Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Starts at $41,225

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Starts at $41,225

The new 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe will start at $41,225, when it arrives in U.S. showrooms in the spring.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Ok, I see what they did there. It's a sloping hatchback kind of like an A7.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Ok, I see what they did there. It's a sloping hatchback kind of like an A7.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    A four door compact BMW, so it's a 3series then.
    A four door compact BMW, so it's a 3series then.
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    I don't really see the difference or market differentiation need vs. an equivalent 3 series sedan ......and didn't they just get done telling us that odd number designations are for four doors and even number designations are for 2 doors cars? Jeez BMW make up your minds.
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    I don't really see the difference or market differentiation need vs. an equivalent 3 series sedan ......and didn't they just get done telling us that odd number designations are for four doors and even number designations are for 2 doors cars? Jeez BMW make up your minds.
  • fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    Not bad looking at all. This begs the question, however, why didn't they release this as the 3 series? To sell 4 series sedans and up-price the sleeker 4 gran-coupé sedan? Though I have no objections to the simpler 320i
    Not bad looking at all. This begs the question, however, why didn't they release this as the 3 series? To sell 4 series sedans and up-price the sleeker 4 gran-coupé sedan? Though I have no objections to the simpler 320i
    4 series coupé's * edmunds, you really need to program an edit function in your commenting system. your website is dated compared to others' ._.
    4 series coupé's * edmunds, you really need to program an edit function in your commenting system. your website is dated compared to others' ._.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,390
    I for one seriously doubt that this Gran coupe business is anything more than a gimmick to drive buyers upmarket from the Three-Series.

It might work, but perhaps at the expense of Five-Series sales.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,390
    I for one seriously doubt that this Gran coupe business is anything more than a gimmick to drive buyers upmarket from the Three-Series.

It might work, but perhaps at the expense of Five-Series sales.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Just, well, stupid. Unless the design is differentiated from the 3 a good amount, why bother?
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Just, well, stupid. Unless the design is differentiated from the 3 a good amount, why bother?
    That's it, I'm giving up on going along with BMW's naming scheme. As far as I'm concerned, their small-midsize cars will be the 3-series, including the M3, regardless of how many doors it has and regardless of if the top goes up and down. If they won't be consistent, I won't respect this silly naming strategy. Just like the Dodge Viper (which I refuse to call an SRT Viper for the same reason) this is apparently all the result of make-busy-work on the part of the marketing department.
    That's it, I'm giving up on going along with BMW's naming scheme. As far as I'm concerned, their small-midsize cars will be the 3-series, including the M3, regardless of how many doors it has and regardless of if the top goes up and down. If they won't be consistent, I won't respect this silly naming strategy. Just like the Dodge Viper (which I refuse to call an SRT Viper for the same reason) this is apparently all the result of make-busy-work on the part of the marketing department.
  • syslogsyslog Member Posts: 12
    I am sorry, but every BMW seems to look like every other BMW. You cannot (at least I cannot) easily distinguish between a 3 series, a 5 series or a 7 series any more. They don't look *bad*, just similar in an anonymously-okay-looking-car way...
  • syslogsyslog Member Posts: 12
    I am sorry, but every BMW seems to look like every other BMW. You cannot (at least I cannot) easily distinguish between a 3 series, a 5 series or a 7 series any more. They don't look *bad*, just similar in an anonymously-okay-looking-car way...
  • 300zxguy300zxguy Member Posts: 1
    yes, the naming is a bit odd, but I like the idea of a 4-dr hatch variant of the 3 series, whatever they call it. Also, looks much better than the 3 series sedan with the frameless doors. The way they do the doors on the 3 series sedan looks terrible and cheap, especially when combined with the black trim. 4 series execution is much neater, and more appropriate for the prices BMW charges.
  • 300zxguy300zxguy Member Posts: 1
    yes, the naming is a bit odd, but I like the idea of a 4-dr hatch variant of the 3 series, whatever they call it. Also, looks much better than the 3 series sedan with the frameless doors. The way they do the doors on the 3 series sedan looks terrible and cheap, especially when combined with the black trim. 4 series execution is much neater, and more appropriate for the prices BMW charges.
  • stineystiney Member Posts: 28
    This move just makes the 3 Series the "frump" in the line up. Although I do very much like the "hatchback thang" of the 4 Series Gran Coupe, this is really a 5 door hatch, not a "coupe" in any meaningful sense of the word.