Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GM's OnStar 4G LTE Pricing Starts at $5 a Month

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageGM's OnStar 4G LTE Pricing Starts at $5 a Month

GM's 4G LTE data connection through OnStar will start at $5 a month after a three-month or three gigabytes trial service, the automaker said on Monday.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    it's a shame that I don't see a car on the list that I want to buy, as 4GLTE and OnStar is a great feature!
  • n321txn321tx Member Posts: 1
    I took delivery of a new 2015 Volt earlier this year and had a freebie "introductory" plan for a while. I liked it and on the 2nd day I punched the OnStar button to inquire how much a plan would cost and how would the customer be able to monitor usage. The OnStar rep couldn't answer wither of my questions.

Having a data plan in your car and not knowing how much data you have used and have left is like taking a road trip and not having a fuel gauge. I mean, I won't buy a data plan for my Volt until OnStar has some way for me to see what I have left. And OnStar's Remotelink App for my Volt works fairly well, it isn't without frequent bugs, thus giving me little confidence in the LTE capability.