233 Member Posts: 43
    apart from the shipping problems of the Nissanparts usa, how do nissan's add on's compare to the aftermarket stuff? I'm thinking about getting the hood deflector, rear cargo mat floor protector, pet divider, and maybe some other stuff - not all at once though!
    What's better for both price & quality - Nissan, autoparts stores, or mail order places?
    thanks
  • goose1207goose1207 Member Posts: 113
    I went to the dealership for my 7500 mile svc on Sat. morning. That afternoon, when driving at slow speeds (ie, through parking lots, driveway) I could hear a noise that sounded like an empty soda can under my car. I opened the hood, I looked underneath and didn't see anything. I brought it back to the svc. dept this morning and they told me it should be all set now. Since no explanation was given, I asked them what the problem was. The tech said that the braking/backing plate must have loosened when they rotated the tires. In my opinion, that should have never even happened since it has nothing to do with rotating the tires. It is hard to find a mechanic you can trust. What is the deal with these people?
    Just to clarify...irontoad.com, nissanpartsusa.com and nissan-accessories.com sell actual nissan parts...the same ones you would get at the dealer. There are many other on-line and mail order places (are there still mail order vendors that have no web presence??) that sell non-nissan stuff. I put together a list of them (not complete, of course) and Howie put it on the FAQ.

As to cost, the nissan parts are discounted from 'list', which is what you would pay at the dealer. Then, of course, you have to factor in shipping costs vs specials, etc...it varies. For example, I paid less for the rear window deflector but I was going to order the Cargo Organizer ($84) but the shipping would have been outrageous (I forget exactly, but it was $50 or so) so obviously, I didn't get that on the web.

HTH,
    Tom
  • kmrqkmrq Member Posts: 50
    smokey75, PF's headlight bulb is HB2, 9003, or H4.
    Also, JMTREETOP, I had PIAA super plasma H4 and H3 for my fog lights for over a year. The headlights looks great when seeing from far away, but from close not really that good. As for the fog light, the plasma bulb is superb, with the lense gives off rainbow effect. If PF's fog lights were reflector housing like the headlight, the bulb would work better. Now I'm using Catz Zeta HID kit for my headlight and Catz galaxy whites for my fog, and they look great.
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Member Posts: 621
    After reading some of the comments about the Pathfinder suspension (LE vs SE), I'd like to offer some comments about the suspension:

All new Pathfinder models have the same suspension configuration. Earlier SE models (96-98), however, had an optional adjustable suspension, which affected the damping force of the front struts. As for spring rates, however, nothing is different.

On the other hand, the tire pressure (mentioned earlier) and the type/brand of tire both have a significant impact on ride quality.

The height difference mentioned earlier (2WD vs 4WD) is due to the extra weight of the 4WD components.

As for drum brakes, they work well for general use. However, for off-road use (especially in deep mud) they can collect debris, which can cause the drums and shoes to wear out prematurely, possibly even making the drum un-resurfaceable (i.e. need to replace it).

If you don't encounter deep mud frequently (or at all) the braking power of the rear drums is quite adequate. But disk brakes would still be nice...
  • path01path01 Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone ever used Courtesy Nissan (http://www.courtesynissan.com/ 800.527.1909) for ordering parts? I have used them many times to order stuff for my Maxima's and have been very pleased with their pricing/speed/courtesy. Give 'em a try.

I have a Genie garage opener and was able to program the Homelink on my new Pathfinder without any problems.

Ron
  • oakley5oakley5 Member Posts: 8
    wcroland: The broken accessorie I got is suppose to be for a rear window deflector, not a bug deflector.

I had to call nissanpartsusa in Darmouth, MA (long distance for me. I'm in CA), since they didn't reply to my email. I was told that they would have to file a claim with UPS and if and when UPS pays I would get the parts shipped to me again. I just hope they don't come back asking me to ship the broken part somewhere at my expense. The guy at nissanpartsusa (by the way there's only one person working the internet sales. If he's not in, you're out of luck) claims that all the parts, including the intructions were shipped and that someone must of taped the box after it fell apart. I guess my only option right now is to wait and try to settle this before I go to the credit card company and ask them to charge this back to them.
    All this hassel just for trying to save ten bucks...
  • cmingcming Member Posts: 7
    Hi, first I want to say this is a valuable and informational web site for all the Nissan Pathfinder owners and canna-be owners.

