Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Ram 1500 Introduces 3.0-Liter EcoDiesel V6, Signals Truck Fuel-Economy Battle

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ram

image2014 Ram 1500 Introduces 3.0-Liter EcoDiesel V6, Signals Truck Fuel-Economy Battle

Chrysler on Friday debuted the 2014 Ram 1500 pickup with a turbocharged 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6, just a day after Ford introduced the 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor with a turbocharged gasoline V6.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    How exactly does this "signal the start of a fuel-economy battle"? It's one new engine... Ford's ecoboost has been around for a while already. No, if there *is* a battle, it started years ago when truck highway fuel economy started creeping into the 20s. GM, I think, was the first.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    more Chrysler imports
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    It's about freaking time a small displacement turbo diesel made it into a US truck.

I am willing to bet that real world mileage for this engine is MUCH better than the EB in the Ford.
  • machleidtmachleidt Member Posts: 1
    Makes a lot of sense if towing and hauling is your main objective. I'd definitely take a good look at this option.
  • hogwild1961hogwild1961 Member Posts: 26
    hope its better then the vmottori motor that was in my jeep liberty...hunk a jink