Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Took our 2013 Cadillac ATS to get serviced

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    They told you "not today," then did not get back to you for 2 days, and the total out-of-service was 4 days...and everything was handled to your satisfaction?
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    @fordson what they asked actually was a lot thats a lot of stuff to look at/diagnose/whatever. they could have called with an update tho sayin they was ordering a part.
  • Options
    subytrojan_2subytrojan_2 Member Posts: 79
    "Painting the handle to match our black ATS added to the delay."

I don't understand this. I don't think the door handle is black.
  • Options
    hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    I just want to know whats going on with the red Camaro in front of the ATS. Also subytrojan raises a good point, what part of the door handle assembly had to be painted? It is not noticeable from afar.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    communication is part of good service. If you were not given a loaner, this is even more important.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    So does the Caddy now have 3 chrome door handles and one awkward black door handle?
  • Options
    ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    Is it just me, or is that a really expensive alignment? Last time I got an alignment done it was $60-$70.
  • Options
    ed341ed341 Member Posts: 0
    I'm with hooninaround, That looks like the newest refresh version of the Camaro ('14?), whats going on there? Much more interesting than a door handle... For some reason COPO popped in my head..
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @ajac03: Edmunds goes to dealers that charge $800+ for an oil change. Using that scale, the alignment was expensive by all of our standards, but pretty cheap by West LA standards.
  • Options
    oachalonoachalon Member Posts: 12
    Only the front section has a chrome piece. The front of handle is chrome and then has the LED in the center of it. The rest of the handle is painted the color of the car.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Dealers are great for warranty repairs, but the price they charge for discretionary stuff like an alignment varies widely. The West LA area is not a cheap place to live or run a business. Prices here are always above the national average. As for the "offer" of a throttle-body cleaning, that sort of upsell attempt makes me cringe. Way too new a car for that.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    The chrome finish is the top surface of the handle. The projecting part between that and the door is body-colored.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test