Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Somebody crashed into our 2013 Cadillac ATS in the parking lot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    Serves you right. Ugly Cadillac deserves damage. What a monstrosity all Cadillacs are these days...
  • juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    Scratch that... what a monstrosity all Cadillacs have always been...
  • evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    cadillac's are looking great nowadays, you're crazy (although I suppose entitled to your opinion as am I)

looks like they drilled that thing.
  • tp660tp660 Member Posts: 15
    That's a pretty big ding for a typical parking lot fender bender.
  • nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    $100 says she was in an SUV.
  • hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    $200 says that she was in a lifted pickup truck with one of those drop trailer hitches. Point of impact is pretty sharp, can't imagine it being anything else.
  • wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    $200 says she was talking or texting on her cell phone
  • zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    i'd say corner of a bumper of an older suv with sharp-edged bumpers. either way... that's gonna be pricey... not the easiest panel to fix.
  • fsunolefsunole Member Posts: 25
    That's in one of the absolute worst places to get hit. The rear quarter panel that flows over the doors and down the a-pillar is a pain to fix. They'll likely have to cut out that piece, re-weld/bondo the heck out of a new one (while trying to maintain all the character lines) and then respray most of that side of the car. You're easily looking at $6k+ probably at a Cadillac authorized bodyshop.
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    Sucks. Last year some @$$hole kid hit my wifes WEEK old CX-5, put it in reverse, and took off! Luckily, some good samritans got the plate and they caught the kid in the next town over, but really sucked none the less. Specifically because had purchased the car and not leased.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Well, at least the person who hit the Caddy wasn't a worthless pile of protein who caused a similar accident while 1. Drunk 2. Broke 3. Without insurance 4. About to get sent to jail for other offenses directly related to being a worthless pile of protein. Try getting your insurance deductible out of that kind of person. Don't ask me how I know.
  • veedubber86_veedubber86_ Member Posts: 8
    That does suck, but at least it's not YOUR car. Someone backed into mine in February to the tune of $6000 in damage (he bent a frame rail in a parking lot). It's fixed now, but it will never be the same... :(
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @emajor: I had the exact same experience after a guy backed into my car in a parking lot and proceeded to flee. I was also young at the time and only had liability, so guess who ended up having to pay for it. Lesson learned.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Credit to the driver for doing the right thing (but sad that the most basic decency is rare enough to be applauded). Discredit to the driver for really nailing that. That wasn't just a slight bump, that was really wrong.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    That's a bit more than a love tap. Lexus that needs replacement mats or an Audi 5000? ;)
  • frank908frank908 Member Posts: 48
    @juddholl10- One can only imagine what you actually think looks good. I'd bet my right testicle that whatever it is, it probably is not.

My apologies to your significant other.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Wow; that'll be expensive and time-consuming to repair.