Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Choice: Compact Crossover Comparison

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageEdmunds Choice: Compact Crossover Comparison

Edmunds.com compares the leading five-passenger compact crossovers, including driving impressions, specifications, fuel economy and an infographic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• stephensocalstephensocal Member Posts: 1
    No Mazda CX-5?! It's a great competitor, and superior in numerous categories!
  • sportgm1sportgm1 Member Posts: 1
    Totally Agree. Where is the 2013 Mazda CX-5??? With it's Skyactiv Technology and 35 MPG Highway, It is best in Class, period. I am averaging 29 MPG in the City. Amazing!
  • mherschelmherschel Member Posts: 1
    I refer to Edmunds alot for car information. But I totally disagree with the posted mileage of the Chevy Equinox. In city driving I got less that 18 mpg, and no more than 24 on highway. Traded mine in for a Hyundia Santa Fe (6 cyl.) in less than a year. More pep and better gas mileage.
  • alberioalberio Member Posts: 1
    How did edmunds leave off the Mazda CX-5...it's cheaper, same cargo capacity, MUCH better fuel mileage than all of these. And tows more than the CR-V. I am shopping in this segment and the Mazda's fuel economy is a huge edge.
  • suppinsuppin Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure the 35MPG Manual Transmission version of the CX-5 is a good comparison to the automatics in this group. a much more realistic comparison would be the 26/32MPG version of automatic Touring Mazda CX-5.

That said it should be on the comparison list! with it's fuel saving compatability it is one of the lowest cost to own SUVs available to us.
  • jr60jr60 Member Posts: 2
    Again Edmunds drops the ball, CX-5 all the way!
    I have been getting over 30 mpg with all the room i can stand.

EDMUNDS WAKE UP!!!!!
  • summerkiki08summerkiki08 Member Posts: 1
    How much did you guys pay for your CX-5 with or without tax?
    I'm in market to purchase one.
  • lbjacklbjack Member Posts: 1
    How bogus! A "comparison" without a Toyota entry? What, they didn't pay a "slotting fee" to get included?
  • showmequalityshowmequality Member Posts: 1
    Must have 100,000 mile b-b warranty......
    My one-owner TOYOTA 2001 4-RUNNER with over 301,000 miles and still a daily driver, Lexus GS 400 over 270,000 miles and still my #1 family driver, I recently rented a Toyota RAV on business travel ( needed some extra space ) boy did that vehicle ride like a rock, I thought that they had the tires improperly inflated, no it was just the way it's suspension was set up. After a couple of weeks I moved upto a 4x4 Tacoma crewcab, great ride (maybe longer wheel base and plenty of cargo area (only not covered). I plan on purchasing a new vehicle soon, thought about a Cad Escalade, but my one owner 2007 Tahoe has used over 1 QT of oil since over 70,000 CHEV SAID THAT IS NOT OUT OF THE NORMAL FOR CHEV. The 2002 Z-06 VETTE I owned was the last quality vehicle they produced. No German hi maintenance vehicles again SL's or D's. Never thought about Mazada, every Mazada I see is on it's last leg, a salesperson tried to get me to buy the hi line Mazada when I bought the LEXUS GS,, boy from what I see that would have been a big error. I always run high miles and expect the vehicle to last. Seems that LEXUS suv will be where I will start. Does anyone have a better up starting vehicle?
  • colonelmustardcolonelmustard Member Posts: 0
    I have to agree with most of the postings here. Writing an article about the new generation of (more) fuel-efficient crossovers and not including the Mazda CX-5 seems like an glaring oversight, and frankly makes the average reader wonder whether or not these articles are nothing more than paid-for advertisements.
    If you are looking for a vehicle in this category, you would be a grade-A fool to not at least consider Mazda's newest entry. I drove ALL of them in this article, and in my opinion, none of them present a better value for the dollar. The fact that the Kia Sportage is evaluated here, while the CX-5 is snubbed, is almost laughable.
  • timdogcctimdogcc Member Posts: 1
    Devil's advocate....this post is for "compact" crossovers. Can the CX-5 be classified as a "compact crossover?"

I would love to see more vehicles compared here as I feel there are more in this category however I am sure that there is some specific reason why others were left off.
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Member Posts: 2,743
    Someone forgot to include the Mazda CX-5. Fail.