Last weekend, I find the Pathfinder that I like, which is EL 4X4 fully loaded I/I NV and TV, the salesman quoted me: $32316.00, also he showed me the invoice list. BOW, they still have 3.9% financing. The only thing I am not familiar is $400.00 advertisement fee.

Is this a good deal? Is Ad. fee mandatory? What about the $500 dealer hold back? I live in Washington, DC area. Is there any people here recently bought one in DC area? Any suggestion for the local dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Charles

P.S.

Base 28,910
    tow 305
    body molding 73
    microfilter 38
    leather 1,734
    LSD 216
    dest 540
    ad. fee: 4000
    TOTAL: 32316.00
  • pat01pat01 Member Posts: 23
    Edmunds says that True Market Value on the vehicle you are looking at (PF LE AWD) is $31653. That assumes that you do not have the popular options including floor mats and sunroof wind deflector that, it seems, the rest of us have. The dealer is quoting you a price that is $500 over invoice (including option invoice price).

The advertising fee is a nice way of saying "additional dealer profit." That is in addition to the 3% your dealer gets as a holdback from the manufacturer. So, the dealer would get roughly a $969 holdback plus your $500 customer rebate plus your $500 amount over invoice price. They may also be getting a $400 manufacturer rebate. Was their service truly worth $2369? Try shopping the competition (phone, fax, or email work just fine).

There are apparently 2 rebates available (perhaps expiring) - the 500 customer rebate and the 400 manufacturer-to-dealer rebate (see a few posts above). Don't feel overwhelming pressure to buy today - the rebate offer is likely to sweeten or be renewed given the current status of the economy. Of course, nobody knows for sure.

I bought the same vehicle you are looking at 1 month ago (including all options other than Nav and Ent) for $31050 plus tax and licensing (including 500 rebate and 3.9% financing).
    For those of you that have purchased this aftermarket accessory (the Rear Window Deflector), how easy or difficult is it to install yourself?
  • dmahdmah Member Posts: 6
    I just picked up a K&N filter on the weekend.

As far as I can remember, I heard that you need to reset the ECM by disconnecting the battery for a short time, or can I just drive with it, and not worry about it.

Thanks, Donny
  • loboyloboy Member Posts: 75
    oakley5 - I sympathized with you. I went through the same ordeal. I'm assuming you received only the acrylic deflector and nothing else. The next thing you will want is the mounting hardware, which includes 2 hinges (called stanchions), 2 rubber shims and some screws and nuts/bolts. The installation wasn't too hard, but if you want the instruction sheet, let me know and I'll see about getting it to you. I never had to call since they did answer my e-mail (after a couple of times). Good luck.

smokey75-Looks like you got a great deal. Congrats!

Drum brakes issue-I don't have any complaints. No noise and stopping distance is supperb for a 2-ton vehicle! I did felt the brakes were a little "squishy" when new but it seems to be better.

Home Link-I have 2 old garage door openers, a Genie and something else. The Genie worked just like it should but the other one seems to have a mind of its own (I think it is the opener and not the Home Link system since the remote only works occasionally). I'm planning on replacing it later this spring and will report back the results.

Spring is upon us. Time to test out the PF as it is meant to be used. Anyone know of some good (beginner) trails around the Puget Sound region?

