Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe First Drive

If the shape of the BMW M5 is too conservative and the BMW M6 coupe is too impractical, the all-new 560-horsepower BMW M6 Gran Coupe might be the perfect compromise.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    travaitravai Member Posts: 14
    This is a fantastically engineered car, but the styling is questionable.

It's sad, because it's *almost* beautiful.

There's something a bit *off* about it though. I understand that EU pedestrian safety regulations can be blamed for the bulbous nose profile. It's trying too hard to be chic though, and comes off like a poseur's car.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    What's with that Tarzan strap connecting the center console to the dash? Is the gear selector's loin cloth in danger of slipping down without it?
  • Options
    wackfordwackford Member Posts: 41
    It is a nice car. But, isn't the base Audi A8 pretty much as fast, never mind the S8. I also think the Audi is considerably more attractive, both inside and out. But, if someone offered me this Beemer, I would certainly say a big Thank You. I just wouldn't pick it ahead of the Audi (and couldn't, anyway, as it is way out of my price range!)
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I think that I know what BMW means by the M5 and M6GC not being cross-shopped. To me, an M6 (Coupe or Grand Coupe) owner wants to stand out from the crowd, while an M5 owner would rather blend into it (to a degree), and maybe on occasion a thumbs up from someone who recognizes the quad tailpipes. Personally, I would rather have a 550i and remove the badge, or even better an E39 540i. I appreciate power and connectivity (to the car of course, not the internet), but I'm not obsessed with getting my sedan under 8 minutes on Nurburgring.