Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 New York Auto Show: 2015 Toyota Camry (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

image2014 New York Auto Show: 2015 Toyota Camry (FAQ)

With its redesigned exterior and upgraded interior, the 2015 Toyota Camry is once again poised to dominate the midsize sedan class.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Wow...I thought the current version was a good upgrade from the previous gen, but the 2015 (SE Trim) looks REALLY nice IMO. They've really made the front aggressive and the rear more pleasing to look at it. The interior bits look nice to boot. Nice color combo with the black out grill and darker wheel treatment. Nice going Toyota.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Correction* I meant XSE trim :)
  • darda71darda71 Member Posts: 0
    Looks like they blew up the ugly corolla and called it a day.. back end is nice...they didnt touch the interior.. .. still toyota boring.
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    Fusion, Mazda 6, Accord, 200, and Optima are all laughing right now. That fake design element on the C-pillar is just desperate.
  • cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    All I know is my subconscious is telling me to buy an Evoque, but I can't for the life of me figure out why
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    It appears the Carolla is the design standard bearer for Toyota.
  • corollamikecorollamike Member Posts: 29
    All I can say is WOW, what an upgrade! Bonkers cool, this. The visual trick at the C pillar rounds out the entire redesign. Holy cow, I had to look twice to make sure this was a Toyota! Very grown up, indeed. In terms of completeness and cohesion of design, it's what the Corolla could have been. Honestly, this looks more like a concept than a production model! I've been saying for some time that if only Toyota's production cars would remain true to their concept vehicles, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand. This Camry is awesome.
  • imolaredzhpimolaredzhp Member Posts: 6
    Why this trend with oversized maw in the front? Put a front plate on it and all of a sudden you have a bucktoothed Bugs Bunny look going, harkens back to the days of the RX-8. Designers should consider the look with the front plate mounted, which happens to be required in many markets this Camry will be available in.
  • itm1221itm1221 Member Posts: 0
    The front end looks really nice, but I just feel that the taillights and, apart from the bumpers, the over all rear-end looks a bit too much like the current gen Accord....
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Although I'd never consider buying a Camry because it's not engaging enough to drive, there are plenty of people for whom this car is an excellent choice. Update the looks and technology so they're fresh, keep the interior spacious and comfortable, and all that plus Toyota's sterling reputation for reliability means they'll continue to sell a few hundred thousand annually in the U.S.
  • techman41973techman41973 Member Posts: 83
    Please explain to me. With half the bumper now gone with this gaping wide mouth, what happens to the front of the vehicle now in a low speed crash? Also, surprised there are no powertrain updates. I wonder with serious refresh in 2015, will there be a total redesign now in 2018 or another warm over to the current platform.
  • fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    @techman41973: Have you ever seen a spindle grille in person? The bumper is hidden behind the spindle. Common sense, folks..
  • skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    Let's see how it scores in the small overlap crash test.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    skw0123, Toyota rushed some upgrades on the 2014 model, the IIHS retested, and it scored the second-best category of "acceptable". Moot point now.
    techman, yearning for the days of a chrome bar stretching across the front of your car? All cars now have plastic bumper covers with the hardware hidden behind. Just because they made the plastic cover black doesn't mean there is no bumper there.
    Don't like that front end treatment, but the interior improvements were badly needed. The SE trim is already quite good, I wonder how much farther the XSE takes it. Lots of "car people" reflexively hate this thing just because it's a Camry, so even if the XSE was sharper than a Mazda6 they'd still hate it.
  • jbrown08jbrown08 Member Posts: 15
    For those saying the rear of the camry looks like an accord, consider the es350 had a redesign before the accord and the camry took it's design elements from its luxury sibling!
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Should I Get it a Band-Aid?
    No. Its front end just looks like a wound. Its not really wounded.
  • noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1
    Another uninspiring, soulless grocery-getter.
  • camrydriver69camrydriver69 Member Posts: 54
    Anybody know if manual transmission is making a comeback? Unlikely, but I'm still hoping!
  • drjjjjdrjjjj Member Posts: 25
    Here's THE BIG difference between the Camry and most of it's rivals:
    No problematic, noisy, ultra high fuel pressure and potentially very costly to repair direct injected motor or sloppy, noisy and potentially very expensive to repair belt driven cvt tranny! Well done Toyota-you dodged a bullet. Wait a few years and read about how expensive these "innovations" are to repair, what it does to re-sale, brand image, etc. Change isn't always good or progressive. Also, the V-6 Camry is as fast as a 20 yo vette to 100mph, gets 30 mpg at 80 and you can't hear or feel it idle. Looks: they all look alike now.