Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• tiktighstiktighs Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the board, I want to say hello first of all. I'm shopping for a used Pathfinder, years '96 through '98, I need a little help, like any quirks with the particular model years, if anyone can recommend a good halfway dealer in the New York City area, that would help a lot also, are there any other models that I should consider b4 I get the Pathfinder? Most people on this board from what I have read so far seem pretty happy with their Pathfinders, that's a great start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • tpbuddetpbudde Member Posts: 3
    good tip on lexol for seat care. question -- I have not heard of the product. where can I get it? thanks.
  • meca2meca2 Member Posts: 284
    Should find it at most larger department store that has automotive oil,filters,
    waxes,ect. Lexol makes several products for leather. Steve
  • kmrqkmrq Member Posts: 50
    Has anyone installed cd changers in their PF(model yr 99.5 or 2000). Can you just get the cd changer kit and install different cd changer rather than buying the OEM cd changer?
  • kgardinkgardin Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering buying a Pathfinder but I'm really concerned about the gas mileage. What's the real story on gas mileage. What are your getting?

-Kelly
  • bob_pathbob_path Member Posts: 14
    Kelly, I have a LE pathfinder with 2500 miles. So far I've been getting anywhere from 16.25 to 16.96 miles per gallon doing city driving. The tire pressure has been at 35psi. I'm told gas mileage will increase as more miles are driven.
  • ballfire8888ballfire8888 Member Posts: 131
    Mileage, or the lack of it, is the SINGLE most regretable issue with my recent 01 PF SE purchase.

Of course there is NO comparison but I traded in a 1997 Acura 1.6EL (similar to Honda Civic). My gas costs are probably 2.5 to 3 times higher now with the PF.

Having said all that, I do enjoy every mile I put on the PF.
    kelly: Should exspec about 16-17 around town and about 20-21 on the highway if the tires are inflated to about 32-36. I haven't noticed an increase in fuel mileage sense new. 19.2 mpg @300 miles and 19.9 @ 6200 miles.Steve
  • hattrick16hattrick16 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,
    I'm planning on purchasing a PF in Ottawa too. Your info is very helpful. I was wondering which dealer you went to and how your service was? I am in MA and our RMV requires a statement of origin, they say the new vehicle info statement is not acceptable. Which document did you get? Can you recommend a sales person? What bank did you use?
    Do you know how much the invoice is on the Canadian PF? Which Model did you buy? Was it worth the savings? Lastly, how long did the transaction take? Sorry so many questions, but I really want to get all the details taken care of before I go.
    Thanks,
    Hattrick16
  • jecklesjeckles Member Posts: 87
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but this issue seems to come up a lot and I think its kinda funny. Especially when people try to compare the MPG of an SUV to the MPG of a car.

I will admit the PF feels a lot like a car. So nice in fact, that you can often forget it is a truck. Until you stop to fill up the gas tank... Then I am reminded I am driving a truck.

The PF fuel economy is as good as all the other SUVs in the mid size class (Explorer, Grand Cherokee, 4Runner, etc.). If you want better gas mileage you have to depart from this class and buy something lighter or less "utility," Like a CUV (car based SUV) like the Escape/Tribute, RX300, or such. You'll sacrifice off-road capability and towing capacity, but gas mileage will be better. If I wasn't towing a camper or going off-road periodically, I would have bought something lighter myself...

Bottom Line: There is nothing unusual about the fuel economy of the Pathfinder. They compare favorably to all other SUV in this class. They do not compare favorably to economy cars.
    Has anyone installed cd changers in their 2000 pathy??? I'm looking for other than OEM cd changers.
  • millhouser1millhouser1 Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone found their radio to be rather fuzzy on the Bose stereo? 99.5 PF. The CD player is great and I am surprised at the radio with the name, two antenaes (windshield and Power on side). any responses would be appreciated. And I am in Vancouver so there is no excuse about being nearly out of a metropolis area.
  • millhouser1millhouser1 Member Posts: 13
    As far as I know you have to install Nissan supplied CD Changer but I am only 60% possitive
  • captainroncaptainron Member Posts: 58
    Hi All,

On a couple of topics that have been kicked around...

