Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

How to Save Money on Car Insurance

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageHow to Save Money on Car Insurance

Get tips from Edmunds on how to Save Money on your Auto Insurance coverage. Learn ways to redesign your policy and take advantage of many available driver discounts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    michele720michele720 Member Posts: 1
    I have been with Allstate for approx. 7 years. I have my homeowners insurance as well as my auto insurance with them. I have been a loyal customer..until NOW.
    My auto insurance last year was $655.90 for 6 months. NOW it has gone up to $922.47 and when I questioned my agent WHY this went up...........no explanation. So that is a $513.14 HIKE per year!!! All these insurance companies are THIEVES if you ask me. I've never put a claim in on my homeowners, ever! I'm just sick of companies trying to rip me off and then ask the government to BAIL THEM OUT. RIDICULOUS!
  • Options
    aderader Member Posts: 8
    8/3/2011

Stay away from Progressive Auto Insurance. When I called to speak with a representative and specifically asked her NOT to process my payment with my Visa card information on file, she went ahead and did it anyway. She did not tell me she was processing the payment, she did not give me any sort of authorization number and I specifically said i wanted to make the payment online myself so that I could print out proof of my payment. These people are reckless and irresponsible with their customer's private information and when I called in to address the issue, they showed no remorse. I've canceled my auto insurance with progressive due to the mishandling of the VISA card information which they were not supposed to keep on file - but did anyway. These guys just do whatever they want and help themselves to money out of your bank account. Their customer service reps have an abrasive and arrogant attitude. I shopped around and got a better deal at All State who treated me with the high level of customer service and professionalism that I used to get at Progressive but it now appears they don't care about their customers or privacy of information. They also had the nerve to charge me a $50 cancellation fee after having messed me around so badly... Stay away.