Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Impala, 2013 Cadillac ATS and XTS Recalled

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2014 Chevrolet Impala, 2013 Cadillac ATS and XTS Recalled

General Motors is recalling 1,627 2014 Chevrolet Impalas and 2013 Cadillac ATS and XTS vehicles because the brake lamps may flash intermittently and the cruise control may disengage, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    Nice to see GM's latest offerings already following established historical precedent.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I agree. I have lost count of the number of GMs I have seen with only the center brake light working. It happened to me on one of my vehicles. Is engineering brake light switches that hard? To be fair, GM are no the only company with this issue.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Recalls are not a bad thing! The manufacturer is owning up to the problem and fixing it. In fact, being quick to recall a problem is an admirable trait. Now, a company may really have poor quality control, but judging that based on the number of recalls will not get you an accurate answer.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    The NHTSA statement is so comical. How boneheaded do they think drivers are? If the lights are malfunctioning that's one thing, but they seem to be exaggerating the potential risk. I for one can tell when a car is slowing even if its lights are not working properly. No biggie.
  • dandee711dandee711 Member Posts: 1
    I bought an Impala 2LTZ a couple of months ago to replace an aging BMW 7 series. The BMW was great, but this Impala is out of sight gorgeous. I've not seen anyone drop their jaw when taking the first look at the Impala in a parking lot, and almost running over to see what I was driving, until this car. Before buying, I test drove a Cadillac, a Mercedes, a Volvo, a Lexus, and amazingly settled on the quality features of the Impala. From a value standpoint, the Impala stands head and shoulders above the rest. On the road it feels like flying, and it is appointed as good if not better than anything on the road today. The trunk and backseat are so big, that 5 people can be accommodated with their luggage for an overnight trip. I highly recommend a test drive just to see the dramatic changes GM made in this vehicle.