Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan NV200 Taxis Hit the Streets in Big Apple

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Nissan

Comments

• dagmar3dagmar3 Member Posts: 8
    Is the NV200T big enough to host the TV show Cash Cab?

Personally, I will wait for the yellow Sienna.
  • rope2_rope2_ Member Posts: 7
    I wonder what kind of deal Mayor Blomberg made ..he sold out america when we need the jobs and money the most... Its a disgrace a public servent gives business to a non american company.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Nissan was determined to beat Ford for the ugliest new van. But watch out- Chrysler/Fiat's new van is on its way, and its looks could scare children.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    An American made (US) Taxi would have been a better choice for the country.
    Sadly these are made in Mexico
  • gtiguy3gtiguy3 Member Posts: 12
    @rope2,

the decision on what kind of taxi the city would use was made by bid, and any manufacturer could put forth a design.

They put forth the bid that made the most sense from a cost/design standpoint.
  • okbeartoyokbeartoy Member Posts: 34
    Folks you do know the Ford Crown Vic was made in CANADA and not the United States right? Well Canada is part of North America as is Mexico....Crown Vic's have been built in Canada since 1991, Impala's are also made in Canada, as are Dodge Chargers/Chrysler 300's.....Check out the new 2014 Chevy/GMC 1/2ton crew cab trucks, all made in Mexico...... double cabs in the US...
    to giti guy3
    So then bid with american companies only..I am sure japan is not gonna accept an american company to have a chance at there taxis ..When are you gonna wake up and understand we have to look out for ourselves first.. We need the money here not there ..But the new american will sell out its own mother..
    I guess I am lucky I will not live to see it,,,..When there is nothing left that this country owns and we become third world because of no american companies left.. I just feel sorry for our kids and theres ,,because everyone sells out,, like our leaders..So keep making excuses and support everyone outside america first ,,and see what becomes of us.. I hope I am wrong ,,and I guess its a bad word now a days to be loyal to your fellow citizens and your country ,,sorry to offend you mr gitiguy3