Thanks and happy Pathfinding everyone.
  • linleylinley Member Posts: 12
    I am totally loving my burnt cherry SE ...I could not pass up the titanium bumpers, side steps and the mean grill of the SE. so I passed on the increased options of the LE even though by adding leather and sunroof my SE invoiced at the same price as the LE. If I would decide to -could I add some of the other things to my SE? (memory seats, auto climate...I know I could add wood grain if I could justify the expense and be brave enough to do it.
    Also if anyone in Texas is in the market I had a great no hassle experience at my dealership. My loaded SE 4x2 was 27,900. They also gave me 2000. more for my van than any other place. My sister also bought a pathfinder. She also paid 27,900. for her Sierra Silver LE with leather, mouldings, rear window deflector, mats etc... They are trying to clear the lot of Pathfinders and only keep one. In our area the Xterra is selling better.
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    Hey, thanks to everyone for answering my questions. SIGNALK, I'm in Louisville, KY & bought my PF through Collins Nissan. To anyone in this area, I strongly recommend them. I believe the rebates are in addition to the 3.9% financing, but these were all scheduled to expire April 2. However, as people have mentioned, it's a buyer's market right now & these will probably be extended in their original form if not better.
    1) Hey can someone give me the number & e-mail for Nissan Customer Service? Just have some technical questions.
    2) Does anyone know where I can find colored dome light bulbs? I'm trying to change mine out to red. I found them at Pep Boys but not the right bulbs.
    3) I'm also looking for the 50 watt bright back-up bulbs for my 2001 PF. According to the manual it's bulb 921, but I haven't been able to find this. Thanks...
  • jmtreetopjmtreetop Member Posts: 130
    Nissan's customer service number is 1-800-NISSAN1. I'm not sure of the email.
  • lspanglerlspangler Member Posts: 102
    I bought my PF in December and I find I am using more miles than my lease allows for. Is it possible to go in now and bump my lease from 15,000 a year up to 18,000 a year? I have some vacation trips planned and those will really put me over.

My gas mileage seems to finally be getting better now that I have almost 5,000 miles on it.
  • karlamnkarlamn Member Posts: 10
    Last Thurs I flew to Thunder Bay and bought my new 2001 SE (in beige with leather and sunroof - I, too, could not resist the look of the SE, despite the similar price once loaded!). I wanted to say what a GREAT experience I had with that dealership and salesman Norm in particular. Although their price was a few hundred dollars above Toronto's quote, the proximity made it worth it. The customer service was great, too - they were going to DRIVE to the border with me (about an hour each direction) so that I could avoid paying Canadian taxes, and apparently customs people have seen them do this before, as they were surprised that my dealer had not come with me! They picked me up at the airport and had flowers for me when I left - maybe not a big deal to some, but for someone who usually hates dealing with car salesmen and the whole proces, I felt GREAT about this purchase! I saved about $4,300 off of US invoice cost after paying the 2.5% tariff. It was a bit of a pain to get my bank to finance it, but it all worked out with just a little additional effort. The all wheel drive and power antennae are a nice plus for my effort, too. I will say that I had a moment of "LE regret" when I realized that some discomfort on my 7 hour drive might have been avoided with the power lumbar support option - DOH!

Thanks to jlofquist (Jon!) for all his help - both the dealership manager and the guy at US Customs wanted my "Canada Purchase" information, which I promised I would e-mail them! If you have the time and FF miles to get to Canada, I would say it is well worth the trip. If anyone has questions about the process (although the documentation covers it pretty thoroughly!), I would be happy to help out.

The newest satisfied PF owner,

Karla
  • mtt999mtt999 Member Posts: 15
    Will I have harness or etc... problem if I use overwatt headlight bulbs. I replaced the factory bulbs to Xenon super white bulbs on my 01 PF. I believe the Xenon bulbs rated 80/100w if I am not mistaken. TIA.
  • pathstarpathstar Member Posts: 201
    Beware, the cabin air filter (B7200-0W010) install instructions are not up-to-date for the 2001 model. Below is what I found:

1. You must remove the glove box/lower dash panel to install the air filter in the heater duct.

2. I found it best to remove the glove box first by "poping" out the two hinge pieces (use a large flat blade screwdriver and press to the inside (towards the other hinge) with the screwdriver up as close to the pin as possible (the pins are the black "L" shaped devices you can see on the bottom of the glove box door). Once the pins are out you can remove the box and it's contents (without emptying it - which is why I did it this way) by just working it out at an angle (the opening stops on each side can be flexed so you can release the box from the dash).

3. There are several screws that must be removed to take off the lower dash panel - one on the bottom left corner, one on the bottom right corner, two on the top in the glove box opening, and the two on the latch loop (the latch loop also comes out). There is another screw not mentioned in the instructions - it's under the top right edge of the trim piece with the "Pathfinder" logo on it. To remove this trim piece you "remove the screws holding it in the glove box opening" (from the elecronic service manual - I think those screws have just been removed above, but I'm not sure), and then rotate up on the bottom of it (there are a number of metal clips along the rear center of it that hold it to the dash and you must "pop" these loose). You can then get at the screw at the top right corner. They also want you to pull the door seal from the door opening on the right where the panel goes behind it - this is not really necessary, but you will have an interesting time getting it back under the molding without doing this. Be sure to disconnect the glove box lamp before yanking the lower dash panel away - just lower the left top a bit and you'll see the lamp there - turn the lamp body 90 deg. and it will release from the socket.

