Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chicago Auto Show: 2015 Subaru Legacy (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2014 Chicago Auto Show: 2015 Subaru Legacy (FAQ)

The 2015 Subaru Legacy is a completely redesigned midsize sedan that will arrive in dealers in the summer of 2014.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Subie makes a fine 2.0T that they put in their Forester. 250hp/258ft-lbs. Why isn't it in this car? Personally- I'm waiting for the new Outback variant.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Where's the new GT?
  • nhridge1nhridge1 Member Posts: 2
    Overall a nice improvement although I'm not too sure about the Ford inspired front upper grill. Car otherwise appears less bulky. We still have our 2003 Outback and it remains a solid car. Hey Subaru, what about a diesel option?
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    No Legacy wagon? Boo. I want a Legacy wagon STI variant mkay?
  • qristoferqristofer Member Posts: 22
    Big let down compared to the concept car
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,426
    Nice looking overall, but I think I'll pounce on a 2014 leftover sometime around memorial day. They'll be a fire sale on them:)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    If they made a new version of the 2009 Legacy GT Spec B or even the 3.0 Spec B sedan, I would be a buyer, even with this mild redesign.
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    And here I didn't think that a manufacturer could make a more bland looking car than than Jetta and Passat.
  • john1168john1168 Member Posts: 10
    I think it looks ok. It is better than the current one that's out now but it is pretty watered down from the concept. Some minor changes to the tail lights and especially the c pillar area and this thing would look pretty sweet.
  • john1168john1168 Member Posts: 10
    Also, it will sell well I'm sure.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I'm still underwhelmed, but the pics in an actual environment make the car look just a tiny bit better than the "no background" pics that were leaked earlier this week. They should pick one of the 5-spoke styles in the wheels and just stick with it instead of the weird 10 spoke design it has now. I wish the base engine had 15 more hp and torque. 36 mpg highway and 30 combined with AWD would be pretty impressive, IF it's actually achievable, which I doubt. I'm interested to hear how the car drives. It's nothing much to look at, but at least it's not offensive.
  • zhekazheka Member Posts: 18
    Did Subaru designers see their own concept? This car has almost none of it. No manual transmission? After the release of new WRX (no hatch), I was hoping that they at least get this one right. I guess they gave up on the idea of utility and fun in one vehicle.