Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best New-Car Leftovers for 2012

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageBest New-Car Leftovers for 2012

Bargains abound for cars that are soon to be redesigned or discontinued.

Read the full story here

Comments

• katmandu2katmandu2 Member Posts: 13
    You'all failed to mention the 2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude!

Yes, it is one of the lowest ranked SUVs but it is far superior in ride, safety and features to our 2005 Jeep Liberty Rocky Moutain Edition.

We had zero issues with our 2005 Liberty so we we're confident in buying a 2012 Liberty.

We Paid just under $22,000 for our 2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude 4x4 loaded with Leather and Moonroof with all the Rebates, Incentives and Discounts applied !!

I challenge anyone to find a better deal than this !
  • gr8mazda3gr8mazda3 Member Posts: 4
    The 2012 Mazda3 is currently an absolute STEAL. Only minor updates are scheduled for the 2013 model, and two dealers in the Knoxville, TN area have a combined 70 or so 2012 models left on their lots! Read this article if you need any more confirmation regarding this excellent compact car:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1208_2012_2013_compact_sedan_comparison/fuel_economy.html

I just bought the exact model in the comparison test and the OTD price came to just over $3000 under MSRP. I had just tested every car in the above comparison test plus the Sonic and Fiesta. The Mazda3 is the perfect balance of fun to drive with great fuel mileage from the SkyActiv engine. Amazed that this car is being heavily discounted with all the positive press and reviews. I love it!
  • bartstarbartstar Member Posts: 3
    Again people without a clue ,writing about things they know nothing about.Good luck finding most of those cars,fusion forget it,no escape on and on.One day they will hire a real "car guy"
    most of the above models were gone in july. Finding leftovers in sept is more miss then hit.Perhaps a fully loaded demo or over priced hybryd....anyway i should brush up on my spelling and grammer and get the resume going!!!!! people who write about the car biz appear to know nothing about it.
  • kyreeswilliamskyreeswilliams Member Posts: 0
    Despite the fact that it wasn't redesigned for 2013 (having been face-lifted in 2012), I've seen some nice incentives for 2012 Nissan Maximas...
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    2012 Mazda CX-9 definitely belongs on this list! I just bought a new 2012 Grand Touring FWD with Bose/Moonroof & Power Liftgate Packages for $8185 off MSRP! Paid $29,700 plus sales tax!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    This is one of the least inspired articles I've read in a while. It could just be a list of outgoing models. Where's the commentary? For example, if you like your SUVs truckier, take advantage of the deals on the Escape or Pathfinder. But if you like a car based CUV, you need to pay more for the newer models. Or how about something about the Acadia and Traverse getting very minor redesigns. To me that's when you really can take advantage of these deals. But for the Accord you're only getting a small discount and missing out on a significant redesign.
  • cindymunoz00cindymunoz00 Member Posts: 1
    This might help