Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

To Delight Car-Buying Customers, Longo Toyota Thinks Big

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

imageTo Delight Car-Buying Customers, Longo Toyota Thinks Big

Longo Toyota is a huge dealership by any measure. It really stands out because of the services it offers its customers and community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    touringtesttouringtest Member Posts: 5
    Plumbing new depths, eh Edmunds? Edmunds and Inside line used to be the best place for car reviews, specs, and lifesavers like TMV. What happened? What is this garbage?
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    How much did Longo pay for this piece?
  • Options
    hayabusa4uhayabusa4u Member Posts: 0
    Just in case someone thinks this is a commercial for Longo, it is not. I use to actually look forward to my service light turning on because I enjoy going to Longo so much. I have owned 2 Scion TC's and I am thinking of buying a FRS as soon as they throw in a turbo. Cant say enough good thinks about Longa and no, I don't work there or get anything for saying nice things about that.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I used to work for Penske/Longo. Really nice place to work, and when I left I even got a letter in the mail from the GM saying I was welcome back any time. I can see the value in articles like this - we've learned plenty about what dealers NOT to go to in the LT blog (avoid anything in West LA unless you like paying 1000% more than you would at any other dealer and receiving horrible service) but very little about good dealers. We interacted with a number of dealers when buying a car recently, and there is a huge difference in quality out there. I feel it is within the mission of a website dedicated to helping consumers with buying cars to highlight the good guys, especially when the bad guys give the rest of the industry a bad name.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    We didn't have a gym when I worked there though. Nor a Verizon store. But the Starbucks people learned my drink preferences based on the weather so it was still pretty cool.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Not saying that Longo are not a good place, but that is not the point .
    This is purely an ad. Nothing is being reviewed or tested. This article is just promoting the dealership.

FYI i used Galpin via Edmunds (by the way the TMV was waaay too high) to buy my 2013 Miata CS. And Galpin was fantastic. But if Edmunds wrote a similar blurb about them it would still be an ad. The only way to make this not is to be fair to all the dealerships and rate them all in one article.
  • Options
    hayabusa4uhayabusa4u Member Posts: 0
    That is a very good point desmolicious. I hope they do start reviewing stealerships, I mean dealerships. They are not created equal and most definitely don't treat everyone fair. I have nothing but nice things to say about Longo and nothing but bad things to say about all 3 dealerships in La Puente.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I clicked into this "article" thinking it would describe Edmunds' experiences shopping, buying cars, or getting them serviced at this business. Instead it's just an ad. Thumbs down.