Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition Is Gone in 600 Seconds

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition Is Gone in 600 Seconds

The 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition sold out within 10 minutes, the automaker said on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    $33,000 for a Miata, are you kidding?
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Can you guys find a worse picture?
  • engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    The MX-5 is a beautifully engineered sports car that happens to be affordable. As Corvettes, Porsches, TT's, Z4's and the like become increasingly more expensive, the MX-5 only becomes more relevant to budget conscious/middle class sports car enthusiasts. I just wish it had a little more luggage space and day-to-day practicality. Long live the MX-5.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I have no criticisms of the MX-5 itself, I could see myself owning one and enjoying it a lot. I can't call $33,000 for the car that it is "affordable" though. Sure it's far less expensive than new Corvettes, Porsches, TT's and Z4's but it's an entirely different class of sports car. Let's not forget this is a very small, 4 cylinder (and not a particularly powerful one at that) "minimalist" car. At that price you're in Mustang GT, Camaro SS, WRX territory, not to mention you can get a REALLY good used low miles Corvette. I like the MX-5, I just think you can get way more car for that kind of money. I think the MX-5 should max out no higher than $28k.
    metalmania - I respect your opinion. Keep in mind that the $33,000 car in this article is heavily optioned with items including leather, power folding hard top and unique trim. A base MX-5 starts in the low 20's with a fabric roof. The car can be as expensive as you choose to make it. Cars like the Mustang, Camaro, etc. can approach $40K with options and they still don't handle like a sports car. There are also affordable performance cars based on an economy car chassis, which comes with its own compromises. To each his own.
    I forgot to mention that since the MX-5 is a roadster, it should be compared to models with a convertible roof, just to be fair. I still think that the competition looks pretty thin in terms of value (and even thinner with nice options/packages).