4. You will have to cut out the slot in the heater air box as shown in the instructions. Cut on the inside edge of the rib, and watch out, some of the plastic will break off and want to fall inside. The instructions imply this will be a "bad thing" (I now have a few bits in there).

5. There are two identical filters. Install the first filter in the bottom and slide it to the top, then install the second filter under it. Be sure the tab on the filter (outside face) is on the bottom. Install the supplied clip on the bottom filter, and "reasemmble everything you took apart in the reverse order".

This is mainly a warning about the above hidden screw, which -I- succeeded in breaking off (I think it was part of the upper dash, but it's now an inoperable part of the lower dash :-(.
    Thanks Pat01,

The car do have floor mat and wind deflector, it also have paint(pin?) strip with it. Looks like the guy is trying to over charge me $900 dollars (Ad. fee + customer rebate). I better shop around.

Charles
  • joe233joe233 Member Posts: 43
    Does anyone know of any Nissan off road groups with organized off-road training similar to CampJeep101? I found this link for a Canadian club. http://www.off-road.com/nissan/trail_reports01.html

Is there anything like this in the US?
  • smithmdsmithmd Member Posts: 167
    http://www.nissanfrontier.net/

Explore this site. I think I remember someone on this site having a Nissan off-road club, but I'm not positive. This site is a Nissan Frontier site that is fairly active. It has a link to a Pathfinder site that is relatively inactive.

Good luck and let us know if you hear of anything!

• pondfull5pondfull5 Member Posts: 53
    For fit and finish, which name brand is best for the 2001 Pathfinder?. And where to order it fast.

And thank you all in advance for your heart warming help.

full5
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    Jambazi, this is a question you may want to consider adding to your FAQ. I notice the recommended cold tire pressure per the placard in the glove box of my 2001 PF SE 4X4 is 26 PSI. This seems awfully low to me. I remember Ford recommending 26 on their Explorer and know that Firestone believes this was at least partly to blame for some of the tire failures. I'd like to hear others' opinions on this. I would think Nissan would know what they're talking about, but then Ford should have as well. By the way, the pressure in my tires upon delivery was 40 PSI! Perhaps not surprisingly, the truck rode a little stiff until I checked the pressure and lowered it to 30. Should I take it down to 26 as recommended by Nissan?
    Not to outguess the manufacturer, to find the "correct" tire pressure, take some chalk, put a thick line across the tire, and drive it a few hundred feet. If it's wearing off evenly across the tire, you've got the correct pressure. If it's wearing more in the center, your pressure is too high. If it's wearing more on the sides, your pressure is too low. I've never actually had the patience to to this, but I've read it in several magazines and books over the years.
    Smokey75,
    I've changed all my bulbs in 99.5 PF. Mainly to hyper blue and hyper white. As for the dome lights, I have a hyper white. I don't know if they make a red dome light. And for the back-up light, I've changed mine to hyper white, which is brighter than the stock bulb. I don't think they make 50watts bulb for the size 921. I even changed the license plate bulbs, personal light bulbs, back-turning signal bulbs, and front-turning bulbs(I cleared the front-corner lights myself, and now my PF looks very clean). All the bulbs I used were from Polarg and all the color was hyper white except for the personal lights which is hyper blue.
    if you use an over watt bulbs it would burn out your wires on the headlight. I wouldn't recommend that you install the xenon super white bulbs. Does your super white bulbs gives two wattages?
    Usually on the box of the xenon super white bulbs, it shows H4 55/60 watts and it claims to increase the wattage by 50% and shows 100/120 or 110/120 watts. But I think there's only two kinds of H4 bulbs- 55/60 or 80/80. So make sure you do not use 80/80 on the PF.
    cming: I recall reading somewhere (Edmunds or Fool.com) that pinstriping added by dealers was a common way to pad the vehicle price. "The most expensive piece of tape you will ever buy."
  • jambazijambazi Member Posts: 51
    That's definitely a good FAQ question. I want to know the answer myself!