I agree with the previous poster that the Pathfinder has fuel mileage commensurate with the type of vehicle that it is... I'd like to add that the single most influential factor to the mileage you get on one particular tank is the way you drive. When tooling around the canyons of Malibu looking at houses (read: lots of stops, turn arounds, idling in front of multi-million dollar houses wondering what the heck I'M doing here?) I got the worst mileage thus far: 14.88 for that tank. When I think I'm doing about my average driving, commuting, etc...I get between 16-18mpg. Some of my best mileage figures came in the first few days of owning the Pathfinder...I drove it from NH to CA. I was seeing 19.5 to 21! I could almost predict the figures at the pump just by how lead-footed I got on the freeway over the last 5 hours. So, for the most part, the numbers are mostly influenced by your right foot and real-world numbers only get accurate once you average many tanks. Even then it's more of a "about 16-18, depending on driving." I don't think a "mileage increased from 15.4 to 15.9 when I switched to brand X" claims can be backed up.

For what it's worth, my friend has a Durango (and loves it) and the BEST tank he's had was 15mpg. His mileage since he purchased it 13,000 miles ago...averaging ALL tanks is under 12mpg. Ug. I'm thrilled with what I'm getting! I don't even tell him the mileage I'm getting anymore...I feel bad.

Synthetics...I switched to Mobil 1 at 1,200 miles (as soon as I hit Florida) when I did the first oil and filter change. I'm now at 8,500 miles and about to perform the 4th change with synthetic. I feel it's difficult, if not impossible to determine an mpg change when switching due to all the variables...hills, lead-foot, traffic, towing, temperature, off-roading, weight, headwinds, etc... You could just as easily attribute a perceived mileage change to sheer chance of conditions.

I do feel strongly about using Mobil 1 as every vehicle I've had in the last 5 years was switched as soon as I got it. Motorcycles, SUVs, sports cars, turbos, non-turbos...The guy I bought my Prelude from (a 60 year old retired pilot), said that he put Mobil synthetic in his own plane and it instantly shows a 20 degree drop in head temperature.

Oh, re-Zaino'd the Pathfinder on Saturday...Yow!

Keep up the great comments!

Captain Ron
    2001 LE, Burnt Cherry, Leather, NAV, LSD, Tow...
    In addition to the above, I thought I'd add: I've seen NO oil consumption. I mean like, zero...zilch...nada...on any oil change, synthetic or not or at any mileage point (from 6 miles to 8,500 miles). The dipstick (no, not me) has always been spot-on the full mark.

Captain Ron. . .
    Captain Ron: I hope your friend finds the the Mobil-1 web-sight on Aviation Mobil-1 it ruined alot of engine back in the early '90's. Also awhile back someone had very high oil consumption with his PF using Mobil-1. If you take a good look at Edmonds Synthetic Oil section you will find some engine are failing about 50k and sludging
    up like your friends aircraft engine. Steve
  • pondfull5pondfull5 Member Posts: 53
    The name of the dealer is Graham Nissan (613)5981515.His name is Steve Macgregor and he is also the GSM. Just mention my name(from NYC). Steve is a nice gentle man. And also very busy. Their serve is good.

I used bank of Montreal via Harries bank of USA.(212)7152600. They are the best.

Mine is Black SE 5speed. Options: wheel locks and sunroof deflector. You don't need these options but I recommend them as a start. About CAN$35700.00 with the options.(CAN$45+$120) That's the cost of the options.
    As soon as you mention my name, Steve will give you a good price. Just tell him I sent you.
    Yes it worth the trip and about $3000 to $4000 in savings alone. but you have put up with those guys and gals at DMV.

You must first read Jon lofquist detailed instruction about buying in Canada.

