Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 328d: 45 MPG on Highway, Says EPA

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 BMW 328d: 45 MPG on Highway, Says EPA

The diesel-powered 2014 BMW 328d returns 32 miles per gallon in city driving and 45 mpg on the highway, according to the EPA.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    put that Diesel in the X3 and you've sold a car
  • chatmanrchatmanr Member Posts: 11
    Since Chevy seems to be delaying the wagon variant, and it likely won't have all wheel drive; the 3 is solid yes for me!
  • jpbranjpbran Member Posts: 37
    VW's TDI engines regularly blow past those estimates... curious whether the BMWs will do the same.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Finally. It's about time BMW brought over the 4-cyl diesels that have been kicking [non-permissible content removed] in Europe for years.
  • mmmm4mmmm4 Member Posts: 8
    Built a 328d wagon on website. Pretty much all options at around 54k. Euro delivery could take it down to around 48K. still too expensive. I am really curious to see what the VW GTD will be like. I have MK6 GTI and it is a great car. Only thing I don't like is the noise level.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @jpbran- You're right about one thing,VW does blow past one thing. More like head gaskets, and intake valves.

Anita; your publishing just posted an article about how MPG isn't worth it's weight in the figures manufacturers post.

Though 45 MPG for a sp