Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Acura MDX went in for its first, A1 service. Here's how it went.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    Please tell me it wasn't actually $70 for a tire rotation, holy crap!
  • dscaindscain Member Posts: 15
    I can get an oil change and tire rotation at my local GM dealer in the frigid Southeast for $39.95 (after coupon, which is almost always available). How much of the extra $100 is because of the Acura surcharge and how much is the Santa Monica effect?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Oh, yeah - I would be back there for sure. What a joke. Thirty-five bucks worth of parts and 25 minutes' work - $140. Seventy bucks for a tire rotation. Sure, it's a wealthy area...but aren't we always hearing that the way people get wealthy is by NOT throwing away money?
  • dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    That better have been with some exotic boutique brand synthetic oil, a new filter, 96 point inspection, and a road force balancing with that tire rotation to be worth $140, even in Santa Monica. It's a freaking Honda, it can't possibly hold more than 6 quarts of oil.
  • fmkofmko Member Posts: 21
    He doesn't care the company is paying for it. If he was paying for it, it would be a different story talking about getting ripped off. I have coupons that give you an oil change and tire rotation for $19.99 from my local Chrysler dealer.
  • kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Wow, I thought we were getting raped when we went in for our "free" first oil change on our 2013 Pilot and wound up paying $45 total including a $35 tire rotation. Just did the oil myself - $25 for Mobil 1 (0W-20W) and $5.50 for the Honda Oil filter. Had to get the $25 Oil filter tool, but otherwise, very easy to do - didn't even have to jack up the vehicle. My only complication now, is trying to figure out where to put my jackstands under the car - can't use the jack points without damaging the plastic...