Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Longer, Lower, Lighter: 2013 New York Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Longer, Lower, Lighter: 2013 New York Auto Show

The redesigned 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan grows larger, to better compete with the BMW 5 Series and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Looking forward to seeing this in NYC. My question is; why not put the new V8 in this car instead of the V6 turbo? I'm sure a slightly detuned version of the Vette engine say 420hp, would get similiar, if not better performance and fuel economy numbers than the V6. Plus it would sound so much better.
  • Options
    09gt_09gt_ Member Posts: 6
    The V-sport is NOT the V-series. The V-sport will bridge the gap between the "regular" CTS and the CTS-V. The CTS-V will still have a V8.

Why didn't Edmunds report on the over 200 lb weight loss over the current version (despite being bigger)?
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I like the front end, very "Cadillac". This looks promising, but what I really want to see is the full redesign when that ever comes around. If they learned a couple of lessons from the ATS (especially chassis dynamics) and successfully incorporate them into the next generation CTS, that car is going to do a lot of good for the brand.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I like the design. I really hope they managed to find some extra rear seat leg room though. For a car of it's size the current CTS's back seat is woefully short of leg room (and I speak from experience, not manufacturer's measurements).
  • Options
    jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Wow. The blockier, more classic proportions of the ATS and now the CTS really update the brand. Also like the full-shield grille rather than split- they had taken that as far as it could go. Wish the XTS had been a bit less rakish and more like this even tho I like it too. GM is really on fire lately!
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @quad: I think this might be a full redesign. They did say this was on the same platform as the ATS, which is not the same platform as the old CTS.
  • Options
    exnevadan_exnevadan_ Member Posts: 25
    this does look great, I must be getting old
  • Options
    noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    I think Cadillac has a great lineup for all age groups. Very appealing drivetrains, and look out Germans! Finally a contender. Looks are both bold yet conservative at the same time--hard for me to describe.
  • Options
    greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    Better looking and edgier than the Germans, and the Japanese Luxo
    brand styling is a joke next to this. I thought the ATS was great looking but this outdoes it. Just exudes Class.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @stovt001: Ah yes, you're right. Thanks.