Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Detroit Auto Show: 2015 Chrysler 200 (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chrysler

image2014 Detroit Auto Show: 2015 Chrysler 200 (FAQ)

The 2015 Chrysler 200 is an all-new midsize sedan that will be in dealer showrooms in the late spring.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    Very nicely done. Sleek and graceful with a nicely styled interior. I am impressed that Chrysler did not include a large, toothy, chrome-covered grill in the styling as traditional American styling might dictate. I hope that the new 200 will drive as good as it looks with long term reliability to back it up. I might look toward the AWD model to minimize the possibility of torque steer in V-6 models. My only concern is that the new 200 is being compared to the Fusion and the Accord. This is a job that should be left to the "affordable brand" Dodge model (if one will be offered). Chrysler should be trying to position the 200 as an alternative to premium cars like the MKZ, TL, A4 and S60.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Wow, they really nailed it. The exterior is so sleek I almost didn't get it at first. But every element flows into every other so elegantly. The interior sets a new standard for innovative layout and design. Love the white leather with piping. Great wood. And is that blue wood in the sport model? I dig it.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Looks like a blend of Sonata and Fusion, and I think that's a plus. Also, like the fact that Fiat seems to have plenty of input in the design, and they didn't "Americanize" the front fascia with too much chrome.

@engineer - I get your point, and I agree for the most part. However, Chrysler products are marketed much like Hyundai, in that they compete both with intro luxury markets and with sub luxury brands. If this 200 delivers on performance, it could easily be cross-shopped both with Camry, Accord, Fusion, and Acura, Lincoln, and Buick buyers. If the V6 AWD 200 is up to par, I could see a Regal or MKZ owner considering a 200 instead.

And as you stated; if the reliability is there, I would take a n/a V6 with a nine speed trans over a forced induction 2.0 T, 6 spd Fusion.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I see both plus and minus in the exterior styling. On the one hand, its swoopy curves and muscular flanks are well integrated. It looks very fresh and modern. On the other hand, it looks like lots of other 2015 cars (especially Hyundai) so it's kind of anonymous, especially from the side view. At least the nose shows unique character, though Fiat-Chrysler seems still to be groping about for a front end style that defines the brand.
  • se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    Very nice design - interior and exterior. I do hope that they delete the "TACHOMETER" and "SPEEDOMETER" labeling in the gauge cluster though. Just tacky and stupid for pointing out the obvious.
  • typeshtypesh Member Posts: 22
    I think this new 200 has a strong chance at stealing sales from Buick & Lincoln. If you non-tier 1 domestic luxury, it's the best value. Suddenly Buick & Lincoln are extremely overpriced (especially Lincoln).
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    "Chrysler stylists studied details on classic speedboats, among other things" mainly the Sonata and Fusion
  • modestlyfrugalmodestlyfrugal Member Posts: 16
    Very nicely done! I'm impress...very European looking and the quality appears top notch too!! The Domestic will finally crush the [non-permissible content removed] crap imports again. GOOD JOB CHYRSLER!!
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    All those pics and not even one of the trunk. Boo.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    The Limited is projected to be the most popular trim? "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,388
    A huge improvement but it's part of a disturbing trend of wasting a nice slopeback rear deck by not making it a hatchback.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• moparfan5moparfan5 Member Posts: 11
    a very nice design along with the other car makers. I miss the old days when Chrysler concepts were the talk of the show.
  • mitt_zombiemitt_zombie Member Posts: 27
    You would have to be a moron to buy this car.
    Very nicely done. Chrysler should be trying to position the 200 as an alternative to premium cars like the MKZ, TL, A4 and S60.

HAHAHAHAHA
    Very nicely done! I'm impress...very European looking and the quality appears top notch too!! The Domestic will finally crush the [non-permissible content removed] crap imports again. GOOD JOB CHYRSLER!!

Chrysler IS an import.
    Pay back your loans Chrysler, you POSbags needed 2 bailouts!
  • Paul3557Paul3557 Member Posts: 2
    I approve of the two tone interior. Also the exterior is a coalition of a Fusion and a CIvic. NIce job by Chrysler. Now they need to price it at the Fusion/Civic level.