This is an adventure of a life time, so take your time and do your homework first before you contact the dealer.
    full5.
  • baddestbob1baddestbob1 Member Posts: 96
    Got a call this AM from Customs Inspector in Detroit regarding my protest of duty charged. When I came through I was charged for the full amount on the sales contract including all taxes. Info I had from Jon and other members of board was you pay duty only on vehicle plus destination (freight). Guess what, the inspector says we're right, you are wrong. This amounted to about an extra $100 US Duty. Scene at MVB in Kansas was involved. They value car based on bill of sale on car and freight. Note, they insisted on proof from US Bank of rate of exchange on date of sales contract (not when I paid, when I drove through Customs etc). My advice: Go see your MVB and get exact details of what they require; contact a supervisor at Customs at POE and determine how they will value, suggest you get in writing if possible, at least get particulars of name and title for reference if needed; contact accu-rate.ca for "gold account" rate you will probably save $150-200 over bank rate, they can deliver draft direct to dealer if you want. My entire sign and go transaction took less than 5 minutes.
    Purchased SE, auto, cloth, no options except free wheel locks for $36,428 plus $972 freight plus the assortment of taxes and driving permit. Hope this is some help.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    My 1993 SE has run to 125,000 miles on Mobil 1. Still doesn't consume oil. Guess all the sludge gummed up the rings and gaskets so no oil can burn or leak...
    Div2,

I have about the same results as you...
    19,000 miles on my 1992 Yamaha FJ1200
    165,000 miles on a 1988 Honda CRX Si
    9,000 miles on my 2001 Pathfinder LE
    52,000 miles on my 1992 Honda Prelude
    139,000 miles on a 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT-VR4 (twin turbo)

All using Mobil1 with no oil consumption except the 3000GT. The turbo bearings were blowing oil from about 100,000 miles on.

Also...two years ago, my friend bought a new 1999 Porsche Carrera 4 ($94,000 by the way...) and it comes straight from the factory with Mobil1. That upped my comfort level. I presume they switched with the new water-cooled engine in 1999.

I'm certain that there are cases where someone had terrible luck with one product or another. Unfortunately, those are the ones we're most likely to hear about. I've been happy with the synthetics and will likely stick with them even if I get a "but Joe Schmuckatelli had a rod go at 30k when using...." type of response...

Captain Ron. . .
    Exactly! I'm sure Mercedes and Porsche are going to use and recommend substandard lubricants. What a crock... FWIW I've used Mobil 1 in my BMW track toys (one just hit 300,000 miles with no mechanical issues other than a seeping head gasket). The problems with the Mobil 1 in aviation engines are entirely unrelated to automotive applications. A complete lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing ;)
  • nwwoodsnwwoods Member Posts: 21
    Anyone living in the U.S. considering a purchase in Canada should obtain and thoroughly review the instruction sheets that Jon Lofquist has assembled. They cover it all. Jon, you're still out there, right?

I got my 01 SE in March, saved $5000 over the best deal here in Seattle, including duty, and only got charged duty on the base amount. The whole process was easier than purchasing in the U.S., it just took more time. And as others pointed out, it was a great adventure!
    Is it possible to install a indash TV on 2000 Pathy???? Or you can't never replace BOSE system for aftermarket system..
  • ballfire8888ballfire8888 Member Posts: 131
    Purchased my 2001 PF SE AWD for $37,000.00 (MSRP = $40,200.00) which included wheel locks, sunroof deflector & bug deflector. Freight ($972) and taxes extra. All prices in Canadian dollars.

If one applies an exchange rate of 1.55,
    $37,000 Cdn = $23,870 U.S. !!!
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Planning to do the oil change on the PF this weekend and converting to Mobil 1.

What oil filter do you recommend and use?
    Where is the best place to purchase oil filter -- AutoZone, PepBoys?
    Also, is it hard to change the oil?

