Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Concept: 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

imageFord Edge Concept: 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show

Consider the Edge Concept a near-production preview of the styling for the next generation of Ford's two-row Edge midsize crossover, with intriguing new automated-driving technologies included.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• corollamikecorollamike Member Posts: 29
    Looks pretty much like a Hyundai Santa Fe, right down to the fog light inserts. And the grill. And the headlights. And the wheel openings. And the front fascia. And...
  • socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Assuming the production version is very close in execution, it doesn't look bad per se but also not that much different than what has been on the market for quite a few years. Seems more like a quickie refresh with the same basic shape and the new corporate grille and styling cues tacked on. It's a nice sized package but I'd really hope they're spending more time figuring a way to shave weight off the vehicle rather than tweaking styling as it is a little on the heavy size for its size. Also good to see some real buttons coming back to the dash on the MyFord Touch which should appease some of the people that have panned recent Ford's touch screen centric interface.
  • corollamikecorollamike Member Posts: 29
    Okay, okay, I said it looked like a Hyundai Santa Fe, 'cause it DOES. But, that aside, the concept is trimmer, tighter, and makes me wonder just why Ford would need to keep the Explorer. What I hope, thanks to the recent departure of J Mays, is that the era of the gigantic, humongous, and woefully-in-the-way-of-our-lead-feet center stacks is OVER. My wife is thinking of trading in her Focus for an Escape. A friend of hers has one, and while it's well-appointed, there was absolutely no comfortable room for my right foot. Room in the back seats, yes, but the business of forsaking functionality and comfort for style just has to go. Anyone who has a late-model Ford knows what I'm saying.