Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 435i First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 BMW 435i First Drive

The 2014 BMW 435i is not just the replacement for the long-loved 3 Series Coupe. It's the cornerstone of an all-new family.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    -"It's plus one of everything."

-I'll just leave this here:

Spinal Tap, these go to eleven ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOXsA8sp_E
  • travaitravai Member Posts: 14
    #want
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    You said "It's just too pretty, too fast and too well-sorted everywhere else to complain." Maybe I can agree, but we are talking about a BMW coupe here, and a 3- err 4-series. The suspension set up is an extremely important part of this model. I'm not sure why I opened this page expecting to be pleasantly surprised...
  • rollkrollk Member Posts: 3
    I'm still not a fan of this whole 4-series naming.

The 4-door sedan is the 3-series, while the 3-door coupe is the 4-series. An M3 for the past several decades, built on tradition and heritage, has been a coupe, and now an M3 is only a sedan and the M4 is the new M3. And now I just found out there's going to be a 4-series four door coupe? Isn't that just the 3-series?

I'm confused and don't like it.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    As Top Gear, Chris Harris, and a bunch of suspension engineers apparently are agreeing, this "sports mode" nonsense typically ruins the handling of the car rather than provides any tangible benefits. A harsh riding, jiggly suspension is NOT one that provides the best feel or fastest times; but because consumers paid for that stupid button, they expect to feel a difference as well.
  • vroom2vroom2 Member Posts: 3
    If the numb steering, iffy brake feel, body roll, nervous ride and the economy car exhaust note of the 4 cylinder have been carrier over then this is no improvement. This "review" is an infomercial at best.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Sounds like the steering is improved, and the chassis is good - all reassuring news. Yes, the naming sucks. Why have BMW and Infiniti gone all nutty with alpha-numerics? Why does BMW still badge the trunk that it features fuel injection, but ignores the turbocharging...?
  • zman49zman49 Member Posts: 12
    If you would like to price one, the prices are available on the BMW European delivery web page. Interestingly, you can also price a 328d (yes diesel) that I had never heard about before.
  • zman49zman49 Member Posts: 12
    I am a bit confused about the suspension settings as you can order a sports version or a luxury version. Does the luxury version have a sport mode? If so, what is the suspension difference between the luxury version and the sport version?
  • alex38alex38 Member Posts: 30
    love the new look, but not a fan of the naming schedule and those side fins/gills..
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    If they're making a 4 Series sedan for the 2 people who want a small-midsize 4 door BMW without the 3-series name, can they then at least make a 2 door 3 series and its corresponding M variant for those of us who don't want to live in a world where the M3 doesn't exist?
  • bimmerjaybimmerjay Member Posts: 28
    @jederino

"Why does BMW still badge the trunk that it features fuel injection, but ignores the turbocharging...?"

Well, pretty much all BMWs are turbocharged now. But "i" now signifies gas (injected) power and "d" signifie
  • bimmerjaybimmerjay Member Posts: 28
    @zman49 "I am a bit confused about the suspension settings as you can order a sports version or a luxury version. Does the luxury version have a sport mode? If so, what is the suspension difference between the luxury version and the sport version?&qu
  • rcrowleyrcrowley Member Posts: 1
    I had reservations about ordering a 435xi but those concerns disappeared after a couple of days behind the wheel . Compared with the 335cpe, in sport mode, it handles better, rides better driving position better, comfort better stability better ,engine performance subjectively feels the same (remember performance dramatically improves on the n55 engine after break in);This car has performed very well in the snow (equipped with high performance snow tires).The steering while very accurate but has lost a slight amount of feed back ;the heated seats need more heat