Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

The 2013 Cadillac ATS's CUE system is loud and proud as evidenced by this video of its startup.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    page 98 of your Cue Users Manual covers setting the volume level for that or even turning it off. ---- Audio CUE Volume (If
    Equipped): This feature adjusts
    the startup and shutdown
    sounds. To adjust the volume,
    press + or

to increase or
    decrease. This feature can beturned on or off. Press
    [
    Back
    screen button to go back to the
    previous menu.
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Member Posts: 75
    Why is this noisy garbage needed at all? It is the same as manufacturing the car with a bin full of household garbage: you have an "option" to remove it, of course, but why install something that stinks in the first place?
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    It didn't seem that loud to me.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    "page 98 of your Cue Users Manual covers setting the volume level for that or even turning it off."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

What a piece of crap, more than 100 page manual for this unneeded junk!
  • hclmedhclmed Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    It's not that an infotainment system isn't useful, but how was there no level of review that recognized that this "welcome sound" was loud enough to drown out conversation in the first place, and that it would get really tedious after the first few times. It takes real immaturity to include a car feature that insists that you interrupt your conversation whenever you get into the car to hear your introductory audio blaring for the 416th time. I know they want to reach out to a younger demographic, but I don't think 14 year olds are shopping for these.