This will be the first time that I will change the oil on any vehicle (my lawn mower does not count). Details would be most welcome. Thanks.
    well, not exactly...I remember seeing a PF with an iBook installed. And I think there was a monitor screen added 'coz the Pf was able to play DVDs? If I remember the site, I'll post it.
    This is the link that I found...it was kinda slow and it did not load successfully for me...see if you have a better chance

http://24.7.157.64/Home.html

• wags6wags6 Member Posts: 4
    Hi folks...I'm a long time reader, first time contributor.
    I just traded my 1990 Nissan Maxima SE 5 spd. with 175k miles for a PF. I spent 18 mos. looking at everything under the sun...nothing compred to Nissan's design and quality in this price range. I like to shift my own gears, so that criteria alone eliminated most contenders.
    It seems America has become an "Automatic" nation. I looked at the new Explorer for the helluvit...can't believe anyone would drop 35k on one of those...the plastic on my kid's Big Wheels is better quality stuff!! Anyways, my Maxima NEVER had a problem in its 11 years of service...only changed the oil and tires - what an incredible car. Almost went for a new SE
    5 spd., but wanted the 4WD and hatchback. So the PF became the obvious choice.
    I could not be happier with my decision. This truck is an absolute blast to drive, and it looks better and brawnier every day. I have a Green SE with grey cloth, also LSD, Sunroof Pkg. Micro, BSM, Class lll Hitch, ...basically it's loaded. I wish Nissan had offered leather on the 5 spds., also wish for backlit steering wheel controls, more console storage, remote hatch window release. My wife has a 2000 Maxima GLE - I'm also envious of her heated seats. Despite this wish list, the PF is the best blend of power, luxury, and good looks I've ever owned.
    I tip my hat to Nissan, as I really do believe they make a wonderful and superior product.
    I've had my PF two weeks, and alreday racked up 1,900 miles....loved every one of them.
    Thanks to allof you who have posted your satisfaction over the last year...you helped steer me toward one of the best purchases anyonecould make. First oil change and Zaino coming up this weekend. Happy motoring and thanks again.
    div2: Ask those idiots that own the planes and trusted their lives with Mobil-1!!
    Do aircraft engines have pistons,rings,valves,ect. Can you say pistons,rings,ect.??
    Sure you can???
  • the_gladiatorthe_gladiator Member Posts: 58
    NWwoods, Loboy, Stevinwashington and other NW buyers, please respond to questions. Are you able to negotiate purchase price from Vancouver or are you getting thier best price from the beginning. What is written into the sales agreement in the way of expenses. Is it only base + options + freight or is everything listed. At customs, is duty charged against the taxes too? What was your experience with WA DMV? Are there required docs for exchange rate proof? Who did you make the transaction with to convert your currency for the purchase and what was the rate? Anything else you can add to smooth my transaction. Sorry for all the questions. Just want to have a pleasant experience in acquiring my PF. My wife has 95 Altima. Been a great car except for the fuel pump that was replaced twice in 14 months. 2nd one Nissan installed was faulty too. Thanks.
  • lofquistlofquist Member Posts: 281
    >> Anyone living in the U.S. considering a purchase in Canada should obtain and thoroughly review the instruction sheets that Jon Lofquist has assembled. They cover it all. Jon, you're still out there, right?

I got my 01 SE in March, saved $5000 over the best deal here in Seattle, including duty, and only got charged duty on the base amount. The whole process was easier than purchasing in the U.S., it just took more time. And as others pointed out, it was a great adventure! <<

Yes, I'm still out here! Been away for a few days to a car show with my other car (Merkur XR4Ti). Anyone can feel free to email me for lots more info on the US to Canada buying experience. I'm always glad to help (and enjoy seeing people save lots of cash).

I see a couple things have come up in the last few days....

