Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura Casts Itself as Dark Horse in New Ad Campaign

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

imageAcura Casts Itself as Dark Horse in New Ad Campaign

A new advertising campaign for the 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD, 2015 Acura NSX prototype and 2015 Acura TLX prototype portrays the Honda brand as a

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    I'm not a big fan of Acura at this point. However, the NSX is going to be beast, and if the TLX comes to market looking as close to the concept as possible, I will strongly consider one. The current designs might not inspire, but the 3.5 and 3.7 liter V-Tec engines are still great, and their SH-AWD system is better than most give it credit for.
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    Now, why didn't they invest in a spot during the Super Bowl with this ad? So much better than their previous ads. Love how each horse represents BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Cadillac. Hard to tell without freeze-framing the video.
    Freeze frame the video right at :23, and you clearly see the left horse is BMW, next is Audi, next Mercedes, and the last one on the right appears to be Cadillac but it's a bit harder to tell (only by the vertical LEDs did I think it was Caddie).
    Actually, the last horse on the right is probably Lexus. Looks like those LEDs are mimicking the IS front-end.
  • typeshtypesh Member Posts: 22
    It is Lexus, dfelix is correct, the LEDs do mimic the IS. At 0:30, you can see the 'L' logo on the chest of the 4th horse.
    Thanks, typesh. Odd they didn't put the logo on the nose like the others (though the BMW horse has the grille on the nose and chest). Really love this commercial as it doesn't take cheap shots at the competition like Audi and Infiniti commercials tend to do.
  • sparkndutch_sparkndutch_ Member Posts: 5
    I'm really looking forward seeing the TLX and RLX Hybrid in person later this year. Might be trading in my 2013 Accord Sport =)