Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Geneva Auto Show: 2015 Ford Focus (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2014 Geneva Auto Show: 2015 Ford Focus (FAQ)

Ford's restyle of the Focus compact car for 2015 brings grille work inspired by big-brother Fusion, a more premium interior and the 1.0-liter EcoBoost three-cylinder engine as a new efficiency-optimizing option.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    I like the Ford Focus. I have driven the current version both as a rental and company car. It handles nicely. The DCT is a little sluggish at low speed as it tries to "slip the clutch" gently as a human driver would. I would like the Focus even more if the Focus ST came standard with the RevoKnuckle suspension geometry (for torque steer elimination) that is standard on the 300 hp European Focus RS.
  • Options
    unclebrudunclebrud Member Posts: 2
    I own a '12 Focus. The interior changes are very nice. The exterior changes are OK, but even with them, the car is starting to look a little dated (especially from the side view). The Aston look feels a little dull now that it's been done before on the Fusion & Fiesta. I thought that the original (Mk.3) triangular grilles were kind of interesting...sad to see them gone.

The new Mazda3 and new Mk.7 VW Golf look much better and modern. The Golf's interior, to me, is easily the 'most sophisticated-looking choice...'.

New GTI for me later this year....
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    The pictures look great, inside and out. The front end nicely captures the aggressive snarl from the larger Fusion and scales it down a size. The flanks are well sculpted without looking overly busy. Inside, the center stack looks sophisticated, a major improvement over current model with too many buttons and diagonal lines that give it a "boy racer" look.
  • Options
    shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    "The 2015 Ford Focus lineup will mimic the current Focus offerings of four- and five-door body styles in S, SE and Titanium trim levels, as well as the battery-powered Focus Electric."

Uh... no more ST?
  • Options
    plantz_plantz_ Member Posts: 3
    One of the major factors that prevents me from buying a new Focus is that I cannot get things like rear disk brakes without leather seats. I find cloth seats to be more comfortable, and modern materials last just fine. (Very light tan cloth on my 2005 Prius with 125k miles are like new.) Subaru Impreza seems to be the only one that offers their best mechanical features without having to get leather. I hope Ford changes this in the 2015 model. In particular, I hope they offer all the safety features in the EcoBoost model without having to get leather seats.