Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar To Trademark "XQ" for New Crossover Due in 2015

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

imageJaguar To Trademark "XQ" for New Crossover Due in 2015

Jaguar trademarks XQ name for upcoming crossover.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I don't care about the market, kill it with fire.
  • skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    Completely news free news. The "artist's rendering" is a farce...some photochop based on a front-wheel drive something...looks like a cross between a Saturn and a Mini...and maybe a goldfish.

This is deplorable click-bait crap.
  • fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    What was the artist going for? A London cab replacement? "Stodgy" is putting it nicely >_>
  • tnooch1tnooch1 Member Posts: 3
    When I first saw the picture without reading anything, I thought it looked like a Mazda.
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    Pretty harsh comments... I think it looks good. Its a RR sport with a jag XFR face. I actualy really like it. Bring it jag!
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    A Ranage Rover with a Jaguar grille? kind of like a Tahoe with a Caddy grille. I don't understand why Jag thinks they need a crossover when they share a showroom floor with Land Rovers.
  • wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    This pretty much sums up what I think of a Jaguar crossover:
    http://www.autoextremist.com/
  • 99sablewagon99sablewagon Member Posts: 4
    It looks like one of those cats with a squashed nose.
  • garrymgarrym Member Posts: 27
    Whatever this crossover is going to look like, its not really necessary. I suppose now that they have some cash in the bank someone with a suit believes Jaguar too must get into the SUV game.

Focus on your core product people.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Needs larger rear to match XJ even as hatchback. Face is facetious.
  • openeyes1openeyes1 Member Posts: 22
    First, it's NOT a Crossover, it's an SUV, since it's elevated vs a car, and offers SUV high seating. Second. it will most likely suck down gas like only a Jaguar can, emptying even more of the owners wallet.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,390
    I don't know if I'd call a Range Rover body with a Jaguar nose "distinctive Jaguar styling" but I'm sure their PR department would... and did.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93