Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Entry-Level Chevrolet Corvette Under Consideration

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

imageEntry-Level Chevrolet Corvette Under Consideration

General Motors is developing a less expensive, so-called entry-level Chevrolet Corvette that is expected to be priced thousands less than the model that goes on sale this fall.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• variaxvariax Member Posts: 2
    If they can get it under $40K I'm buying one. I know, I'm dreaming.
  • ed124ced124c Member Posts: 0
    Just putting a somewhat smaller V8 into it will not drop the price enough. If I were in charge, I would make an entry level "Corvette" that uses the same body but is, perhaps, 400 pounds lighter and uses a V6-- with or without a turbo. Also, it would not have any expensive driving gizmos, but it WOULD have all the electronics that the 20-30 year old target buyers want. The price would be $36,995. Also, and sadly, this 2017 model would not have a manual transmission due to President Obama's law in 2016 that all new cars sold in the US must have automatics, which would lower gas consumption by 3 mpg. And by the year 2020 car makers would have to provide new auto trannys that totally control all of the driver's acceleration. (Can you imagine 10-12 seconds to 60?) That would add at least another 3 mpg improvement. Older cars, of course, would not be affected. So... hang onto your 2014 Corvette.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    A V6 vette that would work....
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    "It would be an effort to attract buyers to a brand that has seen its sales dramatically decline over the past several years. Last year Chevrolet sold 14,132 Corvettes."

Really,is it any wonder?. I make 100k year and couldnt consider a car with a 6.2 liter V8 that starts at 50k+ or so. I could have a 2 seater in my life but not wanting to "feed" a 6.2 liter engine or pay that much money for the "privledge" to do so .....Suggest not only offering the 5.3 liter V8 but also the 3.6 liter V6 from the Camaro with Fixed roof, no sunroof, cloth seats /no leather,basic stereo, basic AC, no Nav, 6spd auto only ,smaller wheel/tires ,offered in 3 colors (red,white,blue). Sell it for 35- 40k.