Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Audi Q3 To Arrive in U.S. Showrooms This Fall

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Audi

image2015 Audi Q3 To Arrive in U.S. Showrooms This Fall

The 2015 Audi Q3, a highly anticipated compact SUV designed to compete with the BMW X1 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class, will go on sale here in the fall, Audi of America said.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    From a design standpoint, the Q3 compares to the GLA the same way Rachael Ray compares to Giada Delaurentis. The Q3 while not ugly, but looks bloated and frumpy.
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    great. another Audi with that 2.0T that burns oil.
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Time for new headlights and tail lights
  • Options
    wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    Why do VW-Audi continue to call products "new" that were released in Europe years ago? I remember seeing the Q3 at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 2011 and thinking it was a nice product. But three years later, it just looks stale and the platform it uses is old (not MQB), so the engineering is not exactly cutting edge.
  • Options
    huntzingerhuntzinger Member Posts: 356
    It is also bewildering that the Q3 is in some senses, "merely" last year's 2012 A3 Sportwagon...a product that Audi discontinued, supposedly because of "poor sales".

Of course, the more likely motivation (besides the update to the MQB platform) is that they wanted to raise the chasis height (hence, the "Q") so as to get it categorized into the "Light Truck" regulations. Oh, goodie: that means less pressure to make it fuel efficient, and IIRC less stringient safety standards.

But if it has a spare tire well (unlike BMW, Mercedes GLA), so that it doesn't have to have those {bleeping} runflat tires, I'll hold my nose and take it.

-hh
  • Options
    momo68_momo68_ Member Posts: 1
    I really want to like this compact SUV but the back looks strange. I wish the back was more like the Q5.
  • Options
    kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Was able to compare the Q3 interior with a Porsche Macan today and was surprised that the Q3 cargo area seems as generous as that in the longer Macan. Ditto available rear seat area. Was also surprised that front driver leg room was about the same in both these CUV's and superior to several other Audi's, including the Allroad.