Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

A minor dash rattle has exposed itself on Edmunds' long-term 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo. Our early guess is it's related to the optional Head-up Display.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    The 3-Series has always been a bit of a rattle trap. I loved my old M3 (when the lease ended they basically had to pry the keys out of my hand), but it's dashboard relayed a symphony of rattles over rough pavement. I usually just shifted down and let that glorious V8 drown them out!
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    hadn't ever looked at the "in-depth" tests. Very nice.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    My 2003 Mini Cooper developed a dash rattle around 30k miles. The dealer could never fix it. Must be a BMW group thing. I wonder if Rolls Royces also develop DB rattles?
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    I thought these kind of complaints were only made regarding non-German and non-Asian manufacturers.
  • juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    BMWs have been really, truly awful in terms of rattles in the last five years. Both of my F25 X3s have had lots of problems, so I've had about ten loaners over the past three years. The F10 5-series loaners were always more solid, but there were still noises. The E90 3-series was okay, but in instances of torsion and body flex, there were noises from the pillars. The F30 3-series is a joke--it feels like there's no insulation in the car at all. Both of my X3s were really rattly--everything in the dash just crunches and creaks and rattles, and then there are tailgate rattles and other plastic noises that you just don't hear on an Audi or a Mercedes.
  • ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91
    I would probably trade the car in. A rattle in an area full of parts (i.e. the dashboard) will never be resolved easily or without trading off other noises caused by hasty reassembly by a service tech.

I hate rattles...hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em!