Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Lexus RC Coupe Revealed

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2015 Lexus RC Coupe Revealed

The prototype 2015 Lexus RC Coupe, a four-seater designed to serve as the next

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Those headlights don't work on the IS, I don't think they work really well here either. I don't really mind the body shaping (The IS has an absurd side character line running through the rear wheels) and on second though I don't hate the grill as much as I thought I would either. Still... I know Lexus is looking to inject some excitement in their lineup but it's been kind of hit or miss (mostly miss I think)
  • patinthecitypatinthecity Member Posts: 40
    Be honest Toyota, you were more interested in hopefully becoming a new cartoon character in "Cars" part-3 when styling this car, and not for real people.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm hard pressed to understand how a car powered by a roughly 300bhp 3.5L V6 can be a "halo" car for any brand.
  • kryptokatkryptokat Member Posts: 7
    I guess they can price it higher than the LFA and make it a Halo car, but I don't get it either.
  • engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    I think the Lexus corporate spindle grill might look better if the sides of the lower part of the spindle were drawn vertically (think exaggerated funnel or exotic drinking glass) instead of flaring out diagonally. Just my two cents.
  • iwant12iwant12 Member Posts: 269
    Thought it was a Scion at first glance.
  • alex38alex38 Member Posts: 30
    overall proportions not bad...but WAY overstyled. Appears as if they're trying too hard. Would take the new BMW 4-series coupe over this in a hearbeat. It's actually not even close imo
  • melohormelohor Member Posts: 4
    the front grill looks kinda like the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    the grille is neither sporty nor refined for this kind of car--looks more like a tuner car with that beak. I suppose if it were more refined everyone would then cpmplain that it was boring. There has to be something in between.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Radio Control
  • ed341ed341 Member Posts: 0
    Sounds like a lot of terminology used to make us overlook that this is just an IS 2 door, a car that should have existed for years. The base V6 is a dinosaur that should be replaced with a turbo 4 and has no place being in this car.
  • _zack_zack Member Posts: 1
    So at first I thought, "A Lexus FR-S with v6 power, that's cool." Then I realized it's just going to be another overpriced Lexus fail and not a FR-S at all.
  • majin_ssj_ericmajin_ssj_eric Member Posts: 49
    I think it looks great overall. Not a fan of the headlights on this or the IS to be honest but the overall shape is elegant and modern and the rear 3/4 view is very nice. Can't wait to see the F-Sport and inevitable RC-F...