Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

We report on the fuel economy of our 2013 Cadillac ATS for the month of September 2013.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    How about you put all the fuel economy numbers on 1 post? I don't even bother looking at any of them when there are so many. Also you have had the Corvette for 2 day's and no posts, I come here less and less every week.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Not too good. This car with this engine should be at that 24 mpg combined number. By all accounts the ATS is besting the 3 series in terms of driving dynamics. But quietly, BMW has been increasing its fuel efficiency at an impressive rate. I think that BMW is guessing that the next frontier for bragging rights among luxury car buyers is not simply acceleration or slalom times. People are really paying attention to efficiency. It will be a shame if just as Cadillac falls way behind BMW in terms of fuel efficiency just as they catch up in terms of everything else.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    clearly, there is little to no benefit of the turbo 4 over the V6.
  • rmhpmirmhpmi Member Posts: 37
    The only way a turbo-4 is going to achieve "real world" efficiency gains is if it is driven gingerly at all times. As soon as the motor is asked to produce more than about 50% of it's performance, any efficiency gains are lost.

Long term test vehicles driven by automotive journalists are very likely driven more aggressively than by true owners. I own a Kia with a 2.0 liter turbocharged motor. Very efficient on long steady highway cruises but around town it never gets the EPA city rating.

Give me my V6!
  • loseitloseit Member Posts: 7
    Needs an 8speed tranny to improve the mileage.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    I just test drove one of these today, and I can see why your mileage isn't that great... DAMN, this car has some punch when you slam down the pedal! It's crazy addicting! I WANT ONE!