Bob, bummer on the duty on the tax. Customs is not at all consistant on this. At the Vancouver/Seattle crossing it seems they always charge it. At Niagara Falls/Buffalo, they don't. Where I went through (Sault Saint Marie, MI) they didn't even charge me duty on the freight! And they were unbelieveably pleasant too! Anyway, it should have cost you less than an extra $100.

gladiator - Set your price with the dealer on the phone, then get a faxed contract. No one has told me they have had a problem with the Vancouver or Toronto dealers this way. It will show all the charges. Since you would go to Vancouver, figure you will pay the duty on the tax - about $50 extra in your case. For exchange rates and companies, see the info sheet I sent. Accu-rate (as Bob mentioned) is now turning out to be the best.

-Jon
  • neil73neil73 Member Posts: 7
    A fellow PF owner mentioned that there were instructions posted on how to build an interior bike rack in this forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Neil
    Hey thanks for the link.. but it didnt load up.. could not find the site.. well I'm asked the audio dealership if I can install indash tv.. they said "yes". I'm getting a indash 5"LCD tv that hides into the dash and comes back out. It comes with am/fm/tv tuner plus 10-cd changer. All for $500. Also I'm able to install indash DVD because PF has double din, and indash tv only takes up single, so I have extra din for DVD.
    Anyone installed remote start on their PF?????
    I know I'll lose the immobilizer system, but do I go to the dealership to purchase extra chip to attach it to the keyhole to deactivate the immobilizer system..
  • nwwoodsnwwoods Member Posts: 21
    Those are great questions. Let me try to cover the ones not already covered by others.

The price the dealer in Vancouver (environs) offers is the price. It will be a discount from Canadian retail consistent with posts you have seen on pricing in Canada in here. Remember you are typically going to be working with the manager, not a salesman, so you need to know exactly what you want and be prepared to approve or not when he presents the deal. Know what you want and be prepared to act and it will go smoothly.

The sales agreement has everything listed out - base, options, freight, etc. When you get the quote it will literally be "write these numbers down, A, B, C, D. now add them. That's the price." You will recognize A as the base, B as options, C as freight, etc. There are very few options on Canadian models. Research http://www.nissan.ca to internalize the diffs between US and Canada options.

Jon covered the Duty question.

DMV is straightforward. Like any new or just-brought-in-the-state car, you have to go to the Inspection Station first, then to DMV. The NVIS may generate a question but a phone call or check with the manager should easily address it. They expect to see a C-of-O but NVIS is what you get in Canada, period.

Nothing required to prove the exchange rate. Both Customs and DMV just used CAN$1 = US$.65 and that was close enough for me. The difference was only a few bucks and not worth arguing with a bureaucrat who's just trying to get you processed.

I converted currency in Canada at a small shop recommended by the Nissan dealer. I shopped around a ton, and this shop had the best rate, and it was totally hassle free. You just get a bank draft in US$ for the right amount, stop in at their office, and they give you a bank draft in CAN$ for the correct amount in exchange. Simple.

Other notes:

Make an appointment to pick up the vehicle and be on time. Remember you're working with the manager, who is a busy and popular person.

Follow Jon's instruction sheet to the letter.

For me, it took about 8 weeks to get the GST refund.

Tacoma Speedometer is one of a few shops in Seattle area you can get the speedometer swapped.

The US Customs people said they're telling all their friends to buy their cars in Canada and that they don't understand why anyone buys in the States. With apologies to sales professionals in the US, that was quite an endorsement.

Enjoy!
  • woodyr1woodyr1 Member Posts: 142
    Hi:

I had spent some time trying to find a source for genuine Nissan parts and accessories in the US, which shipped to Canada. Some accessories, such as body side moldings are unavailable at Canadian dealers. I found that <http://www.nissanparts.cc> based in Washington state would ship to Canada. I have now received and installed my moldings. I have no interest in this company, but found that they would deliver the goods, and they lived up to their promise.

