Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Subaru Forester Set for 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show Debut

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2014 Subaru Forester Set for 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show Debut

The updated 2014 Subaru Forester, which will get a new six-speed manual transmission and a continuously variable transmission, will debut at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I am genuinely disappointed to read that the 2.5 is unchanged. This engine is woefully underpowered (I had a 2007 Forester for 3 years). With the new pathetically weak 2.0 in the Imprezza and the failure to improve the 2.5, the only non-turbo 4cyl Subaru that would interest me right now is the BRZ.
  • zgarezgare Member Posts: 1
    Nice. Will the 2014 Forrester offer Eyesight?
  • bonzjrbonzjr Member Posts: 44
    Jeez, Anita, inline engines?

Boxer. BOXER. As in... flat... or horizontally-opposed. Subaru's engine type (for the NA market, at least) is one of Subaru's two standout marketing traits. AWD (ignoring the BRZ), of course, is the other.

It's like saying "BMW V6." Or "desirable Kia."
  • carguy214carguy214 Member Posts: 2
    Why do they keep referring to the engine as an inline 4-cylinder? Did they do away with the boxer engine? And is that correct, it went from a 170hp 2.5 to a 250hp turbo charged 2.0, which I wouldn't imagine. Turbo's are great for adding speed, but for an SUV you need more grip, and better torque, so that is why they usually don't have turbo's.