Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Cadillac ATS and discovers its automatic braking feature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    Trust our technology, it will protect you. Do it for the children!
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    In Soviet Russia, car drives you...
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    did it allow you to move without an alarm once the grass was moved?
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Your experience with this Caddy has bee very insightful. I have learned that I will NEVER purchase a car with this level of intrusive nannying unless it actually does ALL the driving (and parking) for me.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Imagine what will happen when driverless cars become widespread and a blade of grass caused the car to come to a screeching halt in the middle of a busy freeway.
  • spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    wow. Technology fail. Talk about a dangerous situation where the car has immoblized itself but you may find yourself in a situation where you need to move immediately.
  • mazeronimazeroni Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like the driver assist package creates a serious safety hazard. If you were on a busy street or parked on the side of the road, Cadillac can't seriously believe taking away the ability to operate the car is a good thing.

Imagine having to make a three-point-turn on some back road or pulling out of your driveway. How wonderful would that be trying to get out of the way of someone barreling down the road towards you while the systems are screaming at you and the parking break has set itself.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    In HAL 9000 tones, "You don't want to park there, Dave".
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    I don't think it was a blade of grass that caused it to stop you. I don't think GM's sensors are that precise or sensitive. However you are very close to the curb and if the steering wheel is turned the computer could then calculate that the angle and direction you are backing will cause you to hit the curb. The ATS is not going to have you damaging it's shoes.