Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Chrysler 200 Revealed Before Official 2014 Detroit Auto Show Debut

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chrysler

image2015 Chrysler 200 Revealed Before Official 2014 Detroit Auto Show Debut

The redesigned 2015 Chrysler 200 sedan was caught during a photo shoot prior to its official debut at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122
    Chrome trim and shape of greenhouse and rear end treatment remind me of the previous gen Mazda 6.
  • cpd87cpd87 Member Posts: 4
    Rather than talking about how or what it resembles, I'm just going to say that this is an extreme, night and day improvement over the current 200/Sebring. Looks like they tossed everything from that car out, which is nice.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Looks like a big improvement on the outside. I will resere judgement on the insude until there are more and better pictures. As far the shape being derivative of others. That's likely true, but really, after 100 years of cars being built, 60+ years of the basic 3 box sedan layout, how many different designs are there really going to be. I don't care if the car is a mashup of 5 or 6 others cars so long as they mashed them together in an attractive fashion.
  • juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    That is a beautiful design.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Hard to get excited about "New and improved!" when they're updating a crap sandwich.
  • rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    What's with this trend of laying controls (switches) at an angle almost horizontal, or I should say any way other than vertical? I'd give it 6 months and it will look like a 5-year old interior when dust and dirt settle into the nooks and crannies in that panel. Are people really convinced this is a better layout, or are they just duped into being attracted to something "trendy?" Yes, I'm that OCD for looking down the road.
  • rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    Oh, speaking of what it resembles, it seems like every manufacturer is in a tight, desperate race to make their product look like everyone else's. We're stuck with vanilla or vanilla. Oh yeah, with either an automatic or automatic to really stir things up.
  • sjw91_sjw91_ Member Posts: 19
    It may not set the world on fire, but it's not the immediate styling embarrassment the old Sebring was. If nothing else, rental car fleets will look better....
  • dashpotdashpot Member Posts: 5
    Dodge Dart with lipstick?
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    The world's smallest touchscreen? But that aside why does CHrylser even bother making a midsize car, they are always the worst ones available.
    The world's smallest touchscreen? But that aside why does CHrylser even bother making a midsize car, they are always the worst ones available.
    It looks like a Kia though too.
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    I like what I'm seeing here. Love the rotary dial. So far, seems like a very nice upgraded looked from the previous gen 200
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Looks like they took a blend of the Fusion and Optima on the exterior, but I also think it made for a great exterior design, and the interior looks vastly improved. Even if they stay with the Pentastar V6 and new tiger shark turbo 4, with the new 9 spd auto, the numbers will be very competitive. Fiat/Chrysler's V6 is very solid in the 300s, paired with the 8 spd ZF trans.
    Chrysler is no longer an American company, and they stiffed the government on the bailout payback. The also needed to be bailed out by Reagan.
    The also make some of the world's worst cars, why anybody would buy this junky KIA ripoff is beyond me.
  • gpgoldengpgolden Member Posts: 6
    Looks like a Fusion which I guess is not a bad thing.