Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Acura MDX has a clean, almost Germanic instrument panel

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Typically, I love simplicity - however, I'm also a gadget guy so I disagree. I LOVE seeing MPG graphs, use my Google Maps daily to map my way to/from home/work and love whatever data I can get ahold of.
  • tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    Personally I want more information about what is going on with my car. I want to know oil temp, oil pressure, actual coolant temp, not what the over buffered needle wants me to think (or worse the hot/cold temp light ala Scion), transmission temp, whatever I can know. There are sensors in place for basically all of these readings but manufactuers don't give you a way to see them, without using a scan tool.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I'd be curious to see what information is available on the screen. But I also love that it can be turned out. My brother's Outback has a very pretty info. screen with a pretty useless selection of information that can appear on it.

Unrelated but I like the gauges other than the "go fast" font. The slanted numerals remind me of some ill advised font choices by Mazda, Dodge and Pontiac.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    In today's TFT screen world there is no good reason why any car that isn't bargain basement entry level can't give the driver as simple or as information rich an IP as they want. I am also one of those guys that prefers more info about engine operating parameters than less. I love having an oil pressure gauge on my MG. I love the amount of data that Porsche has been providing the drivers of 911's since day 1.
  • bimmerjaybimmerjay Member Posts: 28
    Those gauges are beautifully simple, elegant and legible. Well-done to Acura indeed.