Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Acura MDX has great navigation features, and is pretty easy to use. But the display seems hazy to me.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Did you go into the settings menu and adjust the screen display settings?
  • Options
    6sptl6sptl Member Posts: 27
    I thought so too when I first bought it.
    Just go into the settings adjust the brightness (down), contrast (up a little) and dark levels (up significantly), presto!, tack sharp screen. The default settings are just not right.
    The rear view camera, on the other hand, is just mediocre compared to my Ford's (shame on you Honda) but good enough. The rear camera is low on pixels and does not have sharp focus.
  • Options
    chuckie6chuckie6 Member Posts: 15
    My Nav display was sharp from the get go. I made it a touch brighter to counter daylight, but otherwise it's crystal clear and looks exactly -- EXACTLY -- the same as the menu screen. As for the backup camera, are you guys expecting a 4K Ultra HD 4D experience just to make sure you don't the garbage cans? I think it's plenty sharp, especially compared to the Commodore 64-quality of my wife's '13 Volvo S60. Sure it could be better, but if meant trading the 3-viewing angles, I'd take lower res every time. The 3 angles are awesome.
  • Options
    tirekickingtirekicking Member Posts: 30
    Nav is definitely fuzzy here.