Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Lincoln MKC Revealed

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lincoln

image2015 Lincoln MKC Revealed

The production-ready 2015 Lincoln MKC debuted today with the same sharp looks that wowed on the auto show floor.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• tp660tp660 Member Posts: 15
    I don't think any of the major luxury brands have anything to be nervous about. I will say that this is a good start and a step in the right direction but they still need some rear wheel drive models or at least front wheel drive with longitudinally mounted engines like what Audi does.
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    The concept was a damn sexy SUV. The production model looks like a fancy Santa Fe fused with the Edge. Such a shame.
  • cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    In my opinion, the Lincoln split wing grill is worse than the Acura beak.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    That's a nice looking Audi hatch design on that Ford Escape you got there...
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Pretty SUV. I'm sure plenty of people will hate the grill. Personally I like it. But I still hate the name. If someone asked me about the Lincoln MKC or MKZ or MK-whatever I would not be able to tell them which Lincoln that is. Ford: please stop this stupidity and give Lincolns back their names.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    Needs a new front end, looks like a whale.
    The Lincoln lie up is just a replacement for Mercury nothing luxury about it.
    Fit and finish of these cars is typical Ford not at luxury level at all.
    Ford needs to separate Lincoln into it's own and stop sharing as many part if they really want to improve the Lincoln name plate.
    A rear wheel drive would be the first step.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I actually think that Ford now makes several very nice looking cars. Unfortunately, none of that has translated to their luxury arm Lincoln. The grille and tail lamp treatment that Lincoln continues to force on all their products is just terrible. No less terrible than Acura's stupid shield, but terrible nonetheless.
  • socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Some dials and buttons are back for MyFord/Lincoln Touch. Praise be. Also nice to start getting details on engine likely to be used in the next Mustang and Focus RS.
  • nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    What a nice Escape. Hardly a "luxury" vehicle.
  • patinthecitypatinthecity Member Posts: 40
    Side-by-side, the new Nissan Rogue looks just as "luxurious" inside and out. More and more people are fine with cheaper alternatives because those cheaper alternatives keep getting nicer. Not sure where this Lincoln will grab its sales from because the competition is getting fiercer.
    It doesn't look like Ford spent a lot of time trying to facelift this thing to mask its DNA. The interior is insulting to a near-luxury buyer, let alone a luxury one.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    The rear looks OK, but I can't get past that hideous grille. They couldn't pay me to drive one of these.
  • 8thbug8thbug Member Posts: 3
    This really looks pretty good, and that's a good thing because the MKZ appears to be a dud. I really liked my previous generation MKZ, and could not believe that Lincoln could screw up the new one so badly. I have only recently begun to consider owning a small crossover, and will definitely test drive the MKC.

I think that this is the best application so far for the split wing grille.
  • hotrodwhotrodw Member Posts: 0
    I'm not sure when Lincoln became the official punching bag for haters, but they sure are out in force today. As the current owner of an Audi and a BMW who hasn't purchased domestic in more than a decade, I think this looks fantastic ... inside and out. Anybody that claims to see any Escape in the MKC is either full of [non-permissible content removed] or he/she has a unique talent because the cars don't share a single body panel. I would have preferred a V6 option myself, but at least they chose to offer a more potent turbo four upgrade not available in the Escape. As for content, some of the features Lincoln is offering aren't available on some of its competitors at any price. Acura in particular seriously skimped on features with the RDX. Lexus and the possible Buick offerings are at least a year away, and the Europeans cost thousands more. On paper at least it appears Lincoln may have found the sweet spot in the semi-luxury category. I may be in the minority, but I think Lincoln has a winner with this one.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    They did nice job making the production car look like the concept. This car is competitive, but will buyers even know it's available?
  • 500rwhp500rwhp Member Posts: 99
    Probably the best looking (least ugly?) Lincoln in a while. To my eye, it is better looking than the Edge by a fair amount.
  • transpowertranspower Member Posts: 213
    Bah. My 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid AWD SUV has a much better powertrain than this....
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    As I'm in the market for a small to mid sized, semi-luxury, reasonably priced CUV, this one is the first that checks all the boxes. The Escape titanium's interior and ride is anything but luxury, but it's got that great 2.0T engine. The X3 has the engine, but the interior is spartan and it's overpriced. The Audi's Q3 engine needs an update. The interior of this Lincoln is WAY nicer than the aforementioned Rogue- and my guess is that the ride quality and quietness will be tuned more luxurious as well- compared to the Rogues, Escapes and Rav4's of the world. There really isn't much competition in the semi-lux, smaller CUV market. Who else has the interior, engine and reasonable price? The little buick is under powered and too small. the Caddy SRX gets lousy mileage. Subie's Outback is a fine car, but not luxurious and doesn't have the 2.0T. Yeah, the MKC grill will take some getting used to, but the rest of the styling is nice and it's the only vehicle that checks all the boxes for me. Love that they added some real knobs to the dash. It just made my short list. The new Cherokee would be on the list, but they don't have the great 2.0T engine. You get a choice of an anemic 4 or a guzzling 6.
  • transpowertranspower Member Posts: 213
    I don't like the whiskers grille. Please, bring back the waterfall grill. And make this into a hybrid.
  • madlockmadlock Member Posts: 42
    Finally a design in which the split wing is aesthetically organic and not just a cheap gimmick. Still a shame to deprive consumers the choice of a V6 - even the 3.5L EcoBoost V6.

Why would ANY luxury brand deny ANY potential customer an opportunity to fully indulge his wants - and pay a commensurate premium to do so?