Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

An overview of the jewel eye headlights in the 2014 Acura MDX.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    How about some pics at night against a wall so us headlight geeks can get a glance at the beam battern? :)
  • Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    *pattern
  • Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    This post really adds no value, other than to point out the obvious that it has jewel eye LED headlights. What would have added value would have been some nighttime photos and commentary on how effective, or ineffective, the headlights actually are.
  • Options
    ed341ed341 Member Posts: 0
    Even the video had computer generated images so it doesn't show what the light truly looks like.

That is similar to "build your own" car website pages that show computer generated vehicles and colors that don't match reality. It's very frustrating.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Hey Donna, I will ask more politely: Can you point the car's lights towards a wall to show off how well they work? In fact, you can do one better: Throw in another one of your long term cars, let's say the Mazda CX-5 and the Hyundai Santa Fe, and compare them at a short and long distance.
  • Options
    dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    I'll second duck87's request, but make sure you lock the shutter speed, aperture, and white balance on the camera so we can have a true comparison.
  • Options
    lightmarelightmare Member Posts: 1
    What good are the new headlight technologies if we're just blinding each other? If you agree please sign my petition to congress http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ban-blinding-headlights