• oldsaltoldsalt Member Posts: 2
    Hello; I'm in the search process for a class-2 trailer hitch for my 2001 SE. I have seen a couple of types from U-Haul and a local trailer shop that sells Reese hitches. They are all about the same price. Has anyone had good experience w/ either of these vendors? Any other suggestions or hitches that fit particularly well? Are there any hitches that stick out the least amount of distance from the bumper?
    WOW, this guy did lot of work on his PF. Looks very nice and I'm jealous. But I'm not looking for a Pathintosh (maybe PATHIBM.. hahaha) I'm just getting the flip-in-out LCD with cd changer/indash DVD/vcd/mp3 and VCR. I'm not putting a computer into my pathfinder , although in the future I maybe consider getting PC into my PF. I'm currently majoring in computer science.. so maybe I'll need it.. But thanks for the great link.
    Crikey

>Planning to do the oil change on the PF this >weekend and converting to Mobil 1. What oil >filter do you recommend and use?

I use the factory Nissan filters. Sorry, I don't have the part number handy, but I'm sure it's in the FAQ somewhere. I bought the first batch of filters at a Nissan dealer in Lakeland, FL and they gave me a discount for buying three at a time. I'm about to do the 4th change and I'll see what my local dealer can do.

>Where is the best place to purchase oil filter -->AutoZone, PepBoys?

See above...For the most part, once you settle on a filter type...some like Fram, some like Purolator, some like...Call around if you're interested in the best pricing. Unless I'm buying a big ticket item...or a large quantity of small ticket items, I don't worry too much about saving 10% here or there...typically, my free time (on a sunny California Saturday) is worth more and will buy wherever it's convenient.

>Also, is it hard to change the oil?

It's very easy...and you can derive a great amount of satisfaction from knowing that it's done right...I ONCE took my old CRX to Jiffy Lube and they swapped the oil plug with a new one that wasn't threaded the same as the factory one. Two trips back and it just would have been easier to do myself.

>This will be the first time that I will change >the oil on any vehicle (my lawn mower does not >count). Details would be most welcome. Thanks.

Okay, here's the procedure.

* Run the engine for about 3 minutes to warm up the oil so it will drain better
    * Slide yourself under the front end with a socket wrench and undo the 10 or so small bolts holding the big plastic guard thingie on.
    * Remove the one last plastic fastener (center-front) and pull the big plastic guard off your truck. This should expose the "soft white underbelly" of your engine.
    * Slide an oil drain pan under the oil drain plug and remove the plug.
    * Remove the oil filler cap in the engine compartment to help the drain process...Let it drain until the flow is but a drip...
    * Remove the oil filter...you may need to use a wrench for the first time. I used one of those universal side-mounted strap types that goes in your socket wrench and had great luck breaking it free. You'll get oil spilling out of the filter, so get a pan under there.
    * Let all that drain...Maybe go get another beer.
    * Wipe off the spot on the frame where the oil runs down under the filter (pretty cool).
    * Carefully wipe the filter seating area with a clean rag as well as the oil drain plug and the plug area.
    * Apply a film of fresh oil to the o-ring on a new filter and screw it into place. Make it snug by hand...wrenching it on isn't needed and the next time you can take it off by hand.
    * re-install the drain plug
    * Re-fill the engine with fresh Mobil1 (I believe the spec was 5 1/4 quarts of the slippery stuff.
    * Replace the Oil filler cap
    * Replace the big plastic guard thingie under the front end the opposite way you removed it.
    * Sit back, relax and think pleasant thoughts.

That's about it! You're going to want to have a few rags handy to mop up drips here and there... Also, an oil change still leaves behind 5-15% of the old oil. Not a huge concern, but you won't be near 100% synthetic until a few more changes.

I hope this helps!

Captain Ron. . .
    If anyone has a more official website describing the Mobil1 problem with aviation applications, send it along. What I've been able to find so far is a lot of discussions on it, but nothing official. It seems that there was a problem with the original formula of not clearing the lead deposits from the engine and therefore gumming things up. It was also stated that it was on the Continental air-cooled flat 6 (basically an engine design that has been around since 1943) where this was a problem. This also runs on aviation fuels (where the lead comes from).

