Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

After 15 minutes in the Trader Joe's parking lot, our long-term 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo was profiled by a high-end realtor.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• robs249_robs249_ Member Posts: 42
    Considering the amount of people who lease or finance a 3series for the image, only to have them repossessed 1 year later...
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Sorry, but that's the worst article/post I've read on Edmunds ever.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i tend to agree with erin's conclusion. why else would the realtor have targeted her car other than to think (erroneously or not) the owner would be more likely to afford it? as to robs249 point, a realtor doesn't car whether you can afford a bmw for the long-term or a house for the long-term. can you get the loan and can they make the sale is all they care about. (they SHOULD care and there are certainly good ones that do.) a realtor would look at the bmw owner as someone who strives for nice things, even if they have to stretch their budget. makes sense that they also might like a nicer house...
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    having said all that... i some times drive through the nicer neighborhoods here in the midwest and i often notice the LACK of super nice cars in the driveways and roads of the larger homes. i suspect they have a super nice one tucked away some where... and maybe it is a midwest thing, but i see a lot late model hondas and toyotas. maybe they are mortgage poor or maybe in the midwest we care less about fancy vehicles, especially as daily drivers?
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Interesting, but this post made me cringe thinking about the number of $40K a year millionaires driving entry level BMWs nowadays.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    "For me, it genuinely splits the difference between the 3 Series sedan and the X3 in areas like ride comfort, handling and interior room. "

Again.. 3 series wagon does this better. More room, better looking, drives better.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    according to a review on fast lane car the 3 series GT has MORE passenger room than the 3 series wagon. in fact the 3 series GT has more passenger room than the 5 series(non gt) It also handles better than the 5 series.

that little tidbit of information really helps you picture where the 3 series GT fits in the grand scheme of things. it is for people who prefer very large cars but still want practicallity and fun to drive. that is a lot of usually exlusive missions for a vehicle to do so to get one that manages to actually do it is quite a feat for bmw!
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    At what point does BMW simply stop buidling sedans? With their glut of crossoversand hatchbacks, why bother with sedans?
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    When I lived in 90025 it was uncommon to see a 3er parked in a driveway. It was mostly less expensive but well maintained cars, a sign that people managed money carefully and made tradeoffs to live there. The truly wealthy living slightly to the north wouldn't bother with an entry luxury car like a 3 series or a C class. There it's all 7s and S classes, if not XJs, Bentleys, etc. In West LA 3ers are for young white collar professionals living in condos.
  • mnorm1_mnorm1_ Member Posts: 17
    The real estate agent figured, anyone foolish enough to pay $55k for that vehicle would be an easy mark for an equally over priced house.