Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Cadillac ATS wears its patriotism on its sleeve.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    "American" is design, manufacturing and assembly. A Fusion or Golf is assembled in Mexico, yet I don't think that makes those Mexican cars. The American organization is captured by this jumbled sticker and all the interests that made the ATS happen, so I guess I can appreciate that. When I think of Toyota, I think of a monolith. Whereas GM recalls a fractious horde, but one that just pulled of a great vicotry and took time for a family photo.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    No large global company can claim to be "American", or "Japanese", or any such classification. These companies employ engineers, workers, and executives in a multitude of countries. They also have manufacturing and assembly plants all over the world. Having a main office in Detroit doesn't change this, and the "American Percentage" of 65% is a gimmick (and a poor one too if you compare this number to the Camry's). Truthfully, its all marketing by a company that wants to sell you something, and not much more. If you really care about American business, you'd do best to buy locally. For a car, this is impossible. Santa isn't real either by the way.
  • Options
    huisjhuisj Member Posts: 1
    I had classmates in 4th grad who could draw an outline of Michigan better than that for school projects. Maybe they drew it while actually driving around in an ATS in Lansing and the bumps screwed them up a bit.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    Seeing that sticker is all it takes to remove a car from my consideration.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    "American" to me means bold, blunt designs with long wheelbases, followed by high powered drivetrains and good value for money. The Chrysler 300 and the new Cadillac CTS are the most "American" cars I've seen, outside of the cartoony blunt-edged pony cars (Challenger, Mustang, Camaro).