Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Revealed Ahead of 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Revealed Ahead of 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show

The 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class, a compact crossover designed to lure new, younger buyers into the German brand's showrooms, was revealed ahead of a formal debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• piredonpiredon Member Posts: 50
    RDX is really more of a BMW X3, MB GLK competitor. The Japanese automakers haven't really made an entry into this space.
  • wackfordwackford Member Posts: 41
    Don't know why this is being called an SUV. Doesn't look like one. Looks like a bigger hatch-back. Not that that is a bad thing. I like it. But, it just doesn't seem like an SUV. The whole crossover SUV thing is over-rated IMHO. Call them what they are - wagons or hatchbacks. Nothing wrong with AWD wagons. This vehicle does look nice. Wonder how reliable it will be, and what the maintenance costs on it will be.
  • craig_j1craig_j1 Member Posts: 2
    Why am I thinking Subaru Crosstrek....but with a fancier interior?
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    The exterior architecture looks like a cross between the new mazda 3 5door with the current CX-5; low slung, long hood, sloping front A pillar and D pillar (rear hatch with a fast back look). Impractical (as far as interior and cargo space goes) but sure is a looker just like the Mazda's!!!

Now, if only someone could combine this good looks with some decent interior/cargo space...I'll want one, LOL!
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    So they call this a SUV...Lower the suspension about 1/2 in and you have yourself a CLA 5door hatchback to go with the 4door CLA LOL..
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Why no GLA220 CDI 4Matic for the States?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @wackford You cannot use the H-word in the US car market, people get flashbacks to the late 70s and early 80s and start screaming.
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    I agree with others. This is more of a slightly raised hatchback than a compact SUV. Very Subaru-like in that respect. Not a bad thing at all. The height is only 2 inches taller than a typical sedan. Again, not a bad thing, but it's confusing because Mercedes is offering the A-Class hatchback outside of the US, so it seems redundant. I like it, though and am anxious to see (hopefully) the GLA45 AMG.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I like the proportions and swept looks of the GLA more than the awkward and overly boxy GLK that I've been seeing a lot of on the road recently.