Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Last night I bought a new bathroom sink and cabinet. Instead of a pickup truck, I used our long-term 2013 Cadillac ATS to haul them back to my house.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    There are some nice lease deals out there for some trucks if you're not going to use it as a DD and/or not keeping it around long. A quick search on the interwebz shows you can lease a Ram crew cab for 2 years, $1.5k down and $200/month. Not sure how extensive of a renovation you're planning but it may be worth it.
  • Options
    farvy_farvy_ Member Posts: 9
    Forget about buying a used truck. Won't be worth it when you add up the purchase cost, insurance cost, maintenance, fuel cost, repairs, finding a place to park it, etc.

If you are doing serious home renovation, you will need serious cash. Don't waste it on a truck.

You work for Edmunds & have access to numerous large vehicles in your LT fleet. Borrow one of those.

You probably have friends with large vehicles. Borrow one of those. Put some gas in their tank as a thank you. I've done it with our neighbors Trailblazer.

In a dire situation, go to Home Depot (where you'll probably be spending lots of time anyway) & rent their pickup. It's like $20 for 75 minutes. I've done it several times, & not for even bringing things home from HD. I've done it to pickup furniture to avoid large delivery fees.

Skip the used truck.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    +1 farvy. Just shop for your larger items all at the same time...I think as soon as your HD order clears $500 or $600, you get free delivery anyway. Oh, and really nice bathroom cabinets don't come knocked down in a box from Ikea.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Good thing you guys just got a Silverado in the LT fleet. You should probably get priority on that sign-out list. I'm thinking you'll have plenty of other options so you don't have to buy your own truck, but the Frontier is pretty nice. My father-in-law has one and I was impressed by the relative refinement in the ride and engine.
  • Options
    boff_boff_ Member Posts: 51
    Looks like you've got everything BUT the sink there...

A lot of stores will rent you a truck for a pretty reasonable fee. I'd go that route rather than buying a dedicated vehicle.