Maybe someone can do the chalk test and post their results here. We'll see if we can come to a consensus on tire pressures for the Pathys.

For now, I'm keeping mine at 26 (actually 27-28), because I haven't had any problems with that, and it's what the manufacturer recommends. Thank goodness that PF's don't seem to be rolling over, etc. You know we would have heard about it in the wake of the Explorer/Firestone fiasco if it did happen.

--Howie
  • wcrolandwcroland Member Posts: 26
    I got my hood deflector for my 2001 LE at www.weathertech.com. I like it a lot, didn't buy a rear deflector. Hood is 58.
  • oakley5oakley5 Member Posts: 8
    Pathstar: Do you have to go thru the same process every time you replace the in-cabin filter every 6 months?
    I'm currently suffering from allergies, would this filter help?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    I know most people know this but for those who don't... Keep in mind the recommended 26 psi for PF tires is a "cold" pressure. When your PF is driven more than a couple of miles your tires heat up & the pressure increases. Therefore if you check it then, you will be getting a false high pressure & could bring the pressure down to a dangerously low psi. Only check your tires' pressure after your PF has been sitting for a few hours.
  • pbk77pbk77 Member Posts: 23
    Can someone tell me when the Low Fuel Indicator lights up? My current fuel level is a little above "E"...does the warning appear when the needle hits empty? Any help would be greatful.
  • butterflymombutterflymom Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Any advice on how I can recoup my "stolen" rebate,
    just bought my nissan PF LE on 4/2 and the manufac
    was offering a $500 cash rebate to buyers My
    salesman did not confirm my rebate when I asked, and I did not sign anything that said "nothing owed" I am going tomorrow to get my truck detailed, can I still claim the rebate even thoughI've signed the purchase agreement? How does one get a rebate? Can I only get it if it is subtracted from my total cost? Any help would be appreciated

Thank You, Andrea
  • jmtreetopjmtreetop Member Posts: 130
    The fuel light comes on when the needle is right on or really close to E. You will still have approx. 4 gallons left.
  • starcheckerstarchecker Member Posts: 28
    We finally got our new pathfinder. The most expensive and quickest car purchase ever. I saw the financing and cashback add for the first time on Mar 22nd and on the 30th we walked off with a $31000 Pathfinder LE. Everyone here helped make the decision so easy. We love Nissan products, but the love you all have for the Pathfinder made the price easier to swallow. After a weekend of driving all I can say is I can't imagine a better vehicle. Driving up hill in the mountains of Colorado at High Elevations was effortless. The fit and finish and ride are unbeleivable. Worth every cent. I have only one deep regret. I DIDN'T GET THE NAV SYSTEM!!.

Anyone considering the LE with leather should get the nav system if you are planning on using the PF for anything other than a commute to work. Over the weekend there were so many times we could have used it. For basically $30/month getting the Nav system is a no brainer. I'm definitely a little bitter that the sales guy told me the Nav system was not GPS based!! How pathetic. That is no fault of the pathfinder, to me it is almost the perfect car. A Little more headroom in the sunroof models would be nice and bigger back seats, but otherwise I would say it's the closest car to perfection I have driven, which is why I am so pissed I didn't get the nav system, as this is a car we are going to keep a LONG TIME.
    Anyone with advice on aftermarket Nav systems please feel free to share. I have looked at the new Street Pilot III garmin system on the internet. It now has upcoming turns and voice prompts too. If anyone has experience with that model I would appreciate what your opinion is compared to the indash nissan system. The Alpine Indash would cost about $4000!!! Suddenly the $1700 for Nissans seems like a steal.

Anyway I suppose we are too spoiled in america when someone like me can have any gripe, when I am driving a beautiful Nissan PF LE with leather, just not a NAV. Please take my advice. If you can spend $610/month on an LE another $30/month for the convenience and peace of mind is worth it. Just think no more wondering how far that next exit is, or thinking you might have missed it! And since SUV's are for exploring no more taking a hundred turns through the mountains and now having no clue how to get back!