There is also a fair amount of support for the non-use of synthetics in aircooled engines for their lack of ability to dissipate heat like the dino oils.

Now, Mobil pulled their first aviation formula off the shelf, reformulated their blend and the problem no longer exists.

Given that I'm not concerned about falling out of the sky, I'm running a 2001 water-cooled motor and have had great success in the past, I'm comfortable with my choice of using Mobil1. In my digging, I also found that other makes and models besides Porsche come from the factory with Mobil1. Among them are Aston Martin, Callaway, Mercedes-Benz, Corvette and Viper.

Captain Ron. . .
  • hattrick16hattrick16 Member Posts: 16
    I inquired at the registry of motor vehicles in MA about registering a Canadian PF and they said I need a Statement of Origin. I have read on this board that in Canada all you get is the NVIS. Has anyone had this problem? If so how can I fix it? I am going to call Nissan Canada tomorrow to ask. RMV said there are NO exceptions to this rule. If this is true, I don't think I can buy a PF in Canada and register it in MA. Any help and advice is welcome. Thank you
    Life is to short to argue with the intellectually challenged. Therefore, this will be my last response to you. Present your incisive(hearsay-based) arguments to the powertrain engineers at Mercedes and Porsche. Your knpowledge of lubricants is so extensive that they'll probably hire you on the spot.
  • the_gladiatorthe_gladiator Member Posts: 58
    Thank you Jon and NWwoods. Jon has provided me alot of good feedback and info from his guidelines of buying up north. I was looking for additional experience with the local agencies in WA. NWwoods, that's what I was looking for. I did check out the Canadian Nissan website. Colors are more limited. No reds and Taupe is the bronzed gray. Sorry to see the last jibes earlier this evening. I for one, have greatly benefited from lofquist nwwoods and countless others by their sharing of insights and experiences.
  • loboyloboy Member Posts: 75
    Gladiator, I'll be more than happy to share my Canada purchase experience. You can e-mail me at donlo99@hotmail.com and I'll spare the rest of you the details.

BTW, I wish we can all just stick to the subject matter, ie Pathfinder, and not have to resort to name calling.
    Thanks
  • wcrolandwcroland Member Posts: 26
    I haven't seen the Reese, but have the Uhaul round hitch. Completley installed with wiring for $174 in TX. Doesn't stick out as much as the Nissan one, looks the same except it doesn't have the rubber coating on the step.
  • kbehnkekbehnke Member Posts: 60
    with gladiator and loboy. This board has been a fantastic source of information and opinions. I have learned a ton about the Pathfinder that I otherwise would not have. I hope we can keep that going. I stopped tracking a few other boards because it reminded me of a bunch of 3rd graders insulting each other. Let's try to avoid that here if at all possible.

Let's keep on Pathfinding!!
  • lofquistlofquist Member Posts: 281
    hattrick,
    I know the dealer in Toronto that everyone has bought from (including baddestbob1last week) will issue an Ontario registration (with your name listed as the owner of course) instead of the NVIS. Ontario has a way of giving this even though you are not paying the registration fees. Minnesota (my state) took this without even blinking. In Vancouver the dealer always gives an NVIS, but only a couple people have had troubles convincing their DMV that this was fine.
    -Jon
  • wep2wep2 Member Posts: 6
    I have heard that when you replace tires on a 96 Pathfinder, you should replace all 4. Anyone heard or experienced this or other info about tire replacement. I'd like to buy only 1 & use my full size spare to replace the front. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    wep2
  • kbehnkekbehnke Member Posts: 60
    Has anyone rotated their own tires? It seems like an easy enough thing to do, but I'm wondering if it requires more than just the one jack provided. I would think you'd need 2 wheels off the ground at once, which seems impossible with just one jack.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.