Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru Legacy Leaked Ahead of 2014 Chicago Auto Show Debut

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2015 Subaru Legacy Leaked Ahead of 2014 Chicago Auto Show Debut

Photos of the redesigned 2015 Subaru Legacy have been leaked ahead of the midsize sedan's formal debut on Thursday at the 2014 Chicago Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    I really hope these are just artist renderings, because that model is really disappointing. The front end looks like a Ford Taurus, and that's not a good thing.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    I really hope these are just artist renderings, because that model is really disappointing. The front end looks like a Ford Taurus, and that's not a good thing.
  • ddennerlineddennerline Member Posts: 0
    VERY EXCITING!
  • ddennerlineddennerline Member Posts: 0
    VERY EXCITING!
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    WOW!! Why can't this be the concept the the concept be the actual production product, Subaru?! All you have to do is look at Kia or Hyundai. Even the newer Toyotas and Hondas looks smart compared to this...thing.

-A disappointed former Subaru owner/enthusiast
  • rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    WOW!! Why can't this be the concept the the concept be the actual production product, Subaru?! All you have to do is look at Kia or Hyundai. Even the newer Toyotas and Hondas looks smart compared to this...thing.

-A disappointed former Subaru owner/enthusiast
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    Disappointed. The interior is better, and I guess it's better than the current bulbous looking design, but I'm underwhelmed. Seriously, why can't this company make an attractive car anymore?
    Disappointed. The interior is better, and I guess it's better than the current bulbous looking design, but I'm underwhelmed. Seriously, why can't this company make an attractive car anymore?
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Subaru makes terrific cars. They've never been all that much to look at tho'. the new Legacy- no exception
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Subaru makes terrific cars. They've never been all that much to look at tho'. the new Legacy- no exception
  • tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Well clearly this is nothing like the concept renderings if these are actually the pics? (but hey any “car-nut” knew it would not). Wholly smokes did Subaru play it safe or what! I expected something much more aggressive. This could turn into a Civic rework the first year. Remember that Honda Civic a couple years ago, sales DIVED to the bottom; Honda did a face lift after 6 months! Based on this rendering (if it’s accurate?) I like the current model Legacy better! I don't care for “pod type” gage's either. No engine specs, but based on the styling, I don’t expect much. The only thing is has going for it, is standard AWD. I wish editors would not compare a Camry or Accord to anything that’s AWD, total different category of car! We shall see how this plays out!
  • tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Well clearly this is nothing like the concept renderings if these are actually the pics? (but hey any “car-nut” knew it would not). Wholly smokes did Subaru play it safe or what! I expected something much more aggressive. This could turn into a Civic rework the first year. Remember that Honda Civic a couple years ago, sales DIVED to the bottom; Honda did a face lift after 6 months! Based on this rendering (if it’s accurate?) I like the current model Legacy better! I don't care for “pod type” gage's either. No engine specs, but based on the styling, I don’t expect much. The only thing is has going for it, is standard AWD. I wish editors would not compare a Camry or Accord to anything that’s AWD, total different category of car! We shall see how this plays out!
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I owned a 2009 Legacy. The last year of the old body style. It's weird how I still like that look better than the current & future body work.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I owned a 2009 Legacy. The last year of the old body style. It's weird how I still like that look better than the current & future body work.
  • 300zxguy300zxguy Member Posts: 1
    "The production version of the family sedan lacks the presence and edginess of the Legacy concept." That's putting it politely. Subaru manages to sell cars despite their looks (I've bought two, both used). When Subaru decides it wants to increase its volume, it should hire a designer, like Hyundai and Kia did. Styling sells. At least the interior looks reasonably nice again, the 2010-14 design was not much to look at. Maybe I'll have something to replace my '04 Outback with in a few years.
  • 300zxguy300zxguy Member Posts: 1
    "The production version of the family sedan lacks the presence and edginess of the Legacy concept." That's putting it politely. Subaru manages to sell cars despite their looks (I've bought two, both used). When Subaru decides it wants to increase its volume, it should hire a designer, like Hyundai and Kia did. Styling sells. At least the interior looks reasonably nice again, the 2010-14 design was not much to look at. Maybe I'll have something to replace my '04 Outback with in a few years.
  • skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    As an ardent Subaru fan, I think they may want to just leave the sheet on and talk about the Seahawks or something.
  • rj_xtrail_2rj_xtrail_2 Member Posts: 16
    you are all bulls**t because I like the new look of the 2015 Legacy
    @ reminder: no, it's not weird - the '05 - '09 generation IS better looking! It's probably a solid piece of engineering under the sheetmetal, as Subaru's usually are, but in a market segment populated by mostly vanilla cars (except for the Fusion, 6, and
  • frenchguy007frenchguy007 Member Posts: 28
    I have a 2013 3.6R, it has a nicer look on the outside than this one. The inside looks like they improved things but hard to say, mine is all hard plastic and cheap looking, is this one better to the touch?

I also hope that they addressed the remote starter, the engine dies whn you open the door, making you re-start the car again. Does not make any sense, the reason you start a car remotely is to let it warm up while you take the snow off or are inside the house. Having a kill switch on the door hinge is just not smart, having to re-start the car is hard on the battery and starter. For a company that prides itself on engining feats, this one must have been designed by the coffee guy.

In summary, I have had two Legacy's in a row, both 3.6R's. While the drive is really good, especially in the winter, the noisy cheap material cabin is just not up to snuff. The 2015 does not look much better. The new Chrysler 200 with awd and almost 300 hp looks like a better option, so does the Fusion. I change every two years, this one is going back in the summer, time to switch brands and see the competition.