Once again one fantastic vehicle!
  • karlamnkarlamn Member Posts: 10
    Not one week into my new SE and I already lost a key! Apparently the key chain that came from the dealer had a weak link, and although I found the remote entry, I didn't find the key. Can anyone tell me what it costs to order extra keys? I figure that with my luck, I may need a COUPLE extra ones!

Thanks!

Karla
  • smithmdsmithmd Member Posts: 167
    A couple of months ago, I replaced a lost key (dropped the key and fob in the parking lot at work during a 10" snow storm...by the time I realized it, the plows had run 2 or 3 times in the parking lot). The key was about $40 and the dealer wanted another $30 to program the truck to accept the new key. I got them to do it for $12 for a total of $52. I didn't bother getting a new remote for $85 or whatever they wanted. Keep in mind that when you buy a new key, you have to give the dealer all of the keys to the truck when they reprogram it, otherwise the keys you don't give them won't work anymore (same with the key fobs). I know this because 2 days ago, one of my co-workers found my lost key and fob. They had been hidden under one of the 12-foot piles of snow. They were a little muddy and the rubber buttons on the fob looked like they had been in a deep freeze (I live in Wisconsin). The fob still works (I opened it up anyway and the insides are pristine), but the old key doesn't work. Sure, the key will unlock the doors and turn the starter, but the truck doesn't recognize the key. I'll take all 3 keys back to the dealer and let them reprogram the truck to accept all three.
    Unfortunatly, yes, you have to go through the complete lower dash removal every time you change the filter elements (great design, Nissan!). It's not that hard once you've done it. As for your allergies, if you are allergic to dust and pollen, the filter should help. It's supposed to stop that. I have the same problem, and I'm also hoping the filter will keep the interiour a bit more dust free.
  • mazadimazadi Member Posts: 26
    This is a great board. Lots of very knowledgeable owners. And now, I can say I am one of you. I picked up a new LE with Leather about 2 weeks ago. My dealer was definitely having a fire sale. I picked it up for $30,700. This seems like a very good deal. So far I love the car, although I am a little dissapointed in the back seat. I kept reading the reviews that said the back seat was too small, and it really is pretty small. We have a hard time getting our baby seat in and out. Other than that this is a fantastic piece of machinery.
    Yeah, the PF's rear legroom is about the worst in its class, but...remember - it does help make the cargo area (85 sq ft) as big as it is! If only the rear seats could move fore/aft...then, at least, we could get the legroom when we didn't need the cargo space. Of course, it would raise the $ a bit...

This is one of the items on my short 'unhappy' list, along with:

- no fog light indicator
    - 'challenging' gas mileage
    - rear seat belt holders (do these EVER work?)
    - tonneau/rear seat gap (don't want to have to recline the seats)

Of course, the happy list is WAY too long to list here! All in all, after 2 months, I'm very sure my choice of the PF was a good one.

Tom
  • pondfull5pondfull5 Member Posts: 53
    Just this past wed. I took the midnight bus to Ottawa,Canada to pick up my new 2001 SE 5spd Black on Black.
    The sales Manager and the people at the dealer were great. To spend so much money on the spot and have some one treat you like a king while doing, it is a feel good inside and outside of you.
    The price was great (in and around as per Jon's).
    The driving was great. It started heavy wind, then snow, then rain. So I used the 4W in most part of the trip which was about five hundred miles to my house.
    The US Customs was a breeze But I was forced to pay 4% ON the first $1000.00 SD. And 2.5% on the rest.
    The NYC DMV was another story. The first location demanded the MCO the one used in the States to register your car. But the Canadian cars uses NVIS instead. So I went to another location and the Supv. looked it up in Ref. book called ( P O L K ), Aug 2000 editon Vol III and there it was in black and white.
    So before you go to NYC DMV, make sure you have:
    1- THE NVIS.AND THE TEMP PERMIT.
    2- THE BILL OF SALE.
    3- THE US CUSTOMS BILL.
    4- YOUR TAX OF 8.25% IS PROPERLY CALCULATED IN USD. ( the first location had wanted to tax me in Canadian Dollas.).
    I am happy and content with my 2nd Nissan. the first was back in -84.

My thanks to all of you. For it has been great silently reading about your unfiltered opinion on this Pathfinder. But of cause to Jon Lofquist without him even knowing that he was forming and shaping my decisions all along as to which to get, LE or SE . And finally